Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

It's mostly just that I'm stuck on Floor 21 this week because I need a villain and I used all my big ones on earlier floors. So I want to work up villains who I can use on lower levels so I can save the Magneto's, Enchantress', Lokis, and Proximas for later.

So the question is "If I can work up 2 Black Order easier is it worth having them for early floors over having a Dormammu or Thanos for a later one?"

I'm also working on Sandman (and through him Vulture) and T2ing Mordo (and after that Kaecilius), and I'm probably gonna work on Doc Ock or Hela. I also am trying to save for the Loki and Hela costumes (after Thor) when they go back on sale. And I just T2ed Dark Beast. So its a general villain press.

i think it depends on how quickly you can spin up all those villians. if you can 6* two a week i think you should go for thanos or dormammu, if you can only do one a week or less, i think maybe grab corvus glaive first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Well since Dumbman ran the real Marvel Heroes into the ground, I guess I have to try to this game out to scratch my super hero game itch.

I applied to Marble Hebrons.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Just got my Thor up to Mythic and pulled this bad boy

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Is it worth prioritizing upgrading my lab for a few weeks or however long it takes? I'm currently upgrading Quicksilver as my first (non-strange/wolverine) native T2. He'll be at 5* tomorrow, and I had planned to dump my gold and BAM into Thanos next. But I'm capped on phoenix feathers since my only outlet is Wolverine's ridiculously expensive gear. I need 3,553 more m'kraan crystals to unlock Jean and even with both veiled secret and mutual enemy that is taking a while. I read there is a conversion from feathers to crystals in the Processor.

Anti-Matter Generator Lv. 13
Item Shop Lv. 10
Processor Lv. 11
Warp Device Lv. 4 (is this worth using at all? I guess its tiny amounts of free bios once you don't need the anti-matter to level up the buildings?)

I could use my login T2 tickets on the x-men but I don't have many T2s yet so competition is fierce. I am saving my current one for Valkyrie once I get her 19s up to 20.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, you want the Processor for that Feathers-to-Crystals conversion. Its pretty huge for ranking up the mutants and making the most of your resources. And there's plenty of other useful stuff you can grab in there for when you need it. The New Convertor is a really valuable tool for managing resources.

Get the Generator up ASAP, IMO. The AntiMatter is essential not only for the rest of the lab stuff but for ranking up character's gear. You want that coming in as much as you can.

Store's ok if you're willing to spend gold for stuff you can get elsewhere. I buy Experience Chips to rank up characters. I used to buy Dimension Debris before the new Dimension Shifts clears made them easier to do. I used to buy 3-4* Isos and Gear before Specials got easier too. But they're all something you can get without the gold so its a matter of priorities.

Warp's not worth it. You're better off playing World Boss Invasions for much better bio returns.

Don't use your T2 tickets on the X-Men. They're pretty easy to T2 naturally once you get that Feathers/Crystals flow going. Just prioritize doing your 10 clears on each of them daily and you'll have their bios quicker than you have the Feathers/Crystals. And you can use the Convertor to turn your excess Feathers into Crystals and you'll get them (and Jean) in no time.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 8, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Leveling up that antimatter generator is also critical for getting regular norn stones, if you're pushing to fully master the whole roster.

You'll eventually get to a point where you'll have like 10k purple norn stones, no combat stones and probably a dozen combat characters left to master. And yay the processor converts purple to red. The only bottleneck is the antimatter generation.

