Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Standing in cover, with a solar grenade behind me, with about 80% health, it hasn't touched me since getting me to that 80%, suddenly dead, Killed by The Architects.

I should note that I in fact died twice to the Architects in Crucible tonight, in two different matches. I don't remember the circumstances of the latter as my reaction was mostly :psypop:

Orv fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I really wish they'd just remove radar from the game. It's never been a fun mechanic in any game, and leads to staring into the corner of your screen instead of actually playing.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
We had radar-less playlist in D1, it sucked. Everyone just sat in corners and didn't move. It was eventually removed.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man those Architects are like the most dangerous enemies in Destiny 2.
I think 90% of my deaths are getting thrown off of the bloody platforms the devs seem to love having everywhere. I did a Inverted Spire where the end boss murdered me twice in a row that way, it was kind of funny actually.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Warlock Simulator coat + Dawn and Dusk shaders looks goofy as heck and I love it.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The secret to having a neat mod inventory is actually to not buy legendary mods. They don't provide more cooldown or reload speed or whatever than a blue and only make it confusing to know what the actual level of an item is. Keeping your blue mods also let's you gently caress around with your loadout a lot because you always have a surplus.

Oh and people getting killed by the architects in crucible might be getting punked by a tractor cannon

Orv
May 4, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Oh and people getting killed by the architects in crucible might be getting punked by a tractor cannon

Nah, no one was near me and none of them were running shotguns. Like most of my architect deaths, I was just suddenly dead, my corpse going home, with no real explanation as my camera looks at a totally unrelated mob/player.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I don't know if its relevant or not but i got suddenly murdered by the architects during calus during the transition from throne to shadow realm last week

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's all just preparation for the next DLC, where we can finally go out and murder the gently caress out of the Architects.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Urgh why is PvP stressful for me

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Spudd posted:

Urgh why is PvP stressful for me

It's not very good or fun in this game, honestly.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Skoll posted:

It's not very good or fun in this game, honestly.

I don't disagree at all, I just want that weekly done and dusted.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Spudd posted:

It was pretty stressful for me when I started doing it for the Milestone, but now I just lean into it and don't really worry about how I do. That leads to some hilarious matches where I feel totally dominant followed by one where I might get single digit kills because I forgot how to play the game. Play with other people on Discord or something, really takes the sting out of it.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i thought the architects was just what it showed when you killed yourself with something

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Foppington posted:

Looking for a cool goon to join us on a fresh raid tomorrow!

We're 2 Vets (PL 300+) and 3 Newbies (PL 280-295).

Start time would be 6:30pm GMT (British). No requirements other than campaign completion and PL260, however PL270+ would be nice.

Voice comms will be over private discord - BT: Caelan#2596

Post in the thread & send me a forums PM or Blizzard message. Please post in the thread if you're interested and quote this post so people can see if the spot has been filled or not. Had a great time last week - generally fun and laid back crew.

I'm not available for this, but I am looking to set up something a few days in advance in order to fit it in with ~~real life~~

is there interest in a separate raid thread, or are people comfortably ensconced in their preexisting groups?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Levantine posted:

It was pretty stressful for me when I started doing it for the Milestone, but now I just lean into it and don't really worry about how I do. That leads to some hilarious matches where I feel totally dominant followed by one where I might get single digit kills because I forgot how to play the game. Play with other people on Discord or something, really takes the sting out of it.

Yeah... I should put on some music and gently caress around with Uriel's Gift or something, I really like the Shotgun in PvP though it actually feels useful.

It's usability is tied into it giving me fast sprint speed.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Use tractor cannon and camp heavy, pvp has never been funnier

Orv
May 4, 2011

quite stretched out posted:

i thought the architects was just what it showed when you killed yourself with something

Architects is the game telling you you died to rampant physics fuckery but not necessarily directly to a mob/player. Misadventure is a self kill.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
What Power weapon do you guys recommend for the last boss in the raid? I am using Uriels + Origin Story for the other slots so I can even use my exotic grenade or rocket launcher but both seem a bit underwhelming. Even with the reload shield us titans cycle.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

What Power weapon do you guys recommend for the last boss in the raid? I am using Uriels + Origin Story for the other slots so I can even use my exotic grenade or rocket launcher but both seem a bit underwhelming. Even with the reload shield us titans cycle.

