Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/10/google-nerfing-home-minis-mine-spied-everything-said-247/ thanks google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

infernal machines posted:

the advertising company that has an interest in having as much data about you and your household as humanly possible said it wouldn't do that, but then it did!

no way anyone could have foreseen such an unlikely malfunction.

i agree that this is obvious to all of us but it sure would be nice if there was some disclosure and informed consent regulation about it so innocent victims who dont know google is an ad company can make a decision

user should be shown a modal warning that says in big type "this device will send and record forever every conversation held around it. type i agree to being spied on to continue"

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

wow if only you could have read the previous three posts before yours

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
chrome remote desktop is requesting a new permission and all it says is "communicate with cooperating websites" and that's such an incredibly ominous phrase i don't think i want to approve it

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

anthonypants posted:

chrome remote desktop is requesting a new permission and all it says is "communicate with cooperating websites" and that's such an incredibly ominous phrase i don't think i want to approve it

You already have Chrome installed, the privacy ship has sailed.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
https://twitter.com/xdadevelopers/status/919213870899777539

dongles, dongles, dongles!

pretend I copied and pasted a thousand whiny posts about iPhone headphone jacks here

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
https://twitter.com/backlon/status/920275953355456513

looks good.
*depth map obviously hosed up*

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol, he's retweeting himself at people who are all "what, no that's not good at all"

calling this "good" but still differentiating from "great" is like a fast food place renaming "small" to "medium" and hoping that nobody notices

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

duTrieux. posted:

lol, he's retweeting himself at people who are all "what, no that's not good at all"

calling this "good" but still differentiating from "great" is like a fast food place renaming "small" to "medium" and hoping that nobody notices

lmao the left wall is still entirely hosed. and the halo around the body. and the terribly synthetic feeling of the blur. here’s the full size from the verge site. it’s very bad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ugh looking at that feels like my retina is detaching

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
someone make a non-haunted version of this thread thanks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its not haunted for me??

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/google-play-apps-with-as-many-as-2-6m-downloads-added-devices-to-botnet/

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pixel 2 xl's already have screen burn in after 2 weeks

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it's amazing how bad google is at hardware

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The original Pixels didn't have any of these problems

(Hint: they weren't made by LG)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

hifi posted:

pixel 2 xl's already have screen burn in after 2 weeks

$1299 CAD lmao, $20 bucks cheaper than an iphone X 64gb

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4fiqjaxHw
some cool poo poo in the dev tools this time. you can query for objects of a type on the heap from the console, and you can await the results of promises there too

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/thomasfuchs/status/924576108779048965

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
i only drink artisanal, free range beer

poty
Jun 21, 2008

google is a mess

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

google, what’s the temperature inside?

https://reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/79vyg2/does_homemini_have_built_in_thermometers/

quote:

It is giving you the temperature in Side Mahallesi in Turkey. If you type on your phone what is the temperature in side? It will give you the weather forecast for this town in Turkey. Sometimes if you emphasize the in of inside it understands it as two words and looks up the temperature currently of Side.

classic google

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

google found a way to improve the pixel 2 xl and perfect the android experience

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/7a7stx/finally_got_my_pixel_2_xl_today_only_it_was/

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
the true stock android experience

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:pwn:

quote:

Hi Powaqoatse,

The YouTube community flagged one or more of your playlists as inappropriate. After reviewing the content, we’ve determined that the playlist violates our Community Guidelines. As a result, we removed the following playlist from YouTube:

* Favorites

Please note that this removal has not resulted in a strike on your channel. We encourage you to review all playlists in your account to make sure they are in line with our community guidelines. Additional violations could result in strikes on your account, or even lead to account termination.

For more information please visit the YouTube Help Center.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

it was just old comedy stuff and 90s music videos what the hell

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ugh the youtube ui, theres no info anywhere

i want my dumb lovely video list back!!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a lot of "old comedy stuff" is unwatchable today because it's really homophobic but i can't see why having a lot of that stuff favorited would make a problem unless someone specifically sought you out to make it a problem

like, "favorites" isn't really a play list so um, what? did someone get a bit zealous with the "spotify playlist meme" crusade?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its literally just the playlist that youtube created for me when they removed the "favorite" functionality years ago. like they just converted my favorites to a playlist. idk if it was even public?

theres probably some problematic stuff in there but ive never been a fan of comedy that kicks down so i doubt its a lot. it had like 2000+ videos though so :shrug:

also clicked the help center link in their email, it goes to https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/policies/#community-guidelines which refuses to show in anything but german. if i change language it just redirects back to german lollol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

maybe having a massive lovely playlist is Spam, irreführende Metadaten und Betrug?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the machine learning future is pretty irreführende in general

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Powaqoatse posted:

maybe having a massive lovely playlist is Spam, irreführende Metadaten und Betrug?

wow if you think this kind of language is ok its no wonder you're getting banned from youtube

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

you know what i probably drunkenly yelled at racists in the comments too much and they couldnt find anything of mine to flag so they flagged my favorites playlist

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Powaqoatse posted:

:pwn:

it was just old comedy stuff and 90s music videos what the hell

i use my "favorites" as the default dump for "video i'd like to watch again someday" and it's like 500 videos long. i never make new playlists. if youtube had feelings it would probably be frustrated that i was not giving them valuable metadata to harvest the adrogithm with to sell the content clicks into montezization google distujpttavgdddvcccccccccccccccccc

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

add to "watch later" is two clicks and a wait, so yeah same

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Powaqoatse posted:

you know what i probably drunkenly yelled at racists in the comments too much and they couldnt find anything of mine to flag so they flagged my favorites playlist

that’s a good sign, keep doing it

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:vince:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

uuhhhhh what

quote:

Hi Powaqoatse,

Thank you for submitting your playlist appeal to YouTube.

After further review, we have determined that your playlist doesn't violate our Community Guidelines.

- The YouTube Team

i didnt even get to appealing cause i couldnt figure it out in 10 seconds so i gave up

lmao

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 9, 2017

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Link your too hot for Google playlist

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
the favorites Google didn't want you to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cheekio posted:

Link your too hot for Google playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4aqM_wu6Ns

• Locked thread