Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Oxxidation posted:

I'm interested in seeing how the Republican party tries to counter this now that they've seen the writing on the wall.

Voter fraud, No True Scotsman, Weather, It was always a blue state and we never expected to win, mind control, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Zoro posted:

What's so important about 17?

We were close to being gerrymandered into a hard red state government which would have have sunk the state into a GOP pit.

17 is whats needed to tie, 18 to get a majority, and have already picked up 11. Probably won’t get the full thing but drat if it’s enough to stall a lot of the batshit insane crap the House has been trying to pump out.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

Is it normal for them to bring grenade launchers?

They aren't going to shoot at Trump, unless they don't feel like existing anymore

They have everything. Presidents travel with a lot of specialized protection and something to obliterate waves of commies is on the list along with snipers, suppressing fire, and probably a SAW gunner for luck.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Voter fraud, No True Scotsman, Weather, It was always a blue state and we never expected to win, mind control, etc

Not excuse, counter. We're going to see hitherto unexplored forms of dirty pool in the 2018 elections, I think.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Covok posted:

We did it!

Woo!

gently caress yeah!

Though, I am pretty sure my district didn't flip :( Oh well, I did phonebacking and poo poo for Laura. it's a heavy republican place so I wasn't expecting a win, but we tried. Besides, was a local election, not house so not end of the world, I suppose.

Anyhoo, Northam woo!

gently caress yeah!

We. loving. Won/1

2018, full dem seat.

House: 538 Dem, 0 Rep

Senate: 65 Dem, 35 Rep

And 2020 all the govenorships and the presidency too!

gently caress. Yes!

ok ok I think you're taking the I Am the AntiCovok thing a little far

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Oxxidation posted:

I'm interested in seeing how the Republican party tries to counter this now that they've seen the writing on the wall.

House members who live in purple districts will continue to retire, while the rest of the party continues to meld with Trump.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If you’re an incredibly lovely person doing incredibly lovely things, people tend to want the gently caress out. It’s good to see people realize.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Some of those red states may be looking more purple by next year.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

+12

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/928073671280857093

Woo!

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/928073035525050368

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/928073052100886529

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Purge voter rolls, repeal mail-in and early voting, shorter poll times, fewer polling places, more voter ID laws coupled with fewer offices issuing IDs.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Some good schadenfreude in the bad thread right now, get it while it's hot.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
make the fuckin tweets you fat orange dipshit make me some fuckin tweets I know you're watching this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
oh ffs MSNBC is now taking the opportunity to interview Donna loving Brazille.

WHY?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
big thank you to your boy fancy and all goons who helped make this not a poo poo day for the rest of us

you are inspiring

edit i think i hosed his name up, my bad

skylined! fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 8, 2017

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oxxidation posted:

They'll suddenly take an interest in the possibility of Russians rigging elections.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Bannon: We’ve analyzed their polls sir and there is a danger. Should I have your pivot standing by?

Trump: pivot? In our moment of triumph? I think you bigly overestimate their chances.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/928070647909093376

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/928065435005833217

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Mods rename him Everyone’s Boy Fancy tia

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
At this point, D27, D62 and D68 are all within a single percent of going blue. If its going to be a Dem majority, it'll go through those three.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

:lol:

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/928074643264737280

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

We have a tweet!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/928074747316928513

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Bill De Blasio's reelection as NYC mayor will be called in about 20 minutes or so.

edit: first dem to be reelected mayor since Koch in the 80's I believe

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/928074747316928513

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Someone called it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ColdPie posted:

Purge voter rolls, repeal mail-in and early voting, shorter poll times, fewer polling places, more voter ID laws coupled with fewer offices issuing IDs.

That won't stop us! Throw every dirty trick you want, the house will be Dem majority, the senate will be dem majority, and the President will go into 2020 with not a single accomplishment, possibly impeached.

Trumpism is over. The victory is almost won!

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
LOL that loving dipshit didn't even wait 1 hour to throw Gillespie under the bus

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Get poo poo on

By like a bunch of pigeons

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA YESS S S S BLOAAARRRGH suck a fat one ya smoothbrained fat man

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Covok posted:

That won't stop us! Throw every dirty trick you want, the house will be Dem majority, the senate will be dem majority, and the President will go into 2020 with not a single accomplishment, possibly impeached.

What a turn

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol called it

evilweasel posted:

gillispie, duh, and tweet how much he hosed up by not embracing trump

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

as the angry tears pour down his fat orange face

yes, Donny, you won 4 out of 4 house seats by razor-thin loving majorities in districts where Republicans are supposed to win crushing victories

and tonight the people of Virginia, New Jersey, and Maine stood up and told you to gently caress the gently caress off

cry Donny

cry for me

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

hahahahahahah

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Covok posted:

This is some bipolar.txt right here

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Sorry, what was that Trump? Couldn't hear that over the sound of you running away from the DMZ to tweet about how your huge loss isn't that bad while you sob into your kentucky fried chicken.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Now to see if his pro-Gillespie tweets magically disappear like the Luther Strange ones did

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
+8.8 predicted

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

maybe don jr shouldnt have told republicans to vote tommorow

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Maybe the republican turnout was so low because of Trump Jr.'s tweet?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So it looks like the Democratic voters did fairly well on their own, but what really made this a rout was the depressed R turnout.

You can probably lay that squarely at Trump's feet. Wonder how many schmucks in his party will do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nazis across the nation sad. Trumpism can't win elections. Gillepese showed that running a Trump campaign can't win! Republicans hosed and cucked by Trump. Nazism will be destroyed in the US by 2020! Alt-reich doomed!

I don't think so, Nazis! Your defeat is at hand!

• Locked thread