Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremebuff posted:

it looks terrible. whats there to get

i think it looks fine mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

i've heard of spread eagle, but this................

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Still looks better than the last game’s characters:

I really don’t get why they ditched the character design from the original game, honestly. It was leagues ahead of either sequel.
I'd forgotten how ugly this game is.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd forgotten how ugly this game is.

A lot of the environments are really really pretty and it’s clear that the bulk of the design effort went into them instead of the characters, NPCs, monsters etc

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A lot of the environments are really really pretty and it’s clear that the bulk of the design effort went into them instead of the characters, NPCs, monsters etc
Or combat, enemy placement, quest design,

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I meant visual design but yeah, true

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's insane to me how much of that game consisted of running away from very high level enemies. I shouldn't have to understand the "stealth mechanics" of a goddamn RPG just so I don't get instantly murdered because this quest needs me to run through an area where half the enemies are my level, the other half are thirty higher, and they're all hostile.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insane to me how much of that game consisted of running away from very high level enemies. I shouldn't have to understand the "stealth mechanics" of a goddamn RPG just so I don't get instantly murdered because this quest needs me to run through an area where half the enemies are my level, the other half are thirty higher, and they're all hostile.

they openly talked about how 2 is the same way in the direct, with superbosses just kind of showing up everywhere and being hostile lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

extremebuff posted:

they openly talked about how 2 is the same way in the direct, with superbosses just kind of showing up everywhere and being hostile lol

I’d prefer that to the cakewalk of xenoblade

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i really hope xenoblade 2 is good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

I’d prefer that to the cakewalk of xenoblade
You wouldn't if you played XCX. It wasn't challenging, just very stupid.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

i really hope xenoblade 2 is good

i want a big good RPG on the switch as much as anyone but ermm i dont trust these guys lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You're all going to freak out when they release Legend of Legaia 3 on the Switch and it's the best RPG of the last 15 years.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

As an aside I really hope Prime 4 gets the same Leveled Up Nintendo treatment as BotW and Odyssey and is equally groundbreaking and incredible and not just sort of good like Samus Returns.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

remembering all the horrible dumbass poo poo in XCX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhOdltuazA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The XCX thread was awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The XCX thread was awesome

thinking of bobs posts

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

i want a big good RPG on the switch as much as anyone but ermm i dont trust these guys lol

looking forward to you heavily promoting the game on release :D

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
all jrpgs are bad hth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Stan Taylor posted:

all jrpgs are bad hth

gently caress off human being

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

remembering all the horrible dumbass poo poo in XCX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhOdltuazA

Bob, strapped into a chair and eyes held open, starts screaming as videos of Hollow Knight, lootgames, hosed up roguelites etc. flash on the screen

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I bought the original for wii but never played it. I'm excited about this one. the combat seems similar to ffxv. am I completely off base in thinking that

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I bought the original for wii but never played it. I'm excited about this one. the combat seems similar to ffxv. am I completely off base in thinking that

everything in ffxv seemed a million times more competent than anything monolith soft puts out. theyre genuinely ruinously retarded

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Disaster Day of Crisis is really cool

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know why Nintendo let Monolith make a zillion-dollar budget PS2 game but it rules

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

everything in ffxv seemed a million times more competent than anything monolith soft puts out. theyre genuinely ruinously retarded

but what about baten kaitos

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

gently caress off human being

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're all going to freak out when they release Legend of Legaia 3 on the Switch and it's the best RPG of the last 15 years.

there was a 2????

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

bump_fn posted:

there was a 2????

It was on PS2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

xc1 was really good nd xcx was fine until it wasnt, i'll probably take a chance on 2. i really want a jrpg on switch and i trust monolith soft more than i trust tokyo rpg factory

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

nintendo coaxed a diamond out of a turd factory with mario+rabbids, so theres reason enough to be optimistic i think

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Fungah! posted:

xc1 was really good nd xcx was fine until it wasnt, i'll probably take a chance on 2. i really want a jrpg on switch and i trust monolith soft more than i trust tokyo rpg factory

did you like the octopath demo? hopefully that'll come out sooner than later

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah and it was good, but im guessing march or april at th earliest for octopath and i want something soonish

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
koichi sugiyama's contract stipulates that all non-japanese releases of dragon quest 11 have his soundtrack reproduced in american style ym2612 synthesis for that classic screechy genesis sound

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

koichi sugiyama's contract stipulates that all non-japanese releases of dragon quest 11 have his soundtrack reproduced in american style ym2612 synthesis for that classic screechy genesis sound

Hell, sounds good to me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What’s this? Square Enix hired the luminary composers for Awesome Possum and the Eek the Cat licensed SNES game to remix the music for DQ11. Another win for gamers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol is this real.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yes. Tommy Tallarico has been named president of Square Enix USA and he's invited Adam Sessler, Morgan von Webb, David Wise, all the pederasts at Rare, etc. for a huge party

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yes. Tommy Tallarico has been named president of Square Enix USA and he's invited Adam Sessler, Morgan von Webb, David Wise, all the pederasts at Rare, etc. for a huge party

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lol