Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's like dumb motherfuckers who complain about foot tracks appearing on lawns when you have pretty loving obvious 100% undeniable proof right there that they should've put a path there instead of grass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
No it's germy phobes who think the touch plate is dirty and would rather touch elsewhere. It's an unwinnable battle.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
what if, the whole door, is the touch plate???

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its from dudes pissing on the door not from opening it dummies

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Trig Discipline posted:

jesus christ there is nothing creepier in the world than a young dude with a boner and a sense of entitlement
uhh yeah dude i think coined the term "boner fever" with respect to men acting insane in situations like this, within their first dozen eps over a decade ago, and i haven't come across a better term since

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

This isn't much of an open-palm slam. Hth.

E:

Smoking in front of my PC then having to open it up to put in more ram is both what got me into IT and got me to quit smoking.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 9, 2017

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

every button and knob on betamax players were satisfying as heck

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nothin' like some good knob feel

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Schadenboner posted:

Smoking in front of my PC then having to open it up to put in more ram is both what got me into IT and got me to quit smoking.
batting .500 on good life decisions there

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

French Canadian posted:

No it's germy phobes who think the touch plate is dirty and would rather touch elsewhere. It's an unwinnable battle.

i thought the point of the picture was to show the gender imbalance at that school or w/e

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Why not just open the door with your foot?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kenny Logins posted:

uhh yeah dude i think coined the term "boner fever" with respect to men acting insane in situations like this, within their first dozen eps over a decade ago, and i haven't come across a better term since

add this to the dsm stat

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the touchplate is going to be the cleanest part of the door if it's a using silver or copper coating to kill bacteria

"""""""""""""""""""""""engineers""""""""""""""""""""""" wouldn't know that though

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the touchplate is going to be the cleanest part of the door if it's a using silver or copper coating to kill bacteria

"""""""""""""""""""""""engineers""""""""""""""""""""""" wouldn't know that though

isn't brass also supposed to be good at that? probably less expensive, too.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

prefect posted:

yeah

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

i'm guessing there are a lot more men than women at an engineering university?

most people are right handed and push the door open with the right hand. in order to hit the mens touchplate you would need to put your hand across your body and down to the side. much easier to just hit the door higher up. the womens touch plate is on the right and will be less of an issue for women who tend to be shorter than men.

also its a sign you don't have anyone doing maintenance in your building which is real gross.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Schadenboner posted:

one of the worst days at my old job was when the local cigar shop brought in their failing PoS pc. it had been running 24/7/365 for years in a shop where multiple people were constantly smoking cigars.

heavy, sticky, bright-orange dust that was inches thick on nearly every surface. it was horrifying.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

Brass is a copper alloy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

Brass is a copper alloy

yeah, i looked it up after i posted :blush:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dillbag posted:

until he and bubba the love sponge orchestrated the greatest work ever in modern litigation, at least
let's not accept that he had anythign to do with that case other than being a patsy for thiel

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

bump_fn posted:

im not gonna watch that video because im certain its worse than i imagine

pull it up to 5:33 at least

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a what now

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

French Canadian posted:

who touches a door

kick the kickplate to open door, that's why there is a kickplate

get on my level

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yeah let me just touch this door and get weirdo stranger sebum all over my hands that sounds great

-an idiot

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the best bathroom germ trivia is that those super strong dyson hand dryers just spray your germs all over the bathroom in a cloud of poo poo while using paper towels is actually cleaner.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

C.H.O.M.E posted:

the best bathroom germ trivia is that those super strong dyson hand dryers just spray your germs all over the bathroom in a cloud of poo poo while using paper towels is actually cleaner.
https://twitter.com/causticbob/status/787394077549469696

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

that's if you only wet your hands like some kind of disgusting animal

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I just kick down every door I pass through

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i figured the door wear was from shoulders/backpacks since that's how i figured most dude barge through a bathroom door at a university/tech school. if its from hand grease, gross lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That has a different effect here.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

nothin' like some good knob feel

That reminds me: tell your sister I said "hi".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Schadenboner posted:

Why not just open the door with your foot?

it's a ninja school; they did

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/910913478143172608

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

has the moose even posted in the last five years?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

has the moose even posted in the last five years?

last time i remember them doing so was jumping in our of the blue to tell someone suggesting a milkie edit to gently caress off
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

graph posted:

a what now
tw: summoning my inner fishmech:

The oligodynamic effect (from Greek oligos "few", and dynamis "force") is a biocidal effect of metals, especially heavy metals, that occurs even in low concentrations. The effect was discovered by Karl Wilhelm von Nägeli, although he did not identify the cause.[1] Brass doorknobs and silverware both exhibit this effect to an extent.

• Locked thread