Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Penultimate(?) DDLC Faux Pa trip report!

"ok I am going to go right to bed and kick myself now"
noooo come back so you can see the glitch screen!
"Huh? It's got some glitch on it, or is that intentional?"

No comment for quite a while as the game restarts. I don't think he knows what to make of this yet.
"By the way this is really creepy with the glitching."
"You know it's really upsetting me we're going on as if our friend just didn't exist."
I tell him how sweet this is and he just gives me a big pouty face.
(he hasn't tried to reload yet though haha)
"It would take more than pretty girls to get me to join a club this traumatic"

Still getting Yuri results from his words of course. He does a double take to check the history when her synopsis of that book sounds way different. Monika's also sounding way more bitchy now talking about Yuri and it's making him go "hmmm". He likes her continuation of the Hole in Wall poem though.

Now the music is also glitching more noticeably and he looks concerned. The super escalated cat fight is even worse.
Monika: "I'm sure Natsuki will forget about it tomorrow. Completely."
He just gives me this LOOK at that haha he knows something's up

Yuri's off to make tea.... He's just staring with super raised eyebrows again, nothing to see here, nobody's cutting themselves let's rewind now
Welp that closet scene was awkward too, but we didn't get the yandere eyes though? What a letdown!

Ooh a new Yuri poem, the freaky Wheel one, and she stole his pen and is all hyperactive but she's not going on in graphic detail about it yet so he's at least laughing and appreciating "this moment of levity in between all the freaky depressing poo poo"
"But Monika is really creepy"
Speaking of that, let's read the new Delete Her poem
"...oh, but at least she has it together in the head, huh?"
Yuri's getting EXTRA glitchy talking about Natsuki and he thinks it's going a bit far now
Hmmm that fadeout chat with Monika got him intrigued though

Another poem game, Yuri wins again, he got one of the Monika bounces though! It's replaying the same tea scene
"Didn't we go through this already?"
EXTRA GLITCHY TIME
"Man she's right about Monika though"
He's finding this section extra freaky but time for a total 180 with Natsuki's secret message.
"Awwww, is this why you like Natsuki? :3: Yeah I do like her"

Just Monika makes him laugh, the Yuri poem with stains all over it... does not.

"Ok I'm just gonna choose Monika this time cause-"
Noooo what about Natsuki!
"Oh ok, I'll-" (mouse drags back to Monika) (laughter)
Monika: "Yay, you picked me!" (more laughter)
Ok stop laughing Yuri's confessing
"It feels like an awful result whether I say yes or no to this! ...ok let's try yes"
Big eyebrows time
Wonder how long he'll click... took him a while but now he found the skip button
"How long does this continue for?!"(stops skipping when the next day comes around)
"Ok how do you get out of this?"
(Starts skipping again)
"How do you get out of this, don't just sit there texting!"
(Stops and restarts skipping some more, finally gets through it)

"She's remarkably calm about this."
"So Monika is like the programmer?"
Can't tell yet what he thinks about this new act here, but he likes the spacy background.
Monika: "will you go out with me?"
He tried to click elsewhere around the screen before clicking the only option of Yes, ooh I didn't try that when I played. He's amused by the 4th wall name stuff and joking with me some more about how I just want to freak him out. But with me here to recommend the game to him, he had a unique opportunity! To experience the game without the spoiler warnings about how it's not suitable for children or the easily disturbed?

"It's not suitable for anyone! :v: "

Some time spent staring into Monika's eyes later...
"So I have to quit the game at this point?"
Amusingly, her first chitchat is about wanting Yuri to make coffee instead of tea, so I tell him how I was all worried he'd spray coffee on my laptop
"I've actually come to like Monika, weirdly enough"
Well that's interesting, my guess was he'd go straight to deleting her right away, but I think doing this all in one sitting had him a bit too dazed to twig on to the thing about deleting her file yet. Oh, no wait, he's mentioning it after all... "The funny thing though is even if you did go to delete the character files or whatever, because this is on Steam it'd just get restored!"
"So how long does this continue, do I need to close the game now? My guess is this will just continue infinitely, won't it?"

Ok, this is enough for one night :angel:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Funny story, when I played, I actually tried to copy what happened with Sayori for the others. I just tried to straight up delete them and leave just Monika. Entirely on my own.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
There is nothing better in the game than starting a fresh run and deleting Monika before starting. Watching Sayori just be like 'Yeah NOOOOOPE' and killing herself is a nice touch.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

There is nothing better in the game than starting a fresh run and deleting Monika before starting. Watching Sayori just be like 'Yeah NOOOOOPE' and killing herself is a nice touch.
Wait, what?

