Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Facebook nudie inspectors will be under mysterious orders to forward all images similar to this to gerbrekcuz@facebook.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

my buddy shortrd SNAP for $50k but it was 2 am and he was drunk and shorted SNA instead which just announced a share buyback and is up 15% lmao.

:owned:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Absolutely

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shifty Pony posted:

Facebook nudie inspectors will be under mysterious orders to forward all images similar to this to gerbrekcuz@facebook.com

the fuckerberg has no use for nudes

https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/916040090505359361

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

she is AC and i am DC it would never work

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah that's right motherfuckers i just made a loving Pluto Nash joke what are you gonna do about it pussy bitch fuk u

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
reminder that that movie had Hilary Clinton on the money

a woman on American money lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FrozenVent posted:

reminder that that movie had Hilary Clinton on the money

a woman on American money lol

uh there's been women on american money more than once

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm not too sure where to ask this, but I work for a tech start up and we are getting equity....what should I be aware of, ask about or any resources I can look at? You all are "in tech" and I see discussions about this so I figured I'd ask....

Also what's a real easy way to tell if I'm getting hosed?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my consulting fee is $500/hr

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Waroduce posted:

Also what's a real easy way to tell if I'm getting hosed?

Waroduce posted:

I work for a tech start up and we are getting equity.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Tbf they've been in buisness for 4 years and are highly highly profitable. I guess maybe not a start up anymore?

They plan to sell in approx 3-5 years

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you're never gonna get rich
usually the way to value it is at $0
but you could just value it at strike price, given the derisking from it being profitable and poo poo
exercise if you feel like it, but don't think you're gonna get rich

don't go into startupland for the money, go into it for technical interest and interesting loving weirdo people

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you're never gonna get rich
usually the way to value it is at $0
but you could just value it at strike price, given the derisking from it being profitable and poo poo
exercise if you feel like it, but don't think you're gonna get rich

don't go into startupland for the money, go into it for technical interest and interesting loving weirdo people

I'm here for the money OP. I am not a coder though I do implementation and am client facing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Waroduce posted:

I'm here for the money OP. I am not a coder though I do implementation and am client facing

you are getting hosed

congrats

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
new tesla plan: ramp up production volume by buying all our manufacturing subcontractors

no, i'm not sure how that's supposed to work either

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
It's smartest man in the room syndrome again. Obviously the problem cannot lie with us, because we are the smartest. It must be a problem with one of those dumb contractors who successfully makes two million seats per year for every other car company.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

new tesla plan: ramp up production volume by buying all our manufacturing subcontractors

no, i'm not sure how that's supposed to work either

I mean, getting vertically integrated isn't necessarily a bad thing in terms of efficiency but it isn't going to add the missing zero that their production numbers need?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

isn't one of tesla's problems specifically that they have too much inventory of parts from suppliers?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

let's build a car that runs on java

just-in-time manufacturing, what is that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Endless Mike posted:

isn't one of tesla's problems specifically that they have too much inventory of parts from suppliers?

well then problem solved! under new tesla management, they wont be able to manufacture any parts and the extra inventory will no longer be a problem :)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Strike price is zero dollars.....party time or run?

Hurdle price is 0...

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 9, 2017

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Endless Mike posted:

yeah but obviously that's the supplier's fault

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Waroduce posted:

Strike price is zero dollars.....party time or run?

Hurdle price is 0...

are you taking a cut in base salary u quality of life on the hope that these shares will be worth something later?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

also go to the job hunting / recruiting thread. this is the lol at bublé thread

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

im actually seeing it now, self-driving cars will continue to be fragile snowflakes in traffic, but in the us specifically this will be solved by giving them guns, and having them stand their ground

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, getting vertically integrated isn't necessarily a bad thing in terms of efficiency but it isn't going to add the missing zero that their production numbers need?

There's a reason most car companies use one of a few seat builders to provide the seats rather than build their own

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Endless Mike posted:

this is seriously bozo town in modern manufacturing. contributes so much to quality issues.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fishmech posted:

There's a reason most car companies use one of a few seat builders to provide the seats rather than build their own

Yeah, it's not a good idea but I can understand how/why Ol' Muskie *thinks* it's a good idea.

What I don't understand is how/why he thinks this will somehow solve the missing zero problem I mentioned.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

also go to the job hunting / recruiting thread. this is the lol at bublé thread

Ok thnx

E: what's it called :(

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah, it's not a good idea but I can understand how/why Ol' Muskie *thinks* it's a good idea.

What I don't understand is how/why he thinks this will somehow solve the missing zero problem I mentioned.

there is a real chance this is an entirely pragmatic solution to the supplier otherwise suing tesla for not ramping as quickly as they promised in some contract

since tesla will need further funding going forward the value in not being too public with such failures is vast

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

twitter: fine. if we can't verify nazis we just won't verify anybody. how about that?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

burn twitter to the ground and drag jack dorsey kicking and screaming out into the streets

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
where's that tweet the other day that was something like

me: hi I'm white and I'd like to get verified
twitter *excitedly*: white supremacist???
me: no, just white
twitter *dejectedly*: never mind then

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
twitter is a nazi company

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i never understood the "why's this horrible guy got a checkmark" outrage

isn't the whole point to tell if an account belongs to a noteworthy person?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

flakeloaf posted:

its dumb internet e-peen but yes it's tactfully going "this neo-naz is good and important and we should not ban him, infact lets give them extra validatiion for being a nazi"

andinitially was used to say @marthastewert_host is actually the real martha stewart, not @marthastewart since you could register w/e. now its mostly dumb

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

flakeloaf posted:

it wasn't even supposed to be just noteworthy people. the idea was that anyone could get the checkmark by sending in their driver's license or w/e and then people know it's Really You tweeting.

that would be believable and fine except that twitter refuses to verify some people who want it despite them confirming their identity (*cough* lowtax) and also removes verifications as a punishment

so when they say "verification was never meant to be an endorsement, just a confirmation of identity" it's clearly horseshit, both in how people interpret it and also how twitter themselves use it

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 9, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haveblue posted:

where's that tweet the other day that was something like

me: hi I'm white and I'd like to get verified
twitter *excitedly*: white supremacist???
me: no, just white
twitter *dejectedly*: never mind then

lmao

also drat thats hard to search for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

yep I’m deleting my twitter account. gently caress them

seriously considering nuking my Facebook as well but that’s harder

• Locked thread