Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
why warwolf at t2? also in regards to t2 just put your best team up then auto run it imo. I do that and usually get 140 crystals or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I leave my Gold timeline battles on automatic with Dr. Strange, Sharon and Wolverine. I think adding Wolverine was a mistake, or I should have given him the immunity to webbing that I gave Dr Strange. So many games down to the timer where they just cant beat Wolvie through his healing and yet he cant get any hits in on Spiderman or Quicksilver. Watching one time out now where girders, taxis and whirlwinds are everywhere from a constantly untargetable Quicksilver who is at 2/3 life while Wolverine just stands there and takes it staying around full life. I think my phone is going to overheat.

Huh with 30 seconds to go Quicksilver got gibbed out of nowhere, then the enemy Sharon popped out and put Wolverine out of his misery in 2 swings.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holyshoot posted:

why warwolf at t2? also in regards to t2 just put your best team up then auto run it imo. I do that and usually get 140 crystals or so.

Someone mentioned "T2 War Wolf". I'm mainly just working on him because i have all those honor tokens and I have to do something with them. He's just on the long list of stuff in my head to how I might be able to improve my poo poo when I have the patience to try again.

I got really into Timeline with a Jean/Spider-Man/Wolverine team the last few weeks. This week Jean and Sharon Rogers both got restricted so I'm still really into it but now am playing with a Wolverine/Strange/Spidey combo that has been making me angry, especially since I'm now in Vibranium so it seems impossible to avoid Quicksilver as I was in Platinum and Gold. When I get Quicksilver's skills and gear up I'll probably replace Spidey with him. I actually enjoy Timeline and actually playing something, but yeah, now that my week is a wash I'm just going to autorun Wolverine but then my phone just sits there for an hour while Quicksilver makes Wolverine stand and wait for the clock to run out. My phone is going to explode.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cinara posted:

You don't have a 100%+ damage proc obelisk.

That is literally the only reason you're failing to get the 15s timer. I am actually surprised The Dave got a kill in under 15s without one, but good striker procs could do it. But for comparison I just got a 6s kill on my first try with She Hulk, Daisy and Jean. Swap to Daisy, hit 3, swap to Jean hit 5 then 4 and he died.

honestly yes this has got to be the roadblock

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

STAC Goat posted:

Feel free to point out the many ways my Jean probably sucks because I'm a stupid head.

Everything else aside, I wanna say you're being too hard on yourself. You're doing great, relax. :unsmith:

No one thinks you're bad, this game is bad at explaining basically everything.

Holyshoot posted:

why warwolf at t2?

T2 Warwolf buffs your whole team for crit damage and rate. Coulson's a better buff, but it only works against super villains so it doesn't do diddly with QS. Mantis T2 gives defpen and a bit of crit damage so she's another good choice.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 6, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

NmareBfly posted:

Everything else aside, I wanna say you're being too hard on yourself. You're doing great, relax. :unsmith:

No one thinks you're bad, this game is bad at explaining basically everything.

T2 Warwolf buffs your whole team for crit damage and rate. Coulson's a better buff, but it only works for super villains so it doesn't do diddly with QS. Mantis T2 gives defpen and a bit of crit damage so she's another good choice.

Yeah, this is just how I'm wired. I throw myself at a wall a bunch, get really frustrated, get all self deprecating about it, and take a break and chill out. It makes me feel better screaming over the top about how much I suck because the reality that I'm just like 5 seconds off my goal and there's clearly just one little thing I'm doing wrong that I can't figure out is just way, way more frustrating.

I mean, I called myself a "stupid head."

And yeah, I just got done working Mantis up too so she's a T2 option. I'm just kind of setting up options right now while I recharge my patience.

Cinara posted:

You don't have a 100%+ damage proc obelisk.

That is literally the only reason you're failing to get the 15s timer. I am actually surprised The Dave got a kill in under 15s without one, but good striker procs could do it. But for comparison I just got a 6s kill on my first try with She Hulk, Daisy and Jean. Swap to Daisy, hit 3, swap to Jean hit 5 then 4 and he died.

But you honestly need way better cards. You are using an ignore defense obelisk and Jean still isn't ignore defense capped, and you are not cooldown capped either. Ignore Defense is one of the most important stats to have capped on every character.

First, thank you. I have no doubt your advice is critically important. My fundamental problem is I don't know what "100% damage proc" is. I just went through like 50 obelisks I have in my inventory and didn't see anything that looks like that on any of them. What am I missing?