Rock it launcher :regd10:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Orv posted:

Architects is the game telling you you died to rampant physics fuckery but not necessarily directly to a mob/player. Misadventure is a self kill.

Yeah Architects is basically the game going "lol idk" about how you died.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

Rocket launchers are best when they have cluster bombs for boss damage, if you have Merciless that's another good choice or a sniper if you are confident clicking heads

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Ey thanks PvP for giving me 7 whole levels to my cloak.

You know what PvP isn't great at all but it was fun (a li'l stressful) distraction for that past hour or so.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The advice of saving one of each weapon don't extend to armour. I would not save armour except for fashion purposes.

If you don't have the antiope or you had it and you broke it, and you want to get it again, it can pass 30 days without seeing it, it may even be a entire year. Maybe the guy next to you get the antiope duplicated 4 times.

Having a lot of weapons in store is also advisable for quick material generation, or some secret quest (we use to have these). If the armourer suddenly give you a epic quest and step 3 is to break 9 fusion rifles, that will hurt if you only have these that you want.

Balance patches happend. And they are hard to predict. Two things will be buffed that did not need buffs, One thing will be nerfed and was already really weak, and Five things will be nerfed and deserved it. Having all the weapons in the vault means you have placed you bet on all possible slots and you will win by default.

Is possible to play and ignore all of this and just say "Lol, #YOLO". Is just that yolo is not a advisable practice for minmaxing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Spudd posted:

speaking of which do we know the metric for how much progress you earn towards the weekly? the percentage you get seems to change so it can’t be as simple as “play four matches”

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 9, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of which do we know the metric for how much progress you earn towards the weekly? the percentage you get seems to change so it can’t be as sinple as “play four matches”

Maybe it's based on how long you're in matches versus how many matches. I know a few people who hate pvp in this game so they throw just to make the weekly quicker, so I wonder if they have to play more matches overall?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of which do we know the metric for how much progress you earn towards the weekly? the percentage you get seems to change so it can’t be as sinple as “play four matches”

I think it's just random because for my first two matches I got 26% done and then another 25%, after that none went above 15%.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh no i typed the word sinple

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually on console release you couldn't access mods via API, it was added right before pc release.

but why should you have to? Just like shaders where there's about 55 and you have 50 slots, they could increase the carry size by a small amount and avoid the issue completely.

Maybe there's a memory issue again like back in D1 that they had to address to have more size. Maybe the UI guys liked the idea of the consistent icon size and that's why there's only 50 as the one page, and two pages was overkill. Either way I don't care - it's an annoying system to work with and it's embarrassing considering half the endgame is applying mods and shaders to your poo poo.

Oh I don't think the inventory management is good but nobody I play with knew you could store mods so I imagine there are others deleting mods who didn't know.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of which do we know the metric for how much progress you earn towards the weekly? the percentage you get seems to change so it can’t be as simple as “play four matches”

It seems like there is a base amount, maybe about 15% and you get more for winning and doing well.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tei posted:

The advice of saving one of each weapon don't extend to armour. I would not save armour except for fashion purposes.

If you don't have the antiope or you had it and you broke it, and you want to get it again, it can pass 30 days without seeing it, it may even be a entire year. Maybe the guy next to you get the antiope duplicated 4 times.

Having a lot of weapons in store is also advisable for quick material generation, or some secret quest (we use to have these). If the armourer suddenly give you a epic quest and step 3 is to break 9 fusion rifles, that will hurt if you only have these that you want.

Balance patches happend. And they are hard to predict. Two things will be buffed that did not need buffs, One thing will be nerfed and was already really weak, and Five things will be nerfed and deserved it. Having all the weapons in the vault means you have placed you bet on all possible slots and you will win by default.