The recent lab changes are really, really good.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I basically always use my norn from Shadowlands for Combat.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Thanks both, I'll dump gold into the lab for a while to look at the longer game. I need to get better at doing the two coop modes for gold and bios too.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I had been using the converter to dump excess phoenix feathers since its not high enough to trade for crystals yet. But by doing that I actually ran through my guks so now I am struggling to get enough guks to keep my roster gear upgraded, and most if not everything in the Processor requires guks too. Seems there is a running joke that guk crate rewards are garbage cause people have so many of them, not sure if I am in a weird place or just missing something obvious as too why my supply is so low. For the record I do 5-6 sets of story missions a day, all the epic quests missions and daily rifts to 3 completion, basically I do everything available in the Status Board each day plus tracking/story. Might just be that I hit a spot where I have been getting a bunch of 6* over the past few weeks and upgrading them so I can push Shadowlands floors.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm always fighting the shortage of Combat stones and I have a ton of Universal I'll probably never use. I've converted a few but I'm mostly caught up with my 6* Combat right now. I use my Shadowland selectors on them and World Boss Invasion to try and keep up. But the Processor is valuable there.

Really, the Processor basically lets you get any resource for the cost of something so its kind of invaluable. It might not be right now, but at some point you're need something, be frustrated with how hard it is to get, and the solution will be the Processor.

And yeah, its night and day from what it was like a few months ago. It was trash before the total overhaul with the big recent update.

Speaking of updates I'm really hoping tonight's "small" one fixes all the problems I've been having with PvP. Ever since the last update I've had a hell of a time trying to connect to stuff, especially Invasion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Thanks both, I'll dump gold into the lab for a while to look at the longer game. I need to get better at doing the two coop modes for gold and bios too.

Trick to Co-Op IMO is to rank your roster up to 4*/50. The more characters you have there the bigger your prizes will be in CoOp. On a good day you can grab a few million in gold even with just the one slot open.

Fried Sushi posted:

I had been using the converter to dump excess phoenix feathers since its not high enough to trade for crystals yet. But by doing that I actually ran through my guks so now I am struggling to get enough guks to keep my roster gear upgraded, and most if not everything in the Processor requires guks too. Seems there is a running joke that guk crate rewards are garbage cause people have so many of them, not sure if I am in a weird place or just missing something obvious as too why my supply is so low. For the record I do 5-6 sets of story missions a day, all the epic quests missions and daily rifts to 3 completion, basically I do everything available in the Status Board each day plus tracking/story. Might just be that I hit a spot where I have been getting a bunch of 6* over the past few weeks and upgrading them so I can push Shadowlands floors.

I did the same thing when the Convertor first got updated. I just kind of went crazy and ended up using all my gear kits. It surprised me. I spent a couple of weeks buying it from the store and not using any and eventually built back up a stash that I haven't come close to clearing out since. But yeah, they can burn out quick if you go crazy converting stuff or are gearing up a lot of characters at once (which I was also doing).

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 8, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Fried Sushi posted:

But by doing that I actually ran through my guks so now I am struggling to get enough guks to keep my roster gear upgraded, and most if not everything in the Processor requires guks too. Seems there is a running joke that guk crate rewards are garbage cause people have so many of them, not sure if I am in a weird place or just missing something obvious as too why my supply is so low.

I never understood this either. I have no idea what I did differently, or if it's something related to players on the uphill climb just starting out. I've been playing a long time though. Currently sitting on about 170k guks.

I do a LOT of WBI though, and those really pile em on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you just burn through them when you're gearing up a lot of people. Veteran players probably have most of that done already so they're just collecting them. But if you have a bunch of heroes you whose gear you want to take from 1 to 20 all at once you can burn right through them real quick. And then the new convertor can burn through them real fast too if you hit a couple of the 10s without really paying attention.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Incredibly jealous of the 5/5.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm basically always low on GuKs. It just depends on if you're trying to 420 everyone or if you leave most people at +5. Just doing from 5 to 15 takes something like 2K, then if you're shooting for 420 it's even more. Even a large reserve can go down the tube pretty quickly if you decide to go wide. Then of course at some point you DO have everyone at 420 and you start building them up forever again. I run out of guks more than I do debris at this point, but that's because I've been doing full rift runs every day and I didn't always.

