Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

if its maxed you wont take any damage while dodging, which makes you practically invincible

so it says but in practise it doesnt do anything you cant do without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

if its maxed you wont take any damage while dodging, which makes you practically invincible

Someone in the main thread said that it doesn't actually work, though. I dunno, I never took it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres a ton of attacks that will always hit you for full damage if they touch you whether youre dodging or rolling, like the gargoyles stomp or griffins wing sweep and fleet footed doesnt change any of that. it doesnt seem to give you more iframes for attacks that can be dodged either. i dont think it does anything at all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i looked on google and it says it works only attacks that can already be dodged, and you have to be dodging directly towards the enemy. so basically for the ability to work you need to a: intentionally roll towards the enemy once it starts to use an attack on you (but it has to be an attack you can dodge) and b: mess up the roll, which already has 1 million iframes without the skill, and then get hit. so basically a specific situation that only godly gamer darksydephil could ever find himself in

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i looked on google and it says it works only attacks that can already be dodged, and you have to be dodging directly towards the enemy. so basically for the ability to work you need to a: intentionally roll towards the enemy once it starts to use an attack on you (but it has to be an attack you can dodge) and b: mess up the roll, which already has 1 million iframes without the skill, and then get hit. so basically a specific situation that only godly gamer darksydephil could ever find himself in

Lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

I.N.R.I posted:

gently caress.

ok well ill respec my witchman (however that happens) and then put it somewhere else.

what the gently caress is adrenaline used for, anyways?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dwarf salesman: would you like some fleet footed dodging? it's like regular dodging except more... fun.

geralt: okay... i'l take 5 points worth.

*a horde of monsters holding signs that say "we don't acknowledge fleet footed dodging"*

geralt: d'oh!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

dwarf salesman: would you like some fleet footed dodging? it's like regular dodging except more... fun.

*a horde of monsters holding signs that say "we don't acknowledge fleet footed dodging"*

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

gently caress.

ok well ill respec my witchman (however that happens) and then put it somewhere else.

what the gently caress is adrenaline used for, anyways?

you respec by buying a potion - certain vendors have them

adrenaline bumps up your damage. it can do quite a bit if you spec yourself right but it’s mostly a background thing

also, as far as skills go, one that’s easy to miss is the alchemy one that increases the toxicity threshold depending on the number of recipes you own - if you want to use potions at all it’s basically mandatory as once you have all the recipes you get triple the threshold or so

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

BBJoey posted:

also, as far as skills go, one that’s easy to miss is the alchemy one that increases the toxicity threshold depending on the number of recipes you own - if you want to use potions at all it’s basically mandatory as once you have all the recipes you get triple the threshold or so

yeah I already have the acquired tolerance or whatever, which lets me slam 2 decoctions and still chug potions in a fight, and I haven't even found that many recipes yet.

not sure what other alchemy skills are good.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

hahah so good :D I loved that 'Itchy and Scratchy money' scene

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah I already have the acquired tolerance or whatever, which lets me slam 2 decoctions and still chug potions in a fight, and I haven't even found that many recipes yet.

not sure what other alchemy skills are good.

blade oil ones are good and I've seen some sick bomb builds

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm on a console so i can't get the mod that puts the oils on automatically but I don't think it's that's hard to throw an old on your sword before combat.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I'm on a console so i can't get the mod that puts the oils on automatically but I don't think it's that's hard to throw an old on your sword before combat.

it just gets old really fast

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Alchemy seemed like the kinda thing you’d use to break the game on a second playthrough, I remember being overwhelmed and just dumping points into signs and the deflect arrow parry because jedis are cool

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

blade oil ones are good and I've seen some sick bomb builds
bombs are great but they stop being viable during the endgame especially in the expansions

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

bombs are great but they stop being viable during the endgame especially in the expansions

