Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/WhitlockAcademy/status/928349096364118017

This is amazing. It's coming up at $35 instead of $20, but if it goes back down I'm buying a few.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fox is hiring Gorka as a national security pundit.

A Hungarian neo-Nazi with bogus credentials on Fox News. Sounds about right.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

The Dragon of Budapest is not to be trifled with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdINAnBf0U

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Casimir Radon posted:

He was Deputy Assistant to the President of the United States of America, of course he's qualified. They don't just give anyone that job.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wow what the gently caress.

McNally posted:

$1.7 trillion dollar deficit and Congress can't find the money to get rid of the DIC offset or the VA disability offset.

Support are troops*

*unless it costs money

What are the DIC offset and the VA offset? I’m pretty unplugged from stuff these days so go slow and cover everything.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Wow what the gently caress.

What are the DIC offset and the VA offset? I’m pretty unplugged from stuff these days so go slow and cover everything.

The VA offset is easy to explain: If you're a retiree, the amount of your VA disability check is deducted from your retirement check every month. They recently changed it so that if you're more than 40% disabled due to combat injuries, you get both, but if you have 30% disabled knees because you were in the infantry your whole career, that VA disability gets deducted from your Army check.

The DIC offset affects surviving spouses and is called the "widow's tax" by the VSOs and Gold Star spouse organizations working to get it repealed. There's a military benefit called the Survivor Benefit Plan. Retirees pay into it so that when they pass, their surviving spouse gets an annuity (retirement pay ends when the veteran dies otherwise). It's also granted to the surviving spouse of a service member who dies in the line of duty. There's also a VA plan called Dependency Indemnity Compensation. If a veteran dies due to a service-connected condition, or a service member dies in the line of duty, their surviving spouse gets DIC. Now, here's the rub: For every dollar in DIC you receive, a dollar is deducted from SBP. Even if you paid into it. And DIC is often more than SBP, so as a result a lot of surviving spouses (including myself) get $0 SBP, even if they paid into it.

Congress authorized a Special Survivor Indemnity Allowance for surviving spouses affected by the DIC offset, but it has to be renewed periodically (I think it was just made permanent? Or at least it was proposed to be made permanent) and it's only a fraction of what you'd otherwise be getting (in my case, it's about a quarter of what SBP would be) in recognition that this poo poo ain't right, but they don't want to actually fix it.

McNally fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 9, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Please do not go after my large adult son.

I don't know what I'll do if you go after my large adult son.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politics/michael-flynn-son-special-counsel-russia-investigation/index.html

Wouldn't anyone stop this man from going after my large adult son?

(sorry shim)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah, I saw one that tall at boot. Smokin' loving hot miniature sailor.

I remember the first thing out of my mouth when I met her was "Isn't there a height requirement". She responded with a hella elfy little "Waiver!".

Heh this might have been on of my friends in high school

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
This fucker is closer to getting his hands on NASA:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...ter+Senate+Vote

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Please do not go after my large adult son.

I don't know what I'll do if you go after my large adult son.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politics/michael-flynn-son-special-counsel-russia-investigation/index.html

Wouldn't anyone stop this man from going after my large adult son?

(sorry shim)

quote:

"The disappointment on your faces when I don't go to jail will be worth all your harassment," Flynn Jr. tweeted on Sunday, responding to his online critics.

It would be really funny if Mueller decided to pursue prison time for Flynn Jr. based upon this tweet.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

sharknado slashfic posted:

I went to AIT with a girl from somewhere from Louisiana who was maybe 4'10. In boots

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

So the graffiti that caused the Air Force Academy General to go off on everyone turned out to be a false flag: http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Cadet-candidate-allegedly-targeted-by-racism-found-responsible-for-act-455948213.html

I'm just gonna say it, a 19 year old's tasteless prank sparking a General Officer cutting promos for YouTube, national media attention, and a months-long OSI investigation is the most USAFA thing possible. How hard must that dude have been sweating.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wanna save this picture for when the purges start like that one Stalin pic.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Women!? In NatSec!? Never!

You all should be listening to the Bombshells podcast

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's from an ultra conservative Israeli newspaper, who were worried their readership wouldn't be able to see women in photos.

I wish I were making that up.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm just gonna say it, a 19 year old's tasteless prank sparking a General Officer cutting promos for YouTube, national media attention, and a months-long OSI investigation is the most USAFA thing possible. How hard must that dude have been sweating.

And now people will cry “race baiter!” and use this as proof that racism isn’t real

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

FastestGunAlive posted:

And now people will cry “race baiter!” and use this as proof that racism isn’t real

Too late. It’s already a common method to ignore or minimize racism.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

sharknado slashfic posted:

Navy boot nov-jan 2015

Latina chick who ended up at Corry Jan 2015.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

If someone thinks racism isn't real, I don't think the truth or falsity of the original story was going to change their mind. I'm just slightly relieved to learn that the Academy is still populated by idiot teenagers, rather than frothing racists.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

If someone thinks racism isn't real, I don't think the truth or falsity of the original story was going to change their mind. I'm just slightly relieved to learn that the Academy is still populated by idiot teenagers, rather than frothing racists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dead Reckoning posted:

Who will one day go on to be idiots who forget to submit forms into NICS.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
There are a lot of bad things you can say about the Academy, but the leadership both Officer and Cadet Wing always made it clear that bigotry was Unwelcome there. I'll give them credit for trying really hard to inculcate the egalitarian and fraternal values they espoused.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

egalitarian and fraternal values they espoused.

Problematic.

I jest, don't take offense.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Look, we took down the "Bring Me Men" sign, and I think they changed that slightly racist squadron name too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

too soon

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The academy lets the American Taliban run all over campus unchecked. Dana Born who was Dean of Faculty at USAFA from 2004-2013 tried to run "counter insurgency" operations against whistleblowers. Basically you can be as much of a bigot at the academy if you want so long as it's an expression of your Christian faith.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Having Gen. Silveria's extremely forceful statement everywhere in the public conciousness for like a week still makes this whole incident a net good imo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Having Gen. Silveria's extremely forceful statement everywhere in the public conciousness for like a week still makes this whole incident a net good imo

And the statement isn't lessened by this revelation, either.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

not gonna lie, when i saw that poo poo I figured it was some E-2 skating on the paperwork that led to this poo poo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Melania's outfit at 0:45 is...I don't really have the right word for this, but it's something.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/928279728125108225

New blade runner sucks

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Melania's outfit at 0:45 is...I don't really have the right word for this, but it's something.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/928279728125108225

Björkian

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I've never seen DPRK called NoKo is that a trump thing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Your Battle Buddy posted:

4noko

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

i can see the resemblance

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Well, that's definitely not a genuine Trump tweet, but no, I have never seen North Korea referred to as "NoKo" by anyone.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

at the date posted:

Well, that's definitely not a genuine Trump tweet, but no, I have never seen North Korea referred to as "NoKo" by anyone.

Ha fair enough. A "Twitter presidency" thing maybe would have been more accurate

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

someone buy trump an SA account

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New York Times published an article detailing the Texas church shooting. It was completely caught on church cameras. The guy methodically executed those people. Head shots. Children. One of them was a 1 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dear CMSgt (ret) McKinley,

Remember that time you came to Keesler and went on and on about how hard it was to get into the Air Force, how many people get turned away, and how everyone there was the best of the best? Once again your message has been proven to be absolute bullshit.

gently caress you,
Casimir Radon

• Locked thread