Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ok so I'm considering Legend Diving Vivi. I only have his BSB and LMR but from what I've seen he's a good LD even with no relics. I'm also 1 or 2 black crystals away from honing Meltdown to R3.

Here's the only thing holding me back: I don't know if he'll help me beat anything. I still have yet to beat the fire and earth magicites and I have plans to Cloud USB Retaliate the fire one and use Fujin BSB to beat earth. I'm not sure if Vivi will matter against the dark and holy magicites since I have a fully Legend Dived Raines with BSB and OSB.

Suggestions?

With proper luck I can sub-30 Golem with SB-less Vivi and Fujin BSB, with no-relic Edge as my 3rd DPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
FML. 1/11 Gogo SSB. :suicide:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I got +10 mag for Raines (and my first imperil holy) and +ice armor. I'll take it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2/11

Setzer USB
Jecht BSB

Another Ultra finally :toot:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I didn’t really have a pressing need to pull on this banner. Everything seemed to indicate that I was so much better off holding this mythril for potential FFIV rage pulls. However I calculated that I could have enough mythril for three FFIV banner pulls.

The instinct, as always, is correct!

Weren’t we supposed to get five mythril with this dungeon update for the introduction of FFX-2?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I got memed by Tiny Bee

...I also went 4/11 with no dupes so it was cool

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

:getin:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
2/11: Celes BSB2, Wakka BSB

Was really hoping for Mog stuff, but no dupes and no SSBs so can't complain that much.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

I got +10 mag for Raines (and my first imperil holy) and +ice armor. I'll take it.

I also went 1/11 and got Raines SSB. I am not pleased at all, but whatever.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

So like, I don't mean to bitch about a great roll, but I have literally 2 USBs in all of FFVI, X, and XIII so of course, somehow, I get a dupe Tidus USB. How.

At least it's a decent stat stick now I guess.

Is Wakka's burst okay?

e:

I hate you so much.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 8, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Is Wakka's burst okay?

It's a very first-gen BSB, so absolutely nothing special. I guess it'll save you ability slots if you need to run something like Affliction Break.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jecht OSB and an SSB for Rikku.

pbbbbbbbbt

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I actually shattered the fire samurai skills, lol

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Braska SSB (Hey, faithga.)
Fang BSB (How does this compare to other enwinds like Luneth and Cloud?)
RIKKU USB. WHY. HOW DOES THIS KEEP ON HAPPENING TO ME. I DON'T DESERVE SUCH A GOOD RELIC.

Welp, I guess now I have zero reason to keep a paladin on my team for both halves of Proshellga. Noctis is going to be a great damage dealer... when I get around to beating Omega Drive.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Terra USB, Hope OSB (dupe), Jecht BSB, Snow BSB. :toot:

Even if my fire team is already pretty stacked, I can't say no to Terra USB. Might mean instead of pulling on the Terra/Locke banner I pull on the Sabin/Strago banner. Or if we get that Terra/Yuffie fest banner, I don't think that had Terra's USB on it. Ice+ armor from Snow is nice too, and Last Stand is always nice to have.

More non-rod mage 6*s and Blitzballs though. I'd love to get some better stat sticks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Haha jfc I just failed the mastery for the FF3 JS because I killed her before I could get a full break on her. Thanks, Lightning.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Kefka SSB/11

Ugh.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got Auron's Bushido BSB. Nothing fancy.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

1/11, Serah SSB1 (AoE damage + Slow).

Wheeee. :geno:

Honestly I would have preferred Tiny Bee to this, though I guess it's a stat stick and reliable AoE slow.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Never don't lucky draw.

Even though I don't really know wtf to do with Cyan's USB. (Relm's USB is a dupe.) And as for Kimahri's burst... well, it might help with Liquid Flame, I guess?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I also went 1/11 and got Raines SSB. I am not pleased at all, but whatever.

1/11 SSB is pretty bad. Do you have his BSB?

+10 mag from mastery is actually OK in my case. I have a full set of +dark and +holy gear for him but they don't leave him with much mag so every little bit helps. I'd rather not use +mag accessories when I could take status or elemental resist instead.

+ice armor is what made the pull for me. Sadly it doesn't have any mag so I'll need to run the numbers to make sure Edea can hit 6 times with her BSB CMD1 while using it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
One of my college buddies sent me a screenshot of his pull:

Literally Tiny Bee/11

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
So I got Tidus' chain and Paines burst which seems hilarious for water synergy.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

drat there are some crazy good pulls going in in here, I'm jealous.

