Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Velveteen Dream's Death Valley Bomb/cartwheel AA type move is good as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If Dream/Black doesn't end in them making out I'm going to be so disappointed

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope that Roddy Strong gets tiny little armor and a tiny little skull mask as gifts from his friends the Authors of Pain like Angle did with the Shield.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope that Roddy Strong gets tiny little armor and a tiny little skull mask as gifts from his friends the Authors of Pain like Angle did with the Shield.

Oh man, he is gonna look soooooooooo teeny compared to akam and rezar

edit: haha rezar is 6 inches taller and loving 130 pounds heavier than roddy

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Homoeroticism is the secret ingredient to a great feud and I’m trying to remember the last one that was as loaded. Maybe it was DBry / Haitch? Or Miz / Ziggler? Any time one wrestler has another tangled up in the ropes and slaps him around it is 100% smut on the screen.

The weird thing here is that they seem to be aware of it (at least with the Dream character) and yet not even really using it as subtext, it’s just a wink

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Homoeroticism is the secret ingredient to a great feud and I’m trying to remember the last one that was as loaded. Maybe it was DBry / Haitch? Or Miz / Ziggler? Any time one wrestler has another tangled up in the ropes and slaps him around it is 100% smut on the screen.

The weird thing here is that they seem to be aware of it (at least with the Dream character) and yet not even really using it as subtext, it’s just a wink

Sheamus vs. Ziggler

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Blasmeister posted:

Velveteen Dream's Death Valley Bomb/cartwheel AA type move is good as hell.

It really is. His elbow drop from the top rope is sick as hell too.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I've never done such a fast 180 on a dude like I have with Velveteen Dream. He has such good intensity now and it's easy to forget that he is huge.

Also, yes, Roddy definitely needs a tiny AoP outfit for War Games.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I've never done such a fast 180 on a dude like I have with Velveteen Dream. He has such good intensity now and it's easy to forget that he is huge.

Also, yes, Roddy definitely needs a tiny AoP outfit for War Games.

yeah dream went from a really dumb gimmick slapped on a guy who's young enough to live on and work another character to, well, gently caress it, i like this huge jacked man who loves prince.

patrick clark was gonna make something work, though, he's talented and loves wrestling.

also billie kay needs to be dumped that poo poo theme they gave to billie and peyton needs to be dumped, peyton royce is fine but yeah "iconic duo" is sucking air right now and has gone on way too long.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Billie Kay rules. Her Parasite Eve boss music rules. She and Peyton together rule. "Sweet Valley High Villains" is a great concept for a heel team. :colbert:

Pairing Roddy with the Authors of Pain is actually kind of making Roddy interesting to me, when he was just kind of "Another guy who is good at wrestling" before. Then again I am an unashamed AoP lover because I think I might have the worst wrestling opinions.

Like, I hope Ohno jobs to Lars because I love that terrifying flesh golem man. And I'm rooting for Dream over Black because I need SSJ2 Muscle-Prince on my television forever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Iconic Duo are good, they've just been the only heels in the women's division for months so they're suffering from overexposure

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Desumaytah posted:

Billie Kay rules. Her Parasite Eve boss music rules. She and Peyton together rule. "Sweet Valley High Villains" is a great concept for a heel team. :colbert:

Pairing Roddy with the Authors of Pain is actually kind of making Roddy interesting to me, when he was just kind of "Another guy who is good at wrestling" before. Then again I am an unashamed AoP lover because I think I might have the worst wrestling opinions.

Like, I hope Ohno jobs to Lars because I love that terrifying flesh golem man. And I'm rooting for Dream over Black because I need SSJ2 Muscle-Prince on my television forever.

If someone doesn't like the AOP then I think there mother is an rear end Hole

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AoP rule and yes Roddy absolutely needs his own baby-sized gear

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Instead of getting baby sized AOP gear, why not make Roddy paul ellering's new puppet? Like even ellering is a lot bigger th an roddy. Just have roddy sit on Paul's knee and pretend to talk while Paul throws his voice.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Kairi's really good, but I hope they punch up that entrance theme a little.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Wait wait wait we're going about this all wrong.

We need Akam and Rezar in trunks, track jackets, and lovely little boots.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

tweet my meat posted:

Kairi's really good, but I hope they punch up that entrance theme a little.

I really like Kairi and her elbow drop is a thing of great beauty, but I can't help but wonder how long it'll take before the "I smile and pat my elbow" thing starts to wear thin. What I'm saying is, I know she's only been around for a couple of months, but they need to give her something else to work with because she's clearly got a lot to offer.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Wait wait wait we're going about this all wrong.

