Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Poisoned, wounded and without a chance to recover from being tonked by Watchdog Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Poisoned, wounded and without a chance to recover from being tonked by Watchdog Dog.

One of life's cruelest truths, Josuke, is that you never really recover from being tonked by Watchdog Man.

You just have to learn to live with it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

RareAcumen posted:

He's poisoned atm and still largely matching him in combat despite that.

he's getting owned by crazy robot tech more than genos's speed, it's not like the watchdog-man attack would have worked if he was 100%

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
garo has been fighting eccentric humans. that's where all of his skills and experience lie.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Genos is strong and handsome

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

One of life's cruelest truths, Josuke, is that you never really recover from being tonked by Watchdog Man.

You just have to learn to live with it.

He's Watchdog Dog

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Fartbox posted:

Genos is strong and handsome

Neither of these things change the fact that he is dunked on constantly and does not deserve his S ranking.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

SpacePig posted:

Neither of these things change the fact that he is dunked on constantly and does not deserve his S ranking.

Genos has more wins than losses. Also he consistently kills Demons which is like the only requirement for S rank.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

skaianDestiny posted:

Genos has more wins than losses. Also he consistently kills Demons which is like the only requirement for S rank.
Not to mention he's still more powerful than someone like Puri-puri Prisoner, and any A Rank Hero we've seen so far..

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SpacePig posted:

lmao have you seen everyone else in the Heroes Association below him? Sweet Mask is probably the one person with Remarkable Strength not in S Rank, maybe Fubuki at 100%. Apparently theres a ONE interview where he says that Genos is in even in the upper tier of S Rank, Idk if I believe that but Genos has more than earned his keep.

Motherfucker almost died to save a little girl, respect him

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 9, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I thought Sweet Mask could be S rank but he stayed in A to keep out people that weren't stronger than him from advancing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Expect My Mom posted:

Motherfucker almost died to save a little girl, respect him

You know what? I honestly forgot about that. Okay, yeah, Genos is a good hero. My bad. He's getting harder to break as well, so he's improving too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Thank you, I'm glad you see, he's a good boy and probably one of the couple selfless capital H Heroes in S Class

Radish posted:

I thought Sweet Mask could be S rank but he stayed in A to keep out people that weren't stronger than him from advancing.
Yeah totally but we've never seen him do anything but mulch aliens with...mind powers? Energy? I dunno, so hey maybe Tank Top Master could beat him

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
A good Jobber has to be shown as strong and competent most of the time, or it doesn't mean anything when they job to the proper villain.

Therefore Genos is strong and competent most of the time, unless it's an opponent Saitama is going to be (or has been) fighting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Expect My Mom posted:

Thank you, I'm glad you see, he's a good boy and probably one of the couple selfless capital H Heroes in S Class

Yeah totally but we've never seen him do anything but mulch aliens with...mind powers? Energy? I dunno, so hey maybe Tank Top Master could beat him

Nah he was just really loving strong.
Also he apparently can just Nanto Seiken motherfuckers:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 9, 2017

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
nonono it's much funnier to say Genos is weak and gets jobbed over and over

and over

and over and over and over

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Yeah, that's very true. And then there are fights where he loses horribly, like with Watchdog Man. Thank goodness for his unexplained ability to grow stronger and faster just by beating people up or by being beaten up.

He's a Saiyan. OPM Vegeta. Check that sweet hair and widow's peak.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've always liked Vegeta, and I like Garou, so that checks out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

Yeah, this is accurate. Go re-read the tournament arc, after a point he leaves to go kill monsters and spends like half of the chapter just mercing demon-classes before that cockroach and Monster Association one beat him.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Expect My Mom posted:

lmao have you seen everyone else in the Heroes Association below him? Sweet Mask is probably the one person with Remarkable Strength not in S Rank, maybe Fubuki at 100%.

