Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Thought it was 35 for some reason

So uh how y'all doin

Ahah poo poo oops sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm tempted to reinstall LoL to see how much blue essence I got, but I think I would become horrible depressed at the amount of unspent RP instead.

Why would this be depressing?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

misguided rage posted:

Minion disintegrator (or whatever it's called) on Lux seems to help a lot with avoiding the Lux zone where you can't one-shot ranged creeps, but I was also doing well so maybe I was just ahead of the curve already.

Yeah, I think that's 100% mandatory on mid Lux now. It's the only way you can keep up with modern midlaners in clearing power.

Support Lux is still strong as poo poo, and perhaps even a little stronger. Aery helps to compensate a lot for the weak first hit of your shield, and it + Scorch + Cheap Shot is downright nasty in lane. Zombie Wards might be a bit too busted; I expect to see the duration toned down. Karma is loving busted with the aforementioned runes + Ultimate Hat. You can R -> Q as soon as the game starts and have it up in time for lane, meaning you can only have a piddly 20% CDR or so by midgame and still have a Mantra that's gonna cooldown in 15-20s depending on how many autos/Qs you're getting out.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 8, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Rygar201 posted:

Why would this be depressing?

I don't see myself actually coming back to the game. I'm at a point where a long laning phase bores the hell out of me (and this is coming from someone who used to play top-lane frequently). All that RP will be funbucks that shall never provide fun.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
BUFF MORGANA PLSU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Laning phase is a social construct

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

why dont you "does ap mage go in jungle/support" cowards just learn to loving lane and stop ruining bot lane and also everything else for the rest of us

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what are you, an adc player

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I look forward to one day getting 1000 ap on suppot Veigar.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

bottom lane is such a wasteland most of the time id rather lane with some stupid poo poo like veigar than thresh or a lot of real supports

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Playing ADC is so much fun, but sometimes the actual laning phase sucks poo poo for extended periods of time. :smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont explicitly mind laning with yet another useless damage support but people who go "well i dont have the mechanics to lane, but what if i took those lack of mechanics and used them to be loving bad in the bot lane" are not my cup of tea AND YET that thought process seems to go on quite often

if you dont play mid because you arent mechanically skilled enough why would you just pick that mid and go suck at support with it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
edit: I'm a dummy, the rune editing is in "collection" for some reason

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

d0grent posted:

Welp, as expected, kleptomancy makes GP completely immovable from lane. Add gathering storm on top of that, and he's one giant overpowered stall-fest.

Gathering storm doesnt really come online before most games are already decided.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Can you not edit runes outside of champ select? Seems like a bizarre oversight unless I'm just missing the part of the UI

Collection > Runes, just like before. The client may be temporarily broken though.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

kingcobweb posted:

Can you not edit runes outside of champ select? Seems like a bizarre oversight unless I'm just missing the part of the UI

You are missing it, it's under the collection tab, same place they were before

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

rabidsquid posted:

i dont explicitly mind laning with yet another useless damage support but people who go "well i dont have the mechanics to lane, but what if i took those lack of mechanics and used them to be loving bad in the bot lane" are not my cup of tea AND YET that thought process seems to go on quite often

if you dont play mid because you arent mechanically skilled enough why would you just pick that mid and go suck at support with it

what if you can mid but you just want to play poke simulator

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

no idea, never met a competent person attempting to do this

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Then play Mid?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Looking at the premade runepages, I am literally never gonna use either of these, excepting if the client bugs out to not let me select something else in time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

rabidsquid posted:

So you never had a brand/vel koz/zyra sup or what

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Then play Mid?

Ah, but that's poke and farm simulator!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

So you never had a brand/vel koz/zyra sup or what

i already covered this, thank you for your time

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Did a Leona game as my first with the new runes.

Aftershock seems insanely good. It's almost exactly the same effect as her W, so now you just get it twice. I was concerned that going for purely all-in runes would make me not as useful late, but that didn't happen.

I went Domination as my secondary, wasn't in love with it. Zombie Ward isn't as useful as I thought it would be, because killing like 5 wards in a game is normal. Also, you only get the zombie on your own wards if they time out; if your wards are timing out as a support, you're probably in bronze.

Not sure whether I want to do Sorcery -> Ultimate Hat / Celerity, or Inspiration -> Magical Footwear / Cosmic Insight.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Damage supports are in fact, very good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I would rather not lane at all tbqh.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Got three Star Guardian skins, and a Surprise Party Amumu I turned rainbow with chromas. Guess I'll just fill out my chroma collection, they've actually gotten pretty legit, I didn't realize till just now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i really want to buy that sandstone lulu chroma

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

come on now. you have not really "met" me in a physics sense but this is clearly hyperbolic

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm expecting lethal tempo will within the next patch have a version for ranged characters that is half as good and it makes me wonder what they were thinking with how many skills they split into melee/ranged versions but didn't do it for a keystone that gives more attack speed then a recurve bow at level 1.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the overgrowth minor rune seemed good until i saw the numbers. you have to be in range for 400 minion deaths to hit +10% health, which definitely won't happen before like the thirty minute mark

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So does "killstealing" actually matter or is it just the usual "gently caress you I'm the carry I should get all the kills" bullshit from mobas and safe to ignore?

Cause people seem to get really mad when I come to gank and attack the enemy till they're dead.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my early take that every single champ who is busted when their numbers too high will be way too good for a very long time

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
How do I play botlane Mordekaiser now.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Elman posted:

So does "killstealing" actually matter or is it just the usual "gently caress you I'm the carry I should get all the kills" bullshit from mobas and safe to ignore?

Cause people seem to get really mad when I come to gank and attack the enemy till they're dead.

I think those people should get better if they couldn't kill the enemy first.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

They're dumb, just kill the dudes

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
When's the season 7 thread

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Elman posted:

Ignore them unless they are playing Draven.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

When's the season 7 thread

This is the Season 7 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

definitely dont concern yourself with kill stealing but also dont be like my friend who flash zenith blade ignited a 10 hp target who was in auto range of someone else because "i just wanted the assist"

• Locked thread