I'm working on cards. Its a long process.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

First, thank you. I have no doubt your advice is critically important. My fundamental problem is I don't know what "100% damage proc" is. I just went through like 50 obelisks I have in my inventory and didn't see anything that looks like that on any of them. What am I missing?

I'm working on cards. Its a long process.

One like this, with the proc that increases damage by a large % for one attack.

Tom Gorman posted:

Obelisk is bad but I haven't been able to roll a better one

This is actually a very good Jean obelisk even though it's only a 4*, but the damage proc could be higher. On a 6* they cap out at 200%, though that is very very rare. 140/160 are a good range to shoot for, but even 110% is still a huge boost. Every character wants either invulnerable like you have on yours or a increase damage proc like this, just depends on the character and what your focus is. Invulnerable ones have been the best for PvP for a while but are starting to be less useful as more characters with pierce invulnerable are being added, Quicksilver being a big one.

And yea, cards are rough and a very very slow process even for people that have been playing for a long time.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 6, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Mantis T2 is useful but ideally you don't want to need her, you want to get defpen for cards. Still, seeing as how 'get better cards' is a process that can take months she's not a bad stopgap.

Damage proc looks like this:

It can go up to 200%. I think it's about as rare as invincibility, and those are kinda the only two you ever want.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cinara posted:

This is actually a very good Jean obelisk even though it's only a 4*, but the damage proc could be higher. On a 6* they cap out at 200%, though that is very very rare. 140/160 are a good range to shoot for, but even 110% is still a huge boost.

Bad is relative I guess. My crit % isn't great and the damage proc is low. My Jean is unranked, but still annihilates every game mode that exists. My favorite strategy is to use resources to turn useless characters into useful ones instead of dumping everything into the metas

Right now I'm working on Elektra and Cho.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I think I get it now. So I want something like this?

Neither of them seem awesome but I get the 100%+ "damage proc" plus either a Fire Damage or Critical Damage bump? Seems about right but I should probably roll a bunch and just look out for that secondary skill instead of the primary ones?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, I think I get it now. So I want something like this?

Neither of them seem awesome but I get the 100%+ "damage proc" plus either a Fire Damage or Critical Damage bump? Seems about right but I should probably roll a bunch and just look out for that secondary skill instead of the primary ones?

you could burn through all your 6 obelisks looking for that perfect reroll

I would go with the fire damage/dodge so you could get a huge boost to your 3 and 4 skills

Also, do something with those obelisks. I'm an RPG hoarder. I can finish a JRPG with 99 healing whatevers and 99 resurrects and so on. I always feel like I'm gonna need to use something later. But if something sucks in this game, reroll it and shoot for what you need on a character you want. Doesn't do any good to have that many 6* obelisks sitting there.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 6, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm 100% a hoarder but on the flip side if I wasn't I wouldn't have been able to find a useful obelisk to stick on Jean, right?

I mean, I keep my inventory under 400 most every day so I'm not really hurting for the space. When it starts getting bad and really pressing on my inventory space I'll end up throwing like 20 of them on random people or rerolling some of the lamer ones. But I kind of like having the pool I can sort through when I find out or figure out something like this or go like "I need to give Strange a Web Immunity for Timeline" or "I need to give Wolverine a Stun Immunity for AXB" or something.

But it actually used to be a lot worse and I'm in the middle of trying to clean it up.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

Right now I'm working on Elektra and Cho.

I've been clearing shadowlands stage 1 with elektra for the last couple weeks, she's actually not terrible now. Still needs to be built up a little but she gets the job done.

And Goat yeah, I'd say to slot that dodge / fire damage one, should make a difference.

On obos, I basically keep all the immune to guard break ones at 6* for re-rolling purposes. Everything else I level up then if it doesn't have either invincibility or the damage proc, I feed to one of those ITGB ones. Unless I'm looking for something for a specific character that needs elemental damage, then I'll re-roll something with that instead. In general I'll level up +HP, ignore defence, crit rate / damage / recovery rate in that priority order but if it hits 6* and doesn't get a good proc it gets fed to something else regardless of what the main stat is (except for ITGB). Oh, immune to snare sometimes if it's a combat hero that I might use in ABX -- need to do that for apoc, I guess.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

I'm 100% a hoarder but on the flip side if I wasn't I wouldn't have been able to find a useful obelisk to stick on Jean, right?