Went 4/11 with:

Cyan BSB
Terra SSB (my 6th one :argh:)
Edgar SSB
Fang SSB

I wanted an excuse to use Cyan once in a while so that's not bad. Edgar's SSB is my first imperil poison, which is...something, I guess. I've got his BSB and Quistis' BSB so maybe I'll get some use out of it on the 1 boss per year with a poison weakness. Fang's SSB might actually be useful for jump starts since I have her BSB with an imperil on it. I already have a metric shitload of +wind gear so that isn't a big deal, but that's a first-world problem.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

1/11 SSB is pretty bad. Do you have his BSB?

+10 mag from mastery is actually OK in my case. I have a full set of +dark and +holy gear for him but they don't leave him with much mag so every little bit helps. I'd rather not use +mag accessories when I could take status or elemental resist instead.

+ice armor is what made the pull for me. Sadly it doesn't have any mag so I'll need to run the numbers to make sure Edea can hit 6 times with her BSB CMD1 while using it.

I have his BSB, in fact it's an 8*....

+10 mag is OK, and another raines bsb would be worse, but still...

Griz
May 21, 2001

is Celes BSB2 the really good one? I got two of those, and Lulu BSB, and Sabin's physical blink SSB.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
1/11 got wakka’s bsb (assault reels) which seems... not so good

Oh well, they can’t all be winners. Still have a decent stockpile of mythril and now realm dungeons are half off!

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Rikku BSB was a dupe. Oh well, at least I can keep upping stam for the next week.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Griz posted:

is Celes BSB2 the really good one? I got two of those, and Lulu BSB, and Sabin's physical blink SSB.

Yeah the BSB2 is considered the better one. Runic plus the bsb commands is really good. Maria's Song (her first one) isn't too bad for an early bsb though.

I ended up with Umaro bsb/11 which I guess is supposed to be situationally good for the single-target spammable instant cast?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
1/11 Valiant Knife. Barely even useful as a synergy weapon.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Got Terra's USB. That's an instant legend dive for Terra, right?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Got one of the more disappointing 3/11 no dupe pulls possible. Sabin OSB, Cyan SSB and Gau BSB. Aside from maybe loving around with Gau, may not use any of these.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sabin OSB is the second best physical Fire OSB out there. It's got its uses.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Sazh SSB (the sirius sidearms, protectga and haste) and Nabaat SSB. Kind of a dud pull, but I got Nabaat's BSB during fest so it's not a total writeoff. She's still stuck in the giant queue of people I need to level up, though.

edit: actually it seems like a useful debuff/extra bit of damage for someone with a dark imperil. I would have really liked something from 6 but I had an idea I was striking out there, so this is Good Enough.

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 8, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
1/11 disco. Cool! Great! It's... Fang's OSB. My uh, third copy of it. So I guess I have a maxed out spear now? To give you an idea, it's literally the only base 6* item in XIII that I owned already.

gently caress this game so hard. Every single draw's been a bust since the second fest LD.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Spikey posted:

Got Terra's USB. That's an instant legend dive for Terra, right?

Only if you also have her OSB

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Got Cyan's USB and Locke OSB

The OSB is a bit whatever, but solid enough.

Cyan's USB looked initially disappointing, but I thought I'd give it a crack anyway. While this is probably not its intended purpose, turns out you can pull off one hell of a retaliate strategy with it.

It has a native +50% crit damage, which stacks very nicely with Cloud USB and the extra +20% damage you get from high retaliate. Pair it hailstorm and a few double hits and you've got yourself the best approximation of the psycho cyan bug possible in FFRK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndepI1jRnXw&t=5s

Level 76 cyan with a 3* dive only doing 11000 per retaliate proc, 40,000 per warring flame and a tasty 128,000 damage with boosted USB cast.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Lots of people getting Cyan USB, including me, except I also got Khimahri's SSB.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got Cyan's...SSB!
Uh, I guess it'll be handy if I REALLY need to Stop multiple targets? Too bad I already completed the Nightmare Tonberry fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Heck, I'll take it! That's like the best best DU Lucky draw I've had in well over a year. :toot:

That said, the hype is a bit dead when it comes to Setzer, thanks to Magicite, and the game leaning away from breakdowns in general. But if the game ever pivots towards break vulnerable high end content, my boy Setzer will be ready.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 8, 2017

• Locked thread