Caped Baldy

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

What are you talking about? A CB-class hero couldn't possibly be that strong. He's clearly conning his way up the Association.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

That guy steals all the credit from the real heros dude.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

People say that Genos sucks and doesn't deserve his ranking but he only really seems to get dunked on by insanely powerful opponents that other s rank fighters have trouble dealing with. Dude's just got bad luck in his fights.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Listen guys, Genos is pretty cool, but he's no Pig God

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Genos is the clear weakest link in the principal OPM cast, which is a shame because he'd be a solid contender in any other manga but he's up against some characters in this series who are just so far and away the greatest that he can't compare.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a bit like Mob Psycho where there are so many elite level ultimate best boys but they're not best boy because the best boy in Mob Psycho is the best boy in anything ever, including IRL.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Teru is the Genos of Mob Psycho, a cool strong dude who here is to get owned

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nah he was just really loving strong.
Also he apparently can just Nanto Seiken motherfuckers:

I feel like the anime colored this attack blue and it made me think Sweet Mask had some Esper-esque abilities but maybe im crazy

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Monaghan posted:

People say that Genos sucks and doesn't deserve his ranking but he only really seems to get dunked on by insanely powerful opponents that other s rank fighters have trouble dealing with. Dude's just got bad luck in his fights.

I think the problem with S rank is that it goes from PriPri Prisoner, who I don't think has won a fight yet against any real threats, to Tatsumaki, who is the most powerful hero we've seen yet and arguably could've brought down Boros' ship by herself if Saitama hadn't beaten her to it. It's hard to gauge who does and does not belong in S rank when your top and bottom are so far apart.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpacePig posted:

I think the problem with S rank is that it goes from PriPri Prisoner, who I don't think has won a fight yet against any real threats, to Tatsumaki, who is the most powerful hero we've seen yet and arguably could've brought down Boros' ship by herself if Saitama hadn't beaten her to it. It's hard to gauge who does and does not belong in S rank when your top and bottom are so far apart.

I mean, I think we can safely say Watchdog Man belongs there, given that he keeps the most dangerous (non-Z) city under control on his own. Though some of the people above him are surprising, I think it's at least fair to say that those around or above his level definitely "deserve" to be S-Class.

Pri-Pri-Prisoner, though, seems like a high A-Class at best, yeah. I wonder if he placed there directly; I doubt he'd have gotten past Sweet Mask if he had to work his way up, but at the same time he doesn't seem like he should have placed there outright either, so, I don't know.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

SpacePig posted:

You forgot Free Hugger, how dare you.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
My favorite part of the chapter was Genos turning his greatest weakness, dropping his guard and losing an arm, into an attack

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

How do you gauge Pri Pri prisoners strength anyway? He fought the sea king and lost but we don't really know just how powerful the sea king was

Beyond that all I remember is him getting some good hits in on that mudmonster in the boros saga

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
He seems clearly above any of the A-class besides Sweet Mask. Even Fubuki at 100% is unlikely to be able to stop him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fellis posted:

My favorite part of the chapter was Genos turning his greatest weakness, dropping his guard and losing an arm, into an attack

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Expect My Mom posted:

Teru is the Genos of Mob Psycho, a cool strong dude who here is to get owned

I feel like the anime colored this attack blue and it made me think Sweet Mask had some Esper-esque abilities but maybe im crazy

eh
It's anime shorthand for slicing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3har31wCkg&t=23s

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Can you pull off the Genos look?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Can you pull off the Genos look?

Yes.

I've been doing the "abject failure" aesthetic for a solid 29 years.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Apparently the next chapter's gonna be 100 pages long. ONE's rough draft itself was about 50 pages.

Jesus.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

skaianDestiny posted:

Apparently the next chapter's gonna be 100 pages long. ONE's rough draft itself was about 50 pages.

Jesus.

Now watch Murata have it done by like Dec 1st or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

skaianDestiny posted:

Jesus.

That'll be a nice Christmas present.