I mean, I keep my inventory under 400 most every day so I'm not really hurting for the space. When it starts getting bad and really pressing on my inventory space I'll end up throwing like 20 of them on random people or rerolling some of the lamer ones. But I kind of like having the pool I can sort through when I find out or figure out something like this or go like "I need to give Strange a Web Immunity for Timeline" or "I need to give Wolverine a Stun Immunity for AXB" or something.

But it actually used to be a lot worse and I'm in the middle of trying to clean it up.

I figured it out. You want the damage process obelisk for sure but you are sorely lacking Ignore Defense. If your Jean had close to 50% Ignore Defense (the cap) then you would be wrecking him.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

That's why i asked on two separate occasions for his Jean's ignore def

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I posted it. It was weak and I replaced the obelisk that most of it came from for this new one. I tried to roll a couple of Ignore Defense obelisks and that was the best one I got. I'm also working on cards. I've got a 5* Groot that has 9% Ignore Defense but I'm trying not to make any moves on the cards until I really figure out what I'm doing with them. I want to level that one up to 6* and keep leveling up different cards to see what I can get and revamp my entire card setup. But time.

As best as I can tell there's no Ignore Defense Urus. I guess i could change her Iso set. But like I said, I'm pulling back for awhile while I regain my patience with it and come up with a bigger picture plan. I'll roll some more obelisks looking for Ignore Defense (which I've been doing) and the damage proc. I'll keep on my cards. I'll get there.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

There are Ignore Defense urus! You can farm them on 12-6

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I did not know that. That's helpful. Thanks.

edit: Oh, you know why I don't have any Ignore Defense URUs? Because I was never able to get 12-6 to 3 stars. A project for my new Jean and Quicksilver big guns.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 7, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Thank you all. I ranked up the 5* card I had a 9% ignore defense on and added it to my set. I finished off 12-6 and cleared a bunch to get ignore defense urus, gave Jean 2 on each gear, worked them up to 3*, and enhanced them all to double it. I rolled a bunch of obelisks until I got one that combined a 39% fire damage with a 160% damage proc. I realized I stupidly hadn't leveled up War Wolf's 5 skill so I did that. I had to run a couple of times, try a few different combos of strikers vs dodgers, and it was close but loving finally!

Couldn't have done it without you folks, and now I'm gonna stop whining! At least until I can't get the Witch.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

hell yes

you're the man now dog, congrats

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:unsmith:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Thank you all. I ranked up the 5* card I had a 9% ignore defense on and added it to my set. I finished off 12-6 and cleared a bunch to get ignore defense urus, gave Jean 2 on each gear, worked them up to 3*, and enhanced them all to double it. I rolled a bunch of obelisks until I got one that combined a 39% fire damage with a 160% damage proc. I realized I stupidly hadn't leveled up War Wolf's 5 skill so I did that. I had to run a couple of times, try a few different combos of strikers vs dodgers, and it was close but loving finally!

Couldn't have done it without you folks, and now I'm gonna stop whining! At least until I can't get the Witch.

grats!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
if its any consolation doing cables stage in under 15 seconds is way easier. I took him out in 6 seconds.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Was gonna say just get some 4/5* base ignore def cards (starlord, groot, avengers nebula), but you figured it out on your own like a human being

Grats bud (also not like you couldn't do it now, but if you when you T2 WW you'll def get Witch)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holyshoot posted:

if its any consolation doing cables stage in under 15 seconds is way easier. I took him out in 6 seconds.

I got 21 secs on my first go with Jean and the same basic She Hulk/War Wolf strategy. I'm not worried. I figure Cable and Witch should theoretically go down easier to Jean since they won't have the Speed > Blast advantage Quicksilver had. I got 15 tries before its even an issue to fill the other challenge which gives me two weeks to keep working those cards and urus up. And by then I might have Dormammu or T2 War Wolf or some other T2. So I'm chilled out about it. I was only so stressed and frustrated about the Quicksilver thing because I'd been focused on it for like 2 months and wasn't gaining traction. I felt stuck but you guys gave me the necessary advice about Ignore Defense and "damage proc" that got me over the hump.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Any tryhards here know why all the top AB guys run Ignore Dodge on their Cables?

