Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Lysidas posted:

i have too many extensions that say LEGACY under ff 56 :(

i think https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/all-in-one-gestures/ is what i care the most about

ive got an extended gesture 4 u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching

my stepdads beer posted:

yeah it learns

it definitely didn't learn until the entry disappeared. I visited twig dot whatever once, and twitter about 600,000 times, and it didn't change the ordering one iota.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it learned a deeper truth about the effect visiting twitter has on peoples life

it is your failing that you failed to in turn learn from its wisdom

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

hopefully this leads to browsers just refusing to execute javascript that takes a significant amount of cpu time
so not running js at all? i'm in

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i installed the 57 beta of "Firefox browser for Android" seriously that's what it's called, and it's way nicer than the release version. i put up with the janky UI and slow app performance of android firefox because even with those downsides, the ability to install ublock makes it a much better browsing experience than chrome. the beta adds (what feels like) a much speedier UI, which is pretty much the only downside to it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

so not running js at all? i'm in

lol imagine how lovely the web would be without javascript

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
you'd have to click arrows to move around in maps like you did before google maps existed

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
There was this Norwegian website that would detect adblockers and show a nag screen. If you blocked the nag screen, it would detect that too, and start some infinite javascript loop to make the browser unusable.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Themage posted:

switched from chome to firefox in July and man, it’s nice not having a tab use 1GB of ram

*switches browser*
*nods approvingly at task manager*

yes, this is the life.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Websites that depend on ads for funding should die.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

firefox having a minimum tab size makes it the only browser that don't suck in my book
like that's some ux 101 poo poo
"looks like you open ed 30 tabs, guss i better make them all 1 pixel wide so i can fit them all! oh no it looks like the only pixel i renderd for that tab is also the close tab button, oops lol!!!" - browsers stained with the foul taint of webkit's poo poo garbage ux

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

nice meltdown

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

HoboMan posted:

firefox having a minimum tab size makes it the only browser that don't suck in my book
"looks like you open ed 30 tabs, guss i better make them all 1 pixel wide so i can fit them all! oh no it looks like the only pixel i renderd for that tab is also the close tab button, oops lol!!!" - browsers stained with the foul taint of webkit's poo poo garbage ux

meanwhile opera has a minimum tab size of one pixel, as is correct, and does not add a close tab button if they are too small

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

HoboMan posted:

close some tabs

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

theodop posted:

close some tabs

This. Stop browsing like poo poo.

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

having a million tabs open is strongly indicative of a dogshit workflow

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Everyone who complains about Chrome memory usage invariably has 100s of tabs open at any given time.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

theodop posted:

having a million tabs open is strongly indicative of a java project

pram
Jun 10, 2001

theodop posted:

having a million tabs open is strongly indicative of a dogshit workflow

lol browsing workflow ?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you need to optimize your browsing technique. ive created an epic for this and will be assigning tasks at the next sprint

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

pram posted:

you need to optimize your browsing technique. ive created an epic for this and will be assigning tasks at the next sprint

agreed, take some pride in your work

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Schadenboner posted:

This. Stop browsing like poo poo.

gently caress You; I Will Not

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im a million twitter tabs

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
im the web worker

pram
Jun 10, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

jfc

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Wrong browser, wrong POS colour, wrong tab count

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

atomicthumbs posted:

i really sort of hope that you faked this up to mess with people

surely at least you have progressed far beyond the point where a linear list of tabs is workable

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i really sort of hope that you faked this up to mess with people

surely at least you have progressed far beyond the point where a linear list of tabs is workable

i can mouse over them and it flashes a tab preview and i can remember what i was doing around the time i was reading a particular thing, and what else i wanted to read and opened in a new tab from that, and navigate it like a map of my recent browsing habits

nobody without severe ADHD has an excuse for it being like this

edit: if there were some sort of treetab system where whenever I middleclick on a link, it would open it in a sort of subtab that doesn't show up unless i open a tab's tree, that would be way better

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 9, 2017

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

oh, and those bookmarks folders? they're each a saved session. I have 51,580 bookmarks.

I've referred back to them maybe twice

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I usually save my tabs and start fresh when either

a: the browser starts slowing down, which takes a while because opera is really good
or
b: the tab bar turns solid grey or my tabs start being hidden because it's run out of screen resolution. I can't do that navigation trick well when I can't see fragments of favicons.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Switched back to Firefox from Chrome a couple months ago and it's been smooth sailing.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Do the fonts still look insanely bad

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

atomicthumbs posted:

In it, voted 5.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Dodoman posted:

also before anyone really starts like firefox again, check this out

https://blog.mozilla.org/press-uk/2017/10/06/testing-cliqz-in-firefox/

fuuuuuuuuck

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

pram posted:

lol browsing workflow ?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/session-manager/

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Mozilla likes to add dumb poo poo to Firefox that's easy to disable

it's always been this way

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

atomicthumbs posted:

b: the tab bar turns solid grey or my tabs start being hidden because it's run out of screen resolution. I can't do that navigation trick well when I can't see fragments of favicons.

get a 21:9 monitor

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

atomicthumbs posted:

:agreed: gently caress closing tabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

atomicthumbs posted:

oh, and those bookmarks folders? they're each a saved session. I have 51,580 bookmarks.

I've referred back to them maybe twice

youre browsing wrong

• Locked thread