Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if you want a $160 xbox one x go to walmart and buy 54 bags of roulette doritos,dont buy anything else roulette doritos include a 2x-5x multiplier and many bags have misprinted two codes in one bag. I just won an auction apparnatlyit's real

go..googo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

I have faster download speeds on my Xbox One X than I do on my PS4. It generally uses my full bandwidth to download around 3 MB/s. Shame all these games are hovering around 50-60 gigs a pop now but thats the breaks to get the high-res assets.

This was true for me for a brief period, I have a gigabit line and was getting 3-400 mbps (50 megabytes a second) while the PS4 seemed to be around 70-odd for the most part (8ish megabytes a second), but I think Sony upgraded whatever backend I connect to and downloads are a lot faster now.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

type your zip code into this poo poo and go get them

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=826839479

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I need some x-friends so I can see how these achievement contest things work. Plz add me. GT: dr fatsaq

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

ethanol posted:

if you want a $160 xbox one x go to walmart and buy 54 bags of roulette doritos,dont buy anything else roulette doritos include a 2x-5x multiplier and many bags have misprinted two codes in one bag. I just won an auction apparnatlyit's real

go..googo

Did you buy all your Doritos at one store?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I need some x-friends so I can see how these achievement contest things work. Plz add me. GT: dr fatsaq

ok

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thx, new friend.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Playstation install times always take forever for me since download speeds tend to cap out as 30mbp/s, whereas xbox downloads rarely drop below 140mbp/s and even gets up to 300 on a good day. I have never been able to find out why this is the case as sony says it's my isp throttling my bandwidth, and my isp says it's sony doing the throttling. Kinda annoying since review copies are all sent via download codes these days, the last physical review disc I ever got was Just cause 3 and that still took a good 40 minutes of installing to get off tutorial island.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

ethanol posted:

anybody here who ever loving doubts my committment to xbox, the greatest, the world's most powerful cosnole

this is what's happening/happened

He bought them out.

Ryoga posted:

Playstation install times always take forever for me since download speeds tend to cap out as 30mbp/s, whereas xbox downloads rarely drop below 140mbp/s and even gets up to 300 on a good day. I have never been able to find out why this is the case as sony says it's my isp throttling my bandwidth, and my isp says it's sony doing the throttling. Kinda annoying since review copies are all sent via download codes these days, the last physical review disc I ever got was Just cause 3 and that still took a good 40 minutes of installing to get off tutorial island.

It's likely Rackspace throttles PSN downloads.

People have been able to significantly boost them by running their PC as a proxy for the connection.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

yes

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I respect you.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I asked customer service if I could buy 60 bags of potato chips, and they said heck its easier than selling 1 potato chips to 60 different customers

people are genrally pretty cool, irl.. maybe it's just my state... also im extremely handsome

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

ethanol posted:

I asked customer service if I could buy 60 bags of potato chips, and they said heck its easier than selling 1 potato chips to 60 different customers

people are genrally pretty cool, irl.. maybe it's just my state... also im extremely handsome

Since this is the shame thread I did the same, the cashiers comment was “oh no not again”, earlier in the day someone had come through with 3 carts of super cheap Halloween candy, which all had to be individually scanned.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I asked nicely if they could count by hand and skip the scanner and it took about 1 minute

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Halo 5 on the X looks like a brand new AAA game, too bad the combat sucks balls. I wanna play the combat in the cut scenes.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Don’t eat the Doritos god drat it

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

univbee posted:

Because giving Microsoft half a grand for unacceptability is what people like you do.

Seriously though, I don't know what you expected differently, these download sizes and install times have been a persistent thing that's only gotten worse and was specifically not being improved in any meaningful way with the Xbox One X.

If it helps almost all (there are a few exceptions of various capacities, and this doesn't apply to playing online) PS4 disc games are playable within less than a minute of inserting the disc for the first time, PS4 Pro included.

