Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Al! posted:

logging is like one of the deadliest businesses to be in to this day

my father in law got major back surgery a couple of years ago and the last day he was in the hospital they life-flighted a guy in from the middle of loving nowhere (like, literally more than an hour away from the nearest podunk hospital, and four hours out from Tulsa) after he had badly mishandled a chainsaw while on a logging job - he was apparently trying to cut a log or branch that was above him, dropped the chainsaw, and it basically half-cut-off his arm at an extreme angle, like it entered the arm just below the wrist and shredded his entire forearm and part of his upper arm too

apparently they tied a belt off on his arm, drove an hour at extreme speed to podunk hospital, then put him on a chopper which took like another goddamn hour to get to Tulsa

he survived but there's no fuckin' way he is ever using that arm again, lol, they hadn't amputated it yet by the time we left but from what we heard about the injury and what we grasped from overhearing the doctors entering the room he was sharing with my FIL, if he kept the arm he'd have been extremely lucky if he could even wiggle his fingers after that, the sheer damage a chainsaw can do to a limb is pretty much impossible to repair or recover from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The LePage poo poo makes me mad.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Trump was an up-or-down "not a horrible trash human being" check and anyone who failed it should be purged from the Earth

ok I feel like I'm taking crazy pills now

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

im pretty sure the only way 2 get a probation in cspam is to either hail satan or not hail satan

yeah hillary discussion gets old fast

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

I think the more interesting governance question in VA right now is what the surviving suburban R's do.

I'll give you 1:5 on "double down" and even that's a gift

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

These people are broken

I can't understand who would think Obama would do nothing. Is this just some blanket 'lol black people don't do anything' racist poo poo?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Schnorkles posted:

I am hung over as poo poo :peanut:

But the victory wine was oh so sweet

Congratulations. I was wrong to doubt you. :tipshat:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

quote:

Not even Trump, though, can stop what’s coming, he added. “Just looking around, and putting two and two together, a little bit of business savvy, a little bit of street savvy, a little common sense, a little bit of education, you kind of deduct different things,” he told me. “I think we’re going to see the end of the world in our generation.”

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

These people are broken

lmao TRump

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Beet Wagon posted:

that seems like so much extra work to go through to chainsaw a guy

no dude thats where people come from

we're all tree fetuses at one point

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Webbeh posted:

I can't understand who would think Obama would do nothing. Is this just some blanket 'lol black people don't do anything' racist poo poo?

yea, mostly

if he had an R next to his name that'd be another story

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Al! posted:

they're giant inverted lungs op

... :prepop:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

These people are broken

its working golf, he meets with people there okay :o:

zegermans posted:

they're just poor and misunderstood :qq:

you are a conflating overgeneralizing moron who keeps lusting for all rural death like a genocidal maniac to shoehorn lovely inorganic jokes shut the gently caress up

Serf
May 5, 2011

These people are broken

the old are a lost cause. the kids are great tho

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i will never stop doubting you schnorkles

post the map

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Beet Wagon posted:

When I was in EMT school about a thousand years ago one of our instructors had been a paramedic at Kennedy Space Center and told us a story about having to have a five minute argument with his supervising physician about why he wasn't going to do CPR and stabilization on a lady who got decapitated so hard they had to look behind a bunch of machinery to find her head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wx3Ryjcmtk

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Naerasa posted:

Man I grew up in the Philly burbs, I've never even seen a chainsaw. Hell, I've never seen a tree!

like half this thread is philly or philly burbs i think

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

prefect posted:

Congratulations. I was wrong to doubt you. :tipshat:

tbh, i was wrong too. I thought it was a 4 point race and dems would pick up 5-7 seats in the house of delegates.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zegermans posted:

ok I feel like I'm taking crazy pills now

shut up zegermans

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Taking the world down with them is the ultimate Baby Boomer move

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

I think the more interesting governance question in VA right now is what the surviving suburban R's do.

announce they aren't running again maybe lol

I wonder how Congress responds to this

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Webbeh posted:

Basically, yes.

I heard so many times when Obama went on these trips, like Donnie is currently on, that it was because he wanted to go on vacation on our dime.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

zegermans posted:

you should understand rurals are the enemy you face. Aunt Bessie with her delicious cookeis? Voted Trump. Cousin Duane who fixes your breaks for free and always has a spare beer? Voted Trump. Uncle Billy who's always offloading summer sausage for free? Voted Trump. Old Man Fergus who's always on his porch and waves during your morning commute? Voted Trump. The enemy is among you and you let their smile distract you from the fact that their vote is a spectre slowly sneaking its knife behind you.

:colbert: I do not work in sausage or sausage making accessories.

And its Uncle Dad to you.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

I'll give you 1:5 on "double down" and even that's a gift

that's not a tenable position to take. Hugo (suburban R in VA) is gonna survive because he has the backing of the local teacher's union.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

sloppo posted:

no dude thats where people come from

we're all tree fetuses at one point

:aaaaa: it all makes sense now, that's why there's so many goddamn people in Portland Oregon.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Comstock is so toast in 2018 lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i figured that one out ON WEED!!!!!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

Run screaming from Trump because they survived by the strength of gerrymandering and it might not work next time.

Or triple down on Trump maybe? IDK. I know that after the statewide numbers last night no one who's running in a statewide contest in VA is going to get in without motherfucking Donald Trump to his face.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

retirements are gonna keep speeding up i think

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
luv 2 live on hell planet covered in tree lungs

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

that's not a tenable position to take.

Oh word?

Serf
May 5, 2011

i've seen some people come out the other end of the fox news 24/7 pipeline and be okay, but gently caress it is rare

rurals have been sold conservative ideology for decades, and that poo poo is effective af

contrast to 80 years ago when us rurals were clamoring for communism

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

These people are broken

sorta

they've been programmed by right wing media

programming people works
propaganda WORKS
it's that loving simple
feed them the information you want them to think is the truth, and it becomes THEIR truth

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

luv 2 live on hell planet covered in tree lungs

the trees are killing us all slowly with oxygen and outlive us all

they're winning the long game so hard

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Epic High Five posted:

resignations and denouncements of trump from swing district Rs

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Naerasa posted:

Man I grew up in the Philly burbs, I've never even seen a chainsaw. Hell, I've never seen a tree!

If someone says they grew up in South Philly and don't know what a tree is I'd absolutely believe them

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Taking the world down with them is the ultimate Baby Boomer move

They literally need the close-at-hand destruction of all human kind to justify their political opinions.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

In the rurals, sure.

Last night just proved there is no such thing as a GOP floor with college educated whites and there's a huge enthusiasm gap and people kept their jobs with gerrymandering which is gonna be gone the next time they're up for election and they know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/927843442457276417

This video is good, but it could have been better if it ended with a solid punch and then firebombing the conference center.

"This isn't where you're from, this isn't your home" --a white dude, to a black dude, both of them in North America

Richard Spencer really is just a loving idiot.

• Locked thread