(Trying to decide on a gear to roll for him)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I got 21 secs on my first go with Jean and the same basic She Hulk/War Wolf strategy. I'm not worried. I figure Cable and Witch should theoretically go down easier to Jean since they won't have the Speed > Blast advantage Quicksilver had. I got 15 tries before its even an issue to fill the other challenge which gives me two weeks to keep working those cards and urus up. And by then I might have Dormammu or T2 War Wolf or some other T2. So I'm chilled out about it. I was only so stressed and frustrated about the Quicksilver thing because I'd been focused on it for like 2 months and wasn't gaining traction. I felt stuck but you guys gave me the necessary advice about Ignore Defense and "damage proc" that got me over the hump.

why are you going for domaru? why not proxima who is an amazing striker or thanos who is just all around good?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I've got a T2 ticket, who would benefit most from the upgrade, Spider-Man 2099 or Fem Ancient One?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

plainswalker75 posted:

I've got a T2 ticket, who would benefit most from the upgrade, Spider-Man 2099 or Fem Ancient One?

Spider-Man 2099 since he’s paywall and this much tougher to naturally T2 than A1.

That being said, if you already have Jean and T2 Coulson, T2 A1 would help you clear more WBU levels.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Stunt Rock posted:

Spider-Man 2099 since he’s paywall and this much tougher to naturally T2 than A1.

That being said, if you already have Jean and T2 Coulson, T2 A1 would help you clear more WBU levels.

I don't have Jean yet unfortunately; I've still got maybe 3 weeks left of upgrading Cyclops' gears and will probably get another T2 ticket in that time. You make a good point about the paywall though, thanks!

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Looking for an Alliance to throw my hat into the ring, who wants to take a risk on a newbie

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Holyshoot posted:

why are you going for domaru? why not proxima who is an amazing striker or thanos who is just all around good?

Dormammu is also an amazing striker and is also just all around good though

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

nerdman42 posted:

Looking for an Alliance to throw my hat into the ring, who wants to take a risk on a newbie

Apply to Marble Hebrons

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Sent, profile name is Nerdman 42

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holyshoot posted:

I have Proxima. Its Thanos or Dormammu. I'm not really sure. I just want more Universal Villains for my Shadowland gambit. I'm even debating the merits of just doing two of the Black Order if they're faster. Its a little away because I want to restock some of my resources and upgrade some regular folks.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Thanos is better these days if you have his new uni, but without that Dormroom is the better choice. I wouldn't get any of the other BO these days over Thanos, as he's just too useful in more modes than they are.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's mostly just that I'm stuck on Floor 21 this week because I need a villain and I used all my big ones on earlier floors. So I want to work up villains who I can use on lower levels so I can save the Magneto's, Enchantress', Lokis, and Proximas for later.

So the question is "If I can work up 2 Black Order easier is it worth having them for early floors over having a Dormammu or Thanos for a later one?"

I'm also working on Sandman (and through him Vulture) and T2ing Mordo (and after that Kaecilius), and I'm probably gonna work on Doc Ock or Hela. I also am trying to save for the Loki and Hela costumes (after Thor) when they go back on sale. And I just T2ed Dark Beast. So its a general villain press.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yellowjacket is a great villain at T2, he solos a variety of high teens/low 20s floors for me, plus he is super easy to farm. His costume is good but not 100% required, it helps him do even more damage/iframes though. I'd assume he can do some stuff at T1 but I have had him at T2 since before SL came out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I got him at 4/20 and with the costume. I don't have much luck with him at T1 (but I haven't really made a concentrated effort with him). He's a definite candidate for T2.

Carnage is another I have. I'm not lacking on effective villains, my pool is just relatively shallow. Which is why I'm thinking that quantity over quality might actually be an effective strtaegy if it means everyone gets bumped up.

I also just need to figure out heroes I can use for waves and rumbles since part of my problem is that Magneto, Proxima, Carnage, and Enchantress are so useful for them when I should be saving some of them for later floor villain requirements. Right now Ancient One, Storm, and Agent Venom are the only lower level heroes (not Strange, Sharon, Wolvie, or Jean) I reliably use on them so I gotta work on that.

It's not a big thing. It's just me gradually climbing the Shadowland ladder as I figure out more tools and tricks. I get the first 15 floors done easily so the rest is just whatever.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
T2 Yellowjacket is definitely good, even without his uni. I haven't used Sandman a lot, but Kraven and Mysterio can handle a lower floor pretty handily at T1. Doc Ock is my go to for Destroyer boss, and Ebony Maw for Ultron rumbles (just make sure his cooldown is at cap).