:siren: Somebody tell me who to T2! I have plenty, and I wanna burn two of these tickets. I have:

Universal: Black Bolt, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Groot, Hela, Loki, Santana, Singularity, Thor
Combat: Beast, Carny, IF, MK, Red hulk, She Hulk, Sif, Warwolf, Venom
Speed: Rogue, Widow, Elsa, Gwenpool, Kate, Kamala, Spooderman, Mary poppins
Blast: Cyke, Magnetman, Storm, Sharon, Mantis, Coulson, Songbird, Wasp

Ebony Maw and BD are at 1*, have all the other native T2's but apoc.

Nico I have 150 bios banked for but will probably just wait on until she gets good again when the show comes out. Vulture (also with uni) I have 420'ed and will have 150 in not too long.

also because i feel defensive about this I'm only VIP 3 I just play this game a lot. :smith:

my sharon has 5/5 enhanced on every gear slot. :smug:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Wait you have T1 Carnage? That seems like the easy choice right there.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

oh no I meant those are all the T2's I already have. Open field on anyone else but paywalls, not everyone is 420 but I have some selectors backed up. Might do cap and grab his uni when the sale happens in a couple days? According to the ~tier list~ in the OP he's good. Maybe YJ.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Normal Hulk is pretty good now with the new uni, feels stronger than most other combats besides Wolvie.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

So the question is "If I can work up 2 Black Order easier is it worth having them for early floors over having a Dormammu or Thanos for a later one?"

FWIW uniformed Thanos is about... 10x more useful than Dorm for SL if that's one of your active investment goals.

As for the question, 2 BO will get you 2 early floors, but in the new SL meta, floors 25-30 are REALLY tough and require you to save literally your best duders.

So yeah, 2 BO will get you there faster but you still need Thanos eventually to finish.

(I have every character in the game 6* barring some randos and I still only have a 1* Maw/BD/SG, I have the mats to build them out if I wish but they're just not as strong in the current meta as they used to be, considering you have characters like Vulture that are straight better w/o the BO mat investment)

EDIT: oh jeez I missed a whole page, nm

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

:siren: Somebody tell me who to T2! I have plenty, and I wanna burn two of these tickets. I have:

Universal: Black Bolt, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Groot, Hela, Loki, Santana, Singularity, Thor
Combat: Beast, Carny, IF, MK, Red hulk, She Hulk, Sif, Warwolf, Venom
Speed: Rogue, Widow, Elsa, Gwenpool, Kate, Kamala, Spooderman, Mary poppins
Blast: Cyke, Magnetman, Storm, Sharon, Mantis, Coulson, Songbird, Wasp

As far as just 'good dudes' goes Spiderman should get a T2, after that tie between maybe... Magneto/Loki/Carnage?

On the other hand, you're still missing the WW/Coulson utility characters? You could just do that, though I guess Coulson isn't necessary if you have Valk

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Those are the T2's I have already. I think I decided to sit on them for a bit, at least until Black Friday. I'd do Hulk + Cap except I need unis for both of them to make them good and I don't want to spend crystals right now. :shrug:

Also vaguely considering Destroyer but I also need his uni. This is mostly because he shows up a lot in AC and can be annoying, and turning someone into a speedbump in AC is about all I'm T2ing people for anyway I guess. I finished SL with like half of my T2's unused this week -- I still do up to stage 15 or so with all T1's.

I might just T2 Nebula out of spite.

E: I know this is the MFF equivalent of a first world problem I have here.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 9, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Those are the T2's I have already.

In order of goodness: 2099/Agent Venom, Enchantress, Ironheart, Kid Kaiju, Robbie Reyes?

I'm just looking at T2's I have that I like that aren't on your list

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

well dang, this new event owns

that's a lot of bio food for native T2s every day

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Oh, I hadn't realized there was an actual thread specifically for the game. Well, now don't I look like an idiot.

