Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Does togedemaru get a decent steel move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Does togedemaru get a decent steel move?

It already had one: Corkscrew Crash

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Ultra Necrozma (the eyes on the boxart):

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Eox posted:

Here's a decent list of confirmed new moves, rad ones bolded:

Oshawott Sacred Sword

Oshawott gets Sacred Sword and you claim it isn't rad

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oshawott gets Sacred Sword and you claim it isn't rad

Also didn't highlight Extremespeed Zigazagoon (you had to have a decade-old special pokemon from a limited released Gamecube game in the U.S. to get one) and High Horsepower Rapidash, something that should have happened from the get-go.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

finally, Rapidash can have four decent attacking moves and no coverage for its weaknesses, instead of three decent attacking moves and no coverage for its weaknesses

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Not gonna lie, my hype levels are dropping considerably now that I know they added no Alolan forms and wasted the potential of one of the coolest new features in Sun & Moon

The new Ultra Beasts look cool at least

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TFRazorsaw posted:

finally, Rapidash can have four decent attacking moves and no coverage for its weaknesses, instead of three decent attacking moves and no coverage for its weaknesses

Rock's a weakness. What else could it get to cover weaknesses, Wild Charge? Draco Meteor?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, that's right. It's somewhat better against Rock now. That's fairly nice.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

From the story text dump:

quote:

This is the ultimate in scientific progress made manifest! We call it the Beast Ball! Because it's you, I'll sell them to you for a low, low $1,000 apiece. How many would you like?
None

Gonna be swimming in these.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/Siplick/status/928232111479382016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
WHERE'S THE MUSIC

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that lucariomon has the same twitter handle as that lady

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Does anybody know what the name Zeraora stands for?

Naganadel (the new Poison/Dragon) is apparently naga (snake) + nadel (needle)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it seems to mean "sneasel traded while holding an electrilizer"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/928254024196882432

There's a lot of text about a Kantonian gym and badge. I think I see the Thunder Badge in those items.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Lt. Surge goes on holiday.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Apparently Landorus now gets Defog

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Reading up on the text dump, it looks like there is a Surf Pikachu in this.

Looks like it's gotten through beating all of the records in Mantine Surf minigame.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Crawfish posted:

Looks like it's gotten through beating all of the records in Mantine Surf minigame.

Alola Raichu flavor win! Assuming it can evolve.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crawfish posted:

the what?!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

That was in the trailer and official art weeks ago, you had to go out of your way to miss it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a complete pokedex this time

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i call fuckin bullshit if you can only surf on mantine and not pikachu

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Zeraora is pretty brutal:

The Pokédex posted:

It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they’ll be electrocuted by the flying sparks.
It approaches its enemies at the speed of lightning, then tears them limb from limb with its sharp claws.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

its surfing pikachu, not surfboard pikachu

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oxyclean posted:

its surfing pikachu, not surfboard pikachu

cowards!

Also I've seen a few leakers reference 'more wild pokemon'. Any more info there?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Apparently Landorus now gets Defog

The darkest timeline.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

sexpig by night posted:

cowards!

Also I've seen a few leakers reference 'more wild pokemon'. Any more info there?

The new dex has been dumped. Pretty huge expansion overall with a bunch of older pokemon added in. I think its about 100 new ones over the old dex.

Here's a link

https://my.mixtape.moe/cmpjxy.png

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 8, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the nurse joy top and skirt might be enough to make me finally finish the pokedex...maybe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a national pokedex to finish!!!!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Pokedex Update:

I'm calling it done on Moon. I've got 3 more that I can theoretically get, all 3 are item based and it'll just be easier to get the free random item during the Sun play through for 2 of them.

The one I'm having issue with is the item for Sneasel.

Other than that I just need the 1 starter evolution chain and the sun exclusives.

Feels good man.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
The third significant Legendary Pokemon is Dragon yet again. Way to be original Gamefreak.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

The new dex has been dumped. Pretty huge expansion overall with a bunch of older pokemon added in. I think its about 100 new ones over the old dex.

Here's a link

https://my.mixtape.moe/cmpjxy.png

hot diggity drat!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

dungeon cousin posted:

The third significant Legendary Pokemon is Dragon yet again. Way to be original Gamefreak.

5 gens straight now!

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Dragons are cool.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Nth Doctor posted:

From the story text dump:

Gonna be swimming in these.

If you buy 10, you should get a premier beast ball.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

Dragons are cool.

dragons are cool but so is everything else

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

omnibobb posted:

The one I'm having issue with is the item for Sneasel.
Really, you're having issues with the item that only appears as a 5% held item on a 5% encounter :allears:

(seriously, Razor Claw location is low-key one of the most important things that I'm hoping they change in USUM even if it's not a huge deal once you have a Weavile for the 'dex)

(best thing to do is chain them because the final form has a 50% chance to hold one and will start showing up in chains eventually, if you hate yourself enough to do it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Really, you're having issues with the item that only appears as a 5% held item on a 5% encounter :allears:

(seriously, Razor Claw location is low-key one of the most important things that I'm hoping they change in USUM even if it's not a huge deal once you have a Weavile for the 'dex)

(best thing to do is chain them because the final form has a 50% chance to hold one and will start showing up in chains eventually, if you hate yourself enough to do it)

Yeah, I am all up on Bulbepedia, I just haven't put forth the effort for this one yet. It will likely be the last thing I do to complete Sun and Moon.