We need Akam and Rezar in trunks, track jackets, and lovely little boots.

Just the imaginary sight of those two behemoths in Roddy's gear made me smile, so thank you friend :)

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Platypus Farm posted:

I really like Kairi and her elbow drop is a thing of great beauty, but I can't help but wonder how long it'll take before the "I smile and pat my elbow" thing starts to wear thin. What I'm saying is, I know she's only been around for a couple of months, but they need to give her something else to work with because she's clearly got a lot to offer.

Yeah she hasn't been doing much that really has me interested at all so far, but she's 100% got the skills to do so.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kairi will either be smiley pirate or baby asuka, forever. those are the options. they're both good

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah she hasn't been doing much that really has me interested at all so far, but she's 100% got the skills to do so.

Kairi's thing is getting the crowd into the match (see: STARDOM), as she is a super babyface. Also she was incredibly goofy in STARDOM. As of right now, what she does now is perfectly fine, as she's still learning English. Admittedly, she's learning it at a much faster pace than Asuka did.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I wonder who is the next signee that they will show in the audience during the show? Ricochet? Bram?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They should pair Kairi and Becky, if only because of the pun potential.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think people say its too early to put the title on Kairi right now, mostly because you have a vocal (although somewhat minor) part of the NXT viewer base screaming about how she's exactly like Asuka, including getting the same push (and being "undefeated"), and how WWE needs to stop pushing Japanese talent.

Then again, these same people also think Peyton Royce is the savior of the NXT Womens Division, so who cares. If Kairi loses at Takeover War Games, that throws out the whole Asuka-level push thing.

Kairi will probably be the last Japanese talent to go through NXT for awhile anyways, unless WWE decides to start looking at people like Hana Kimura or Mayu Iwatani. Which wouldn't shock me, considering Hana should be in the running for most improved female wrestler of 2017.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheCool69 posted:

I wonder who is the next signee that they will show in the audience during the show? Ricochet? Bram?

Probably not Bram with Ric and Charlotte still in the company but maybe his non-union American counterpart, Gunner.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ricochet's no-compete runs through January so don't get your hopes up for seeing him in the Takeover crowd.

I wonder if they stopped doing that "whoa who's that in the crowd?" thing now that everyone expects it and they tipped their hand on pending signings. They didn't even do one in Brooklyn.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Kairi will probably be the last Japanese talent to go through NXT for awhile anyways, unless WWE decides to start looking at people like Hana Kimura or Mayu Iwatani. Which wouldn't shock me, considering Hana should be in the running for most improved female wrestler of 2017.

unless they go after men again this January. No clue who that would be, just saying they still have room for at least one more Japanese guy in all likelihood.

and I don't think Ricochet would debut in NXT anyways, if he talks to their standards he can go straight into the main roster. Wonder which date in January that no-compete expires...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sometimes they should put people in the crowd who aren't signing. That way, there is indisputable evidence that merely showing someone who happens to be at your show does not interfere with a no-compete clause. the person can say they did not wish to be filmed. the person should have their real name show up underneath them, and an explanation of where they are signed to. if they get fired because of this, it's not the company's fault and even if it is, no one will care pretty quick. it's a win/win/win situation

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They should find that 700 pound fan in the red shirt and have him in the look who's here spot at Takeover. That would be good.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
At Takeover: Houston, we will finally be able to Feast Our Eyes on Donovan Dijak.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Probably not Bram with Ric and Charlotte still in the company but maybe his non-union American counterpart, Gunner.

it’s still crazy to me that fuckin Gunner of all people got signed

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Bard Maddox posted:

it’s still crazy to me that fuckin Gunner of all people got signed

I agree. They need to sign Murphy as well. Bring back the best tag team, Gunner and Murphy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As someone who has little-to-no knowledge of random TNA midcarders, tell me why I'm supposed to give a poo poo about Gunner.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

As someone who has little-to-no knowledge of random TNA midcarders, tell me why I'm supposed to give a poo poo about Gunner.

You aren't.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Aphrodite posted:

You aren't.

Okay

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His signing doesn't really make much sense, there's nothing special about him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he's just a guy with nothing special. He does an ok intense muscle man thing but WWE/NXT have a lot of those.

And he's gotta be near 40. Its odd.

Did Crazy Steve get signed too? At what point does it kind of feel like WCW just signing every random guy just to do it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They declined to sign Steve.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

They declined to sign Steve.

Too crazzy, it's sad. smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
During his tryout they realised he was effectively blind.

• Locked thread