Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hulu on Switch finally means Seinfeld anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
The real switch news is Uno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XQduS6IfA

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hulu is awesome if, like me you only have OTA TV and no DVR. Most network TV shows up on it quickly. Fox and NBC for example stagger their Hulu releases of shoes 24 hours after the actual airing. I’d rarely get to watching dvr’ed shows within 24 hours anyway, so for me Hulu is not a downgrade at all.

If you don’t watch network TV it’s not as exciting to get the Hulu app.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Happy Octodad Day, when are we getting an Octodad Amiibo?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hulu is terrible because it doesn’t exist in Finland

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is hulu the one where they run ads even though you're paying for it?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You can pay extra for no ads!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol the Treehouse guy sitting stone-faced in a suit next to a gamexplain goob.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hulu kinda sucks because some shows don’t keep the whole season up.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If anyone wants to watch 50 minutes of Anime Video Game coming to the Switch here you go

This is looking pretty drat good and it will apparently contain an insane amount of content. The music that you hear in this video is super catchy like a lot of themes from the first Xenoblade. I'm sold.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

good question! i know licensing deals are different overseas and I have no idea if Always Sunny is staying on there .

if I want a roguelite action game from the eshop what should I grab? already played the poo poo out of Binding of Isaac (I'll probably rebuy Enter The Gungeon when it comes out though because I haven't played any of the new content and I would love to play it in handheld mode) -- Gonner and Tumbleseed both look cool but I don't really know anything about either. Open to other suggestions too if they exist

I love Boi so I bought gonner and I found it pretty boring, not a lot of content either

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

a day ago I heard It's Always Sunny was being taken off Netflix and going to Hulu. Now Hulu is on Switch. God what are you telling me

Hulu is trash and unless you pay extra you're going to see 10 of the same ads for a TOUGH CHEVY TRUCK during every show

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I use Hulu more than Netflix and I'm glad the switch is finally getting some media streaming. :shobon:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
When's Crunchyroll getting added to Switch

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

When's Crunchyroll getting added to Switch

After that malware incident? Who knows

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Physical edition of Lost Sphear is only in the SE store? Shame. No digital here.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
hulu on switch? great now they wont be able to finish metroid prime until 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/928711036215201792

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Improbable Lobster posted:

After that malware incident? Who knows

It was just a DNS hijack, so the only issue for apps was "It doesn't work."

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MarcusSA posted:

Hulu kinda sucks because some shows don’t keep the whole season up.

The UI is insane and terrible.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Well poo poo I think that was literally like every bug it had

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Well poo poo I think that was literally like every bug it had

I haven't had any crashes but I'm also still on Y1. The save times have been a mass pain though so hopefully they cut them in half at least, and even that would still be a tad long.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

pixaal posted:

I haven't had any crashes but I'm also still on Y1. The save times have been a mass pain though so hopefully they cut them in half at least, and even that would still be a tad long.

I was getting the crackly audio thing whenever I'd play for a long time

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

pixaal posted:

The crashes seem to have been caused by having gaps in your inventory/chests and the Switch version not having a proper sanity check for it.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Know what would be perfect on Switch?

https://twitter.com/GamingHistorian/status/928709738375852034

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh my god I can video record my farming?!

(I do wonder if they fixed children spawning OOB in your house, I've also had it happen with my cat, but it's hilarious so I don't care)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Xenoblade 2 sidequest DLC: The Golden Girl Titan! Travel to the Golden Girl Titan and follow a new side story with unique blades and quests while transversing on the back of a giant Titan Betty White

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

target sent me an email updating the release date of xc2, and in clicking through to the store page it's now updated as being the special edition if you're one of the ones who caught the $60 preorder that was marked down from $99.99.

https://www.target.com/p/xenoblade-chronicles-2-nintendo-switch/-/A-52161287

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was getting the crackly audio thing whenever I'd play for a long time

Same. In dock but not a long session while portable, but probably unrelated.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I have no idea why but Fantasy Life scratched a gaming itch that basically no other game had before (or has since) and so gently caress it I'm buying the cat game

Try ever oasis. It's giving me the same kind of adventuring feel that fantasy life did.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rolo posted:

Worse than Funimation's UI? :ohdear:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Xenoblade 2 sidequest DLC: The Golden Girl Titan! Travel to the Golden Girl Titan and follow a new side story with unique blades and quests while transversing on the back of a giant Titan Betty White

Betty White Blade or GTFO.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I would like to watch The Golden Girls, whether it's on my Switch or some other device.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Betty White Amiibo or GTFO.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

what if seinfeld on switch

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

SeANMcBAY posted:

what if seinfeld on switch

seinfeld on switch wh

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"What does your amiibo do?"

"It gives you an in-game complimentary card to use."

"And what does that do?"

"You get an in-game compliment."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rolo posted:

In general of just on the switch? Cuz the Hulu UI is better than Netflix.

But any UI on an Apple TV are shittier than poo poo.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

the Hulu UI is better than Netflix.

I avidly use both and will never understand how you reached this conclusion

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
LA Noire Switch trailer dropped. Graphics look on par with my midrange gaming pc but more importantly they changed the options for interrogations! They’re now “Good Cop, Bad Cop, and Accuse” which tracks with his responses MUCH more accurately then freaking “Truth, Doubt, Lie”.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I avidly use both and will never understand how you reached this conclusion

I do the vast majority of my streaming on an Apple TV. Netflix is hot garbage on Apple TV. Hulu is just bad.

Netflix UI across the board has gotten worse and worse over the years. They try to push all their "original" crap on you to the extent it can be hard to find anything unless you use the search function.

Looking at each on a web page, they are basically the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Deadbeat is an incredible Hulu Original

• Locked thread