I know that. PS4/PS4 Pro has been my primary system this whole gen so that's part of the reason I'm so taken aback. I knew Xbox One was bad but I assumed things would be better with "the worlds most powerful console ever"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Top Gun posted:

JESUS CHRIST it takes like 2-3 hours to "install" a game (even if you have the loving disc) and then another 2-3 hours to install the 60 GB patch for X enhancements. How is this acceptable?

Check your internet speed, try turning the speed knob up on ur router

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Top Gun posted:

JESUS CHRIST it takes like 2-3 hours to "install" a game (even if you have the loving disc) and then another 2-3 hours to install the 60 GB patch for X enhancements. How is this acceptable?

Disc is always way slower than me than installing full digital version, enough so that it's a big motivator to just go all digital.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
:thunk:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

ethanol posted:

Check your internet speed, try turning the speed knob up on ur router

I keep mine set to, "Full Hogg*"

*Better than plain ole' Full Hog, Heavy Hog, and Trundling Hog.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Maneki Neko posted:

Disc is always way slower than me than installing full digital version, enough so that it's a big motivator to just go all digital.

That would be feasible if GCU and Amazon eidnt exist. gently caress paying full price for most games today.

For the record Xbox is way faster than PS4 in downloads. My problem is Xbox won't download some game updates in the background and every title update won't auto download. I go days without playing and come back to a title update that takes forever. On ps4 its already downloaded while in rest mode and is quick to install.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

HyperPuma posted:

well yeah a dvd is useless at this point, but i think theres still a market for 4k bluray

its very niche though

All kids' movies and tv series are released on DVD. Many of them physically only on DVD

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

ethanol posted:

Don’t eat the Doritos god drat it
                                    /

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Xbonx One Xbonx: The highest quality dorito dust on a console.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Top Gun posted:

There's actually a well-known trick to disc installs on the Bone: Disconnect from the internet, install from the disc, get online, let it update. Somehow this way it's always faster than installing normally.

I guess it's trying to read the disc and download from the internet at the same time which somehow makes everything slow as poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah just like my PS3

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Surprisingly they didn't sell my scorpion edition bonex and I got a pick up notification yesterday to get it :woop:

Unboxed and installed, installed asscreed, started a new game, the opening cinematics pulled a respectable 15 fps the whole time

Thanks Microsoft

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
They called the updated Bone a Bone X, and the RAM is believable.

I feel the world has passed me by.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Surprisingly they didn't sell my scorpion edition bonex and I got a pick up notification yesterday to get it :woop:

Unboxed and installed, installed asscreed, started a new game, the opening cinematics pulled a respectable 15 fps the whole time

Thanks Microsoft

Are the opening cinematics a recorded cutscene or ingame graphics?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playstation 4 posted:

They called the updated Bone a Bone X, and the RAM is believable.

I feel the world has passed me by.

Were you there for highest quality pixels?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't understand why Microsoft gave up on the strategy of paying everyone for exclusives which seemed to make the 360 massively successful.

Heh. When you see what they have killed in the boring business/enterprise side of things...how they handle the console side is no surprise.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Satya Nadella, retire bitch

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Real hurthling! posted:

Were you there for highest quality pixels?

I remember the pixels, and the XXXcellent qualities they held.

I remember cries of "Just wait until Titanfall!" off the corner off r/Bone.

All these things, memories of a time 4 years past.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Playstation 4 posted:

I remember the pixels, and the XXXcellent qualities they held.

I remember cries of "Just wait until Titanfall!" off the corner off r/Bone.

All these things, memories of a time 4 years past.

All those moments will be lost in time, like screen tears in dynamic rain. Time to red ring.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope the next playstation is bad so i can make fun of it

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Real hurthling! posted:

Well the last 4 have been, why would the trend change?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Forums poster playstation 4 is my friendo

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I own two and they're bad

So is the Xbone just bad in a different way

The switch ownz tho

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002