I've only just started hearts of stone and haven't touched blood and wine. are the enemies in those more resistant to bombs?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm not sure as I had a pretty sweet bomb build before the expansion came out and finished the game carpet-bombing everything. Then HoS came out and I couldn't make a dent in those drug dealer knights it introduced (they were level 30+ I think). Bombs just stopped being effective damage-wise to expansion foes but it might have also been a patch that nerfed them, I had to respec into something else. The elemental ones are still effective but the damage dealing ones not really.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

That mod was an absolute must-have for me. I can't even imagine having to switch to inventory and manually apply specific oils to my swords before every single instance of combat.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the whole oil thing is sort of silly because you can reapply it during combat. honestly they should have made it just stay active the entire fight until you change it, because there's no penalty for pausing the game and reapplying the oil.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the whole oil thing is sort of silly because you can reapply it during combat. honestly they should have made it just stay active the entire fight until you change it, because there's no penalty for pausing the game and reapplying the oil.

yeah. like i guess they did it so you'd have to make the improved versions, but they could have just incremented the damage a little instead

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the improved oils do do (heh) more damage

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP0qT4VXWyc i made a sequel to my bloodborne video. apparently you can beat any fiend at any level if you just stab it once every 2 or 3 seconds since it wont counter attack as long as you dont wail on it and every hit makes them stumble. it spazzes out at the end cos it was my first time fighting it and i didnt know there was a second phase so i just kept attacking it when its supposed to do the ninja smoke bomb move

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao when he starts flipping out

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
where'd you get all that water

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just took it from peoples houses. they dont really seem to care if you ransack their homes for food and water despite having names like Poor Townsman and Peasant and constantly saying stuff like oi guvnor i eat so many pine cones my arse has splinters

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i just took it from peoples houses. they dont really seem to care if you ransack their homes for food and water despite having names like Poor Townsman and Peasant and constantly saying stuff like oi guvnor i eat so many pine cones my arse has splinters

lmao mashing the loot button on a big stack of everything some poor guy owns ftw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremebuff posted:

lmao mashing the loot button on a big stack of everything some poor guy owns ftw

goomba stomp

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
"No, I couldn't possibly accept 20 crowns for ridding your village of that noonwraith, you need that to help your sick daughter." [while shaking her upside down to get her jewelry]

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Some kid, while a veiny weirdo runs off with all his potable water: We's catching snails!! :haw:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

at the date posted:

"No, I couldn't possibly accept 20 crowns for ridding your village of that noonwraith, you need that to help your sick daughter." [while shaking her upside down to get her jewelry]

I always take the money. Witchers don't work for free

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also the extra money theyre willing to pay you would just be spent neglecting their peasant family at the village tavern

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Don't you get extra XP if you don't negotiate for $ most of the time, though? Money grows on trees in this game, I'd prefer the experience

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

Also the extra money theyre willing to pay you would just be spent neglecting their peasant family at the village tavern

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

One of the witcher devs made a free immersion/balance mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2788/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

One of the witcher devs made a free immersion/balance mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2788/

this sounds great drat

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i was all about it until i saw the acquired tolerance nerf.

i love slamming a bunch of decoctions and going hog wild

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Also this may be the first game in a long time where I actually listen/watch all the dialog, instead of skipping it all the time.

That also means this game is taking me forever to complete, I'm at about level 12.

Playing on Blood & Broken Bones, though. May be worth trying out Death March, although I'm not sure I want to spend all that time doing those quests all over again. Maybe when I do NG+.

I only seemed to struggle in combat early on up until the game let me leave White Orchard, which having freedom to do other poo poo helped prep me with equipment and levels/skills. Or maybe finally getting a feel for the combat was did it.

Witcher 3 Pwns.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Playing on Blood & Broken Bones, though. May be worth trying out Death March, although I'm not sure I want to spend all that time doing those quests all over again. Maybe when I do NG+.
You can change the difficulty at any time, you don't have to start the game over to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Also this may be the first game in a long time where I actually listen/watch all the dialog, instead of skipping it all the time.

That also means this game is taking me forever to complete, I'm at about level 12.

i wonder how long it took them to get to the point that every dialogue feels unique and dynamic instead of just two mannequins standing five feet apart reading lines at each other

• Locked thread