Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So apparently the interrogation options for the LA Noire remaster are being changed from truth/doubt/lie to Good Cop/ Bad Cop / Accuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

fruit on the bottom posted:

So apparently the interrogation options for the LA Noire remaster are being changed from truth/doubt/lie to Good Cop/ Bad Cop / Accuse

lol what

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

I'm fine with this. They make more sense.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Manatee Cannon posted:

man I really need a switch

I bought a switch “because I have kids and also the Mario might be fun yadda yadda and honestly I play the Switch nearly every day and my PS4 only when the exclusives or big triple A titles come out. Switch is a wonderful console.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

I bought a switch “because I have kids and also the Mario might be fun yadda yadda and honestly I play the Switch nearly every day and my PS4 only when the exclusives or big triple A titles come out. Switch is a wonderful console.

I'm not hating on the Switch, but isn't that basically saying I only use my PS4 when I'm playing anything but a Nintendo game?

Switch is rad, but people talk like it has way more games than it does. I can count everything interesting on it on one hand (not that it's bad thing, system is only 8 months old).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not hating on the Switch, but isn't that basically saying I only use my PS4 when I'm playing anything but a Nintendo game?

Switch is rad, but people talk like it has way more games than it does. I can count everything interesting on it on one hand (not that it's bad thing, system is only 8 months old).

A lot of switch owners are buying every little indie game that comes out cause they havent been trained to expect them as member give aways like psn did to me

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

yeah wheres the yell at grieving widow option

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
'Doubt' was originally labelled 'Force' and was intended to antagonize the suspect to draw them out, to be used if you had no evidence to prove they're lying. This is why Cole gets aggressive and over-the-top. Of course, in the betas, you could also just beat the subjects until they talked....

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They're both amazing and I'm glad I bought a PS4 :dukedoge:

Nah, your first intuition was right. It's Bloodborne.

Fuzz posted:

Really? Weird, I thought 4 was excellent, and a refreshing bit of closure after 3, which sorta sucked and had a weird narrative.

Good to know, though. Guess I'll grab it.

I'm of the same mind with 4. I had a good time playing it but it felt kind of unnecessary and was always in the shadow of tlou, and they ruined the multiplayer. UC3 is probably my favorite in the series at this point, maybe not as far as cohesion is concerned but for memorable narrative/setpiece moments.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

4 is definitely the best, most cohesive Uncharted.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

4 is definitely the best, most cohesive Uncharted.

Except it's the one I played least and will never replay.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I played it three times for the platinum, but when I say that I'm talking about poo poo like the story and overall pacing. The gunplay feels best in 4, and while people really like the grenade throwback in 3 it kind of ruins that game, which should be about forcing you into constant motion and run-and-gun tactics. Also 3 has some garbage combat arenas, while 4 has some of the best in the series.

Also 3's pacing is loving dire, there's incredibly long segments with little to no combat that drag on replays.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The best Uncharted is 2, but 1 is the one I enjoy the most :)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Arist posted:

Also 3's pacing is loving dire, there's incredibly long segments with little to no combat that drag on replays.

I feel this way about 4 more than any of the other games.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I used my PSNow trial to try the Uncharted 1 and it was alright but I wasn’t really feeling the combat. Does it get better/should I just pick up the remasters instead?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

I played it three times for the platinum, but when I say that I'm talking about poo poo like the story and overall pacing. The gunplay feels best in 4, and while people really like the grenade throwback in 3 it kind of ruins that game, which should be about forcing you into constant motion and run-and-gun tactics. Also 3 has some garbage combat arenas, while 4 has some of the best in the series.

Grenade throwback is amazing, and 3 is paced far better than 4, which is saying something. 2 has the best pacing, but a poo poo story. The series is top quality from a technical perspective but I don't see the games having a high bar to cross with regard to narrative content, Indiana Jones being daft source material in the first place. So combat, platforming setpieces, and NPC banter would be the chief draw. Within that framework 3 comes out best for me.

TLoU smashes them all, and the downgrade from it to UC4 was extremely distracting, because when UC4 tries to be serious and methodical it just falls flat.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The serious parts of Uncharted 4 are the good parts of that game. The series finally telling a legitimately compelling story was great.

I used my PSNow trial to try the Uncharted 1 and it was alright but I wasn't really feeling the combat. Does it get better/should I just pick up the remasters instead?

Uncharted 1 sets up the characters but is inessential (and has the worst combat), 2 is excellent.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I used my PSNow trial to try the Uncharted 1 and it was alright but I wasn’t really feeling the combat. Does it get better/should I just pick up the remasters instead?