Is possible to play and ignore all of this and just say "Lol, #YOLO". Is just that yolo is not a advisable practice for minmaxing.

not worth giving up the bank for this. if a weapon gets buffed it's very easy to get it again, this isnt destiny 1 where you might not see the thing for a year it's destiny 2 where you go grind X tokens for an hour and get the weapon again.

also good luck when each new dlc comes out and adds 50 more junk purples.

then year 2 will hit and the light will be raised to 400 or whatever and none of the old guns will raise that high and you put up with all that banking bullshit for little to no reason the entire time.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You get a set amount per match, 15% and then it's based purely off K/A beyond that.

Orv fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 9, 2017

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Frustrated posted:

I really wish they'd just remove radar from the game. It's never been a fun mechanic in any game, and leads to staring into the corner of your screen instead of actually playing.

as a d1 striker main i am of the opinion that inferno rumble very much owned

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Frustrated posted:

Oh man no no no

The only major gripe my friend and I have about the game is that it is absurdly easy to get split up from your fireteam buds because the light green tag doesn't stand out enough. Removing the radar would make it 100x worse.

I'd be fine with it being a minimap instead of a radar though, or have it only show enemy positions when you pull out your ghost to make it more tactically relevant.

Our second biggest gripe is how drat seriously the plot of the game takes itself and how the tryhard falls flat when you are playing with a friend on voice chat. The game could seriously benefit from a bit of Borderlands 2 lightheartedness (not the meme poo poo). Imagine how much better the Traveler Shard EDZ missions would be if instead of "deep" discussions about your class and Void/Arc you have Mr. Torgue getting you pumped about EXPLOSIONS and "MOTHER____ING AWESOME LIGHTNING SPACE MAGIC poo poo".

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Voooping some fucker out of their sword or super is one of the top good things in video games.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

3 questions:

1. If I need nightfall w/ 5 mins remaining for rat king, and others in my group have already done it, just 1 other person needs to equip weapon right before boss kill finishes for the quest to advance?

2. What's the fastest glimmer farm at LL300?

3. Does turning in tokens and leveling up vendors do anything other than give you engrams?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Tahirovic posted:

So, the way around this is to have at least one Titan with Rally Barricade. Fire, crouch, stand up, fire again. Rinse and repeat until all six rockets are gone. Or, if you have ColdHeart, fire the beam until you get into single digits, duck, repeat.

The Rally Barricade/Empowering Rift combo can put out insane damage on the final boss. So far we've taken the boss to second form in first phase, and down by two phases, each time.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

not worth giving up the bank for this. if a weapon gets buffed it's very easy to get it again, this isnt destiny 1 where you might not see the thing for a year it's destiny 2 where you go grind X tokens for an hour and get the weapon again.

I obviously can't GUARANTEE Destiny 2 will be the same as Destiny 1, but historically they dropped things from loot rotation as new major content expansions dropped. Like we may not see Antiope-D anymore after this season.

Just save the things you like, even if you can't put your finger on why you like them. Not every gun is objectively awesome.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Due to peer pressure and popular demand I've made another goon clan. And Waffle House told me that this one is for ALL goons, regardless of PC, PS4, or Xbox.

To all who wish to be part of a cool and good Destiny 2 goon clan. I have made a new one for people who can't fit into the other existing ones. Please click the link if you wish to join. And I'm not sending you an invite just click the bloody join button:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2882508

Jump into our clan Discord (part of the main Destiny Goons Discord) here and say hi before you mash that link though:

https://discord.gg/XNtnMg7

And yes I did change the main Discord icon to something better. Yes it's been renamed to Trials of the Naan. We are all farming the European Bread Zone tonight are we not?

So if you like Destiny, Moana, sliced bread, and mindless grinding, we hope to see you soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

:hellyeah: got the full set together on my 29th turn in. using an exotic over the set chest but drat the crimson and gold trim looks great.

• Locked thread