I need to try that, holy poo poo.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
all these spoiler bars are giving me abb2 flashbacks

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

delete this garbage thread next

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GulagDolls posted:

:agreed:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I post here for the first time in forever and within a few days there are calls to delete the thread. :smith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

GulagDolls posted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MOAT

HOW YOU?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Instead of deleting this thread, play the mafia game in THIS thread.

I am co-modding and this setup is Little Mac approved for fun good times. I promise.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

birdstrike sirsamvines join my gaime.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

MOAT

HOW YOU?

I had my hands broken and then thrown into the pit from Batman rising and I've been slowly building up the power to post again

P good otherwise, you?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Moatillata posted:

I had my hands broken and then thrown into the pit from Batman rising and I've been slowly building up the power to post again

P good otherwise, you?

Also pretty good I've been huffing a lot of this Scarecrow gas

You might like this poster I saw near my work this morning

Birdstrike posted:

which one of you put this up (and where can I get copies)?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I made Larry David mafia but I guess I'll wait until some of these existing games fill

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

Also pretty good I've been huffing a lot of this Scarecrow gas

You might like this poster I saw near my work this morning

I want one like that but instead says "eat the rich"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Kashuno posted:

honestly this is probably the part in the game that freaked me out the most

other than yuri's last poem. the obvious piss stain makes it the worst

DDLC was a good game but I am honestly a bit scarred to go back and get the "best" ending, even if I kinda wanna know what the gently caress is up with natsuki other than what act 2 hints at

also, hello mafia thread

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

so I post for the first time in aeons, possibly millenia, and... you're all awestruck and everyone's afraid to go first to welcome me back and invite me to their games? this is believable.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Epsilon Plus posted:

so I post for the first time in aeons, possibly millenia, and... you're all awestruck and everyone's afraid to go first to welcome me back and invite me to their games? this is believable.

Welcome back.

You should join dragonball mafia.

It will be fun!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Welcome back.

You should join dragonball mafia.

It will be fun!

dbz mafia looks like it may be too complicated for my first foray back

non-mafia edit: also I'm not sure my attention span/lifestyle can handle a game with more than like 15 people right now

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 9, 2017

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

non-mafia edit: also I'm not sure my attention span/lifestyle can handle a game with more than like 15 people right now

80s video box art is like two away and is an 11 person game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Now we have an E+ and a B-!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Epsilon Plus posted:

80s box art mafia is a standard build for 11 people

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hi epsilon, it’s me magnus. I <3 that you’ve come back to play with us

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I need 4 more to get DBZ started.

You should join if you haven't, it's going to be fun.

And I have a cool new system for dealing with night actions!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
would it really have been so loving difficult to drop all these references to being a guy from this loving game?? it's practically unplayable

like real talk I can't shake the feeling I'm having a practical joke played on me, this poo poo never goes anywhere interesting and it's just four hours of doki doki professor oaky

LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING WRONG YOU FUCKS

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peramene posted:

would it really have been so loving difficult to drop all these references to being a guy from this loving game?? it's practically unplayable

like real talk I can't shake the feeling I'm having a practical joke played on me, this poo poo never goes anywhere interesting and it's just four hours of doki doki professor oaky

Which game? mafia in general?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

If it's taking four hours, you are playing really slowly. I had the whole game beat in four hours and I left the thing open to gently caress around on SA.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

peramene posted:

playing myst huh

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I keep badgering about this, but I need two more and we're good.

If you're on the fence, don't be on the fence. If you're on the wrong side of the fence, be on the right side of the fence.

DBZ Mafia

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i hope yamcha wins

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi reminder fill out form, get christmas card.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdrKbR5UiD3eRpPH3yy69KXqg1Vv_fMnbtRUq6XrzmuhbHPug/viewform

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I would but you sent me glitter last time and it got on everything!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If you're on the fence, don't be on the fence. If you're on the wrong side of the fence, be on the right side of the fence.

DBZ Mafia

Fill the last spot or die. I don't care which.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Little Mac posted:

Fill the last spot or die. I don't care which.

dude spoiler that poo poo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quidthulhu posted:

dude spoiler that poo poo
don't worry he comes back to life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

DBZ Mafia

Got you covered!