Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm not mad at it. I just don't think it's a good introduction/particularly interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
No Okita, but got Poster girl, EMIYA to NP2, as well as a Heracles along with miscellaneous 3 stars.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's definitely a strange event if fgo is one of your first installments in the series and/or if you expect it to explain itself,, it's all humor that builds off type moon fandom and fateverse lore, based off gag comics that almost entirely ignore the fourth wall

and then to not understand the jokes about sengoku period on top of it leaves you out to dry, pretty much

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm not mad at it. I just don't think it's a good introduction/particularly interesting.

It's fine. Everyone likes different kinds of humor. Yours just doesn't fit with Keikenchi's.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Space Flower posted:

it's definitely a strange event if fgo is one of your first installments in the series and/or if you expect it to explain itself,, it's all humor that builds off type moon fandom and fateverse lore, based off gag comics that almost entirely ignore the fourth wall

and then to not understand the jokes about sengoku period on top of it leaves you out to dry, pretty much

i had a genuine chuckle when the 'a girl? oh? is that so.' or w/e dialogue box popped up

also when bad nobbu did according to keikaku

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It can't be helped.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

They've definitely been doing better and been having more fun with the translation compared to the earlier singularities.

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

Today was a good day

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

So I managed to get Okita (though it took... several draws) and I've been following the posted guide for the event, but how do you actually get this weird version of Nobunaga permanently? Just get a bunch of event points?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Cu Chulainn posted:

Today was a good day
How many golden apples out of interest?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Jack Van Burace posted:

So I managed to get Okita (though it took... several draws) and I've been following the posted guide for the event, but how do you actually get this weird version of Nobunaga permanently? Just get a bunch of event points?

Yep, she'll become permanent at 100,000 event points which should only take a few days at most.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also do the once-per-day missions for points eventually give you, not to put too fine a point on it, more points? I did the first one today and even at +270% or so I only got barely more than the basic missions.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nobu is on the honnouji point board 5 times, for acquisition and additional NP levels.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pierson posted:

Also do the once-per-day missions for points eventually give you, not to put too fine a point on it, more points? I did the first one today and even at +270% or so I only got a few thousand.

They ramp up, yes. Every day will give more points until the last with a base of 40,000. Adding them up, I believe they collectively give a base gain of about 230,000 points.

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 8, 2017

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

Pierson posted:

How many golden apples out of interest?

Around 8 or so, and a metric ton of saved up Archer XP cards

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh god, look at them waving their doofy little arms around. This is a very silly event and it's good. :3:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Yisssssssss

I just cleared some room on my friends list if anyone wants to hop on the Tuberculosis Train:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I'm still leveling up my Okita before I feel comfortable shoving her into my Saber support.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm still leveling up my Okita before I feel comfortable shoving her into my Saber support.

No one that wants the bonus cares. make that money

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

gently caress that, if you can get here even to like 20 or 30 and slap an event CE on her you should get tons of summons. Worst case people will take her just to shove her in the last slot and still get that +100% points. Worry about her actually being useful in a fight after the event ends.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
very weird that they don't have any ce that increases drops in the store

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Dj Meow Mix posted:

No one that wants the bonus cares. make that money

Yeah I just did it anyway and noticed I had a second GudaGuda Order so I was able to slap that on EMIYA. Never having 5* characters till recently made me have to really crunch to get everything to fit within my point limit. 85/86 with most of my characters with CEs so I think I did alright.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 8, 2017

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'm a little bummed out that an event for new players started up only a few weeks after I started playing. I'm almost tempted to reroll to get the quartz but I'd lose 1) Caster Liz 2) Limit Broken Halloween Princess 3) Herc/Marie/Tamacat/NP2 Lancelot. I'm thinking that might be a bit too much to lose, even if I reroll to get Herc again, right? Also I'm basically at the end of Okeanos so I don't really have any story quartz left to pull either.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

good catalyst

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Approximately 250$ + saved stockpile but no Okita. :(

I have turned into a pile a salt and secrets.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I already added some people from this thread, but I have some more open spots on my friends list now. Normally Jeanne is in the first spot of my setup, but I switched her out with Okita for now - switching out my grailed Saber Alter didnt feel right. Plus, at this point I think people probably have far more Jeannes than Saber Alters on their friends list :v:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

LightningSquid posted:

I'm a little bummed out that an event for new players started up only a few weeks after I started playing. I'm almost tempted to reroll to get the quartz but I'd lose 1) Caster Liz 2) Limit Broken Halloween Princess 3) Herc/Marie/Tamacat/NP2 Lancelot. I'm thinking that might be a bit too much to lose, even if I reroll to get Herc again, right? Also I'm basically at the end of Okeanos so I don't really have any story quartz left to pull either.

The start dash campaign is not new; it was running when you started and you already got all the bonuses from it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You only need 100k points a day to max out all the rewards from points.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

LightningSquid posted:

I literally have less than you after starting earlier. There are better times to reroll unless you really want Okita.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Retcon posted:

I already added some people from this thread, but I have some more open spots on my friends list now. Normally Jeanne is in the first spot of my setup, but I switched her out with Okita for now - switching out my grailed Saber Alter didnt feel right. Plus, at this point I think people probably have far more Jeannes than Saber Alters on their friends list :v:

You do not have any open spots on your friends list :(

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

You do not have any open spots on your friends list :(
That's weird, it's telling me that I have 7 spots left. I did have a lots of pending friend requests that had piled up. It might work now that I got rid of them, otherwise I have no idea what's going on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I apparently massively hosed up and only got 33k on the 1 ap missions.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Party cost is actually a huge problem in this event. I can only really manage about three Poster Girl CEs with a level 1 Benkei shoved into the back. I might have to make some sacrifices when grinding the 40AP when it comes to point bonuses from Servants.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Retcon posted:

That's weird, it's telling me that I have 7 spots left. I did have a lots of pending friend requests that had piled up. It might work now that I got rid of them, otherwise I have no idea what's going on.

Sent you a request

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I glanced over the comics before this event, but wasn't expecting SD-Odas to actually be enemies, so that was cool. Not sure how I feel about giant SD-Odas, though.

I already spent a bunch of quartz trying and failing to get Tamamo last event, and the blood-coughing isn't enough of an endearing quirk to me, so not spending any quartz trying to get this Saber. Did use a few tickets, but got nothing interesting. No extra event CEs this time to help farming, so guess I'll be doing that off-and-on most of the time.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

I apparently massively hosed up and only got 33k on the 1 ap missions.

Are you confusing the 5AP main quests with the 1AP limited quests? Because there has only been one limited quest so far and I'm pretty sure it's not possible to get 33k points from it no matter how many bonuses you have.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Think I'm going to need to switch my party comp a bit for grinding Gold materials. Points can come once I've gotten the CEs, but to get them I need to get a lot more drops than I can with not poster girls of my own. Hope someone has an EMIYA with poster girl equipped on my friends list.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Are you confusing the 5AP main quests with the 1AP limited quests? Because there has only been one limited quest so far and I'm pretty sure it's not possible to get 33k points from it no matter how many bonuses you have.

The limited 1 AP quest. It said I got 33k Honoji points, which someone said I should get close to half a million per each if my party is Okita+Nobu+filled with bonus units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Not sure if this JT person that sent me a friend request is from this thread. If that person is one of you, let me know so I don't delete your request.

Ohtsam posted:

Sent you a request
And accepted, seems like it works now. :)