I think I'm gonna use the event to get Punisher to 6*, and maybe I'll also see about getting WS up there a bit.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 11, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was looking to work Punisher up anyway to tag team with Moon Knight for Shadowland, so his inclusion is convenient. I'll throw the rest on War Machine and Hawkeye since they're the only other two I don't have up to 4/20 already. Maybe I'll use it on them, maybe on a T2. But its what, 700 bios? That's pretty drat good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Does the Marvel Now Captain America costume turn him into a Hydra villain? I'm thinking of grabbing that while its on sale to beef up my villain ranks.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Applied to Doctor Goons as Sdoots SA. Guess I got kicked from Marble Hebrons during my two year absence.

loving absurd, imo.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Does the Marvel Now Captain America costume turn him into a Hydra villain? I'm thinking of grabbing that while its on sale to beef up my villain ranks.

Sadly, no

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

If you can hold out for another two weeks, Black Friday sales last year had the uniforms drop to like 700 crystals I think?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I am starting to get daily quests asking for Alliance battles. Can I get into a 3ll1t3 SA alliance. My online name is The Question IRL.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
If I have 5 "Increase damage to super villains" strikers (and am fighting a super villain), is there any reason not to use all 5? I'm guessing since it's a flat damage increase, there's no caps to worry about?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

If I have 5 "Increase damage to super villains" strikers (and am fighting a super villain), is there any reason not to use all 5? I'm guessing since it's a flat damage increase, there's no caps to worry about?

No reason except for those of us with full rosters there are a lot of strikers whose striker damage outweighs the +% you're giving the character you're playing, depending on how strong that character is, etc.

I.e. in the end-game meta, most of us just put our On Attack super powerful native T2s with max costumes as strikers, I don't really pay attention to the bonus too much since fights take like, 10 seconds

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not that built up but I just run a cycle of Strange-Rogers-Phoenix-Magneto-Wolverine that clear everyone except maybe iThanos with no problem (a minute or less). I only really need to worry about the ally team when I have to beat a quest like that 15 second one and then I just try different combinations and see what works best.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

I am starting to get daily quests asking for Alliance battles. Can I get into a 3ll1t3 SA alliance. My online name is The Question IRL.

You have to apply to one so we's can let you in. Alliances can't send out invites directly. Goonlactus has room if you want.

How're people's Thor uniforms doing? I've taken him on every mission since that update dropped and I just got to legendary. Spent today's 300 selector on him because you need 480 bios to mythic it, good grief.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Welp, I hadn't realized that strikers' damage increased as the leveled up etc., thanks!

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah with strikes the question is sometimes 'is the bonus better than the damage they'll deal?' Like, take Proxima -- her striker bonus is movement speed which is basically useless, but if she comes out and does her 6* it can do like 1/3 of the bosses life in one go (assuming you've built her out.) This is a reason to focus on +damage obelisks and getting the weapon slot to level 20 on strikers you use a lot ASAP, for what it's worth. Also this is why on-attack strikers are almost always better than on-hit, because you should be hitting the boss more than they're hitting you. And if you want to get really fiddly Supergiant is better than Prox because people do a random attack when the come out, so SG has a better chance of doing her 6* because she has a summon and a buff that she'll never do when striking but prox might do any of her skills.

Then end-game with WBU and stuff it's generally more important to give Jean an extra 10% damage than have a striker because Jean does so much more damage than anyone else regardless. I think. I haven't done the math, I just have better luck when I stack damage and fire damage than high-damage strikers.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

How're people's Thor uniforms doing? I've taken him on every mission since that update dropped and I just got to legendary. Spent today's 300 selector on him because you need 480 bios to mythic it, good grief.

I used the SL uni tickets on Thor, then I used my quest pack mega on Loki and collected my riches from cinematic mode

Hoarding rules

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

Mythic'd Thor, Loki, and Hulk now. Used a 5/6* ticket from SL to finish Hulk, but the rest I did the hard way. I had a 300ish Thor and Loki bios saved as I was expected new unis so that helped some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I'm still sitting on my mega uni ticket from the quest, in case they drop an incredible uni for a paywall or Nico or something. Or maybe I'll just never use it because I am afraid of commitment. The SL ones I used on Loki because I didn't want to think about trying to farm like 800 of his bios to do it naturally.