Just remember, don't play it like a strict cover based shooter, change position and be aggro and nutty, and the game will feel more natural. They refined things in the sequels so that it all flows and trains the player better. The whole series is worth playing, but not in rapid succession.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

The serious parts of Uncharted 4 are the good parts of that game. The series finally telling a legitimately compelling story was great.

But it wasn't compelling it was just monotonous, anyways, how about agree to disagree? :)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Please stop playing single player story driven games 3 times over for a meaningless trophy. Why the gently caress are you doing this to yourself?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked the game a lot and wanted to play it more.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I've played Half Life 2 more times than most other games put together. I loving love that game. I'd play it any amount of times

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Pick up the remasters, play UC 1 on easy (you’re just trying to get a feel for the characters and the world). Play the rest on Normal or Hard. Awesome experience. UC 2 is one of my favorite games ever. Between the set pieces, the dialogue, and even the combat (which I usually don’t dig very much) I loved it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Play single player games everyday day
gently caress you, EA.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I replay Max Payne 1 and 2 almost every year. I would replay MP3 more often if it didn't have have the loooooong unskippable "playable" cutscenes and the awful Panama stage.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, dude, I've beaten The Last of Us five times. I've done maybe seven runs of Persona 4. Playing Uncharted 4 three times is nothing, even if I did get stuck on that one bullshit fight for like two and a half hours on the hardest difficulty.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I would love to play Max Payne 2 again has that been released anywhere or would i have to fire up a ps2

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
How do those games hold up? I remember the dream sequence mazes, the comic book cutscenes, and the bullet-time diving but I can't help but feel that they're much less cool than I remember.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

Well it’s had like 8 rad games in 8 months of its launch year... and what I didn’t say but should have is I play Triple A games on PS4 but I’m finding less and less of those to be of interest to me. I rented Assassin’s Creed Origins and I hear it’s the best AC in some time but I’m still a bit unengaged and it’s buggy as gently caress. Mordor is just more (dor!) of the same.

I love my ps4. All’s I meant to say is I got Switch as a sedondary gap filler console and it fully Trojan horsed its way into my life.

It’s a great console and DEFINITELY a great second console.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

I would love to play Max Payne 2 again has that been released anywhere or would i have to fire up a ps2

Just buy it on steam for like 4 bucks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

now is about the time to get a Switch, esp because of the small QC issues that Nintendo fanbois vehemently refuse to admit exist

I had one and it was just sort of meh. I had BOTW on the wii-u so only options were subpar Wipeout, overpriced bomberman, or $50 8-bit remake

Have they released a new hardware iteration to fix issues?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

spudsbuckley posted:

Please stop playing single player story driven games 3 times over for a meaningless trophy. Why the gently caress are you doing this to yourself?

A single player game that makes you play through more than once (maybe twice) to get "everything" is a flawed game. And yes, I know what games that includes.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

spudsbuckley posted:

Could be worse. I have real life friends who are also my co-op buddies and we always start arguing in games when one of them wants to do some mindless grindy poo poo to get an achievemnt even though we haven't even beaten the story of a game.

My position is that life is too short to grind hours on end for some lovely steam achievement in a single game when I can literally play 2 more games' stories to completion in the same time.
They think you only really played a game when you 100% it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Have they released a new hardware iteration to fix issues?
The left joycon sync problem is fixed, what other issues where there? That's the only hardware bug I experienced with my launch-day Switch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hopper posted:

Could be worse. I have real life friends who are also my co-op buddies and we always start arguing in games when one of them wants to do some mindless grindy poo poo to get an achievemnt even though we haven't even beaten the story of a game.

My position is that life is too short to grind hours on end for some lovely steam achievement in a single game when I can literally play 2 more games' stories to completion in the same time.
They think you only really played a game when you 100% it.

Life isn't really short tho, especially for people who spend an enormous amount of luxury free time playing and posting about games. Life is actually a long time.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Life isn't really short tho, especially for people who spend an enormous amount of luxury free time playing and posting about games. Life is actually a long time.

No, it really isn't. http://www.paulgraham.com/vb.html

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sorry, life's too short to read your garbage :agesilaus:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

EA bought Respawn :rip:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

EA bought Respawn :rip:

Birth, death, and rebirth. It's all a natural part of the game dev cycle. When EA kills respawn, they will come back again as... drat, Respawn was a really apt name. Guess they can't recover from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
F