Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Or post something really loving stupid that you knew was going to get you perma'd.

Again.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeI8gLMl9Vs

I strut and inflate my air sacs in mourning for Avshalom.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Even the mods knew, they were just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sad that they probably won't be so lenient next time. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

on the plus side with their funding being cut and trump being trump do you think the secret service are really going to chase up everything?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what does the secret service do about australians calling for assassinations anyway? can't imagine it's literally nothing, but idk what they can really do about it either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hello is this.... 'permabanned user avshalom a.k.a. the old ceremony a.k.a. weird otter man'? We would like you to answer questions about your threat to devour President Trump with your vagina.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the secret service routinely shows up to intimidate american citizens who say the president should be shot, i dont think they can quite do that to citizens of other countries but i wouldnt be surprised to hear they had some kind of deal going with similar governmental organizations in say, other five eyes countries

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i will admit to having immediately done an sa search for username weird otter man

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i think the problem was they showed up at lowtax's door, which is what made it a bannable offense to begin with

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

im permabanned poster avshalom. i first started reading something awful when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "trump" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "my rear end has pastel colours and rounded edges, Sad!" and "less cute, more nipples" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "liberal" style of something awful was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking into the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" something awful to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Avshalom is pure jouissance

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AriadneThread posted:

i think the problem was they showed up at lowtax's door, which is what made it a bannable offense to begin with

It's this. You can split hairs over what's bannable and what's not, but threatening a politican's life is not debatable in any way shape or form.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Who is Avshalom?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Galvanik posted:

Who is Avshalom?

Think John Galt, minus all the objectivist and Ayn Rand baggage, and with a vulva that can crush a man's head

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Galvanik posted:

Who is Avshalom?

they were performing the rites of the old ceremony

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

PMush Perfect posted:

Even the mods knew, they were just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sad that they probably won't be so lenient next time. :(

They already have a new account and are posting in a thread with a mod who knows it's them so don't be sad

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Booourns posted:

They already have a new account and are posting in a thread with a mod who knows it's them so don't be sad

it's weird how you keep such close tabs on her

.... Unless you're the official account of the secret service?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Why did it take so long for Scalie Schoolie to come back? It feels like years...

It had an update on Halloween and the recent strips are continuing the beach arc.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Galvanik posted:

Who is Avshalom?

A crazy lady from Australia who loved weird birds and self-medicated by shitposting in webcomic threads. Hobbies include posting fart fetish stories in D&D and repeatedly threatening to kill the president for reasons.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
i guess this is goodbye forever avashalom. goodbye forever i guess! i hope they have webcomics in the city where your dad's new job is. "sayonara"!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

A crazy lady from Australia who loved weird birds and self-medicated by shitposting in webcomic threads. Hobbies include posting fart fetish stories in D&D and repeatedly threatening to kill the president for reasons.

I begin to dance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I wish I could be her friend because I too love birds and self-medicating.

Didn't she get perma'd the first time for threatening to unbirth the president? Because that is a hell of a legacy.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

I wish I could be her friend because I too love birds and self-medicating.

Didn't she get perma'd the first time for threatening to unbirth the president? Because that is a hell of a legacy.
Yep. It was an amazing post, apart from the fact that it breaks all the rules.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

See now I have this thought in my mind, "Imagine if somehow people around her knew that this was said."

Like can you imagine being well-known for being the person who threatened to engulf the US President with your Vagina and what other people's reactions to it would be?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

Think John Galt, minus all the objectivist and Ayn Rand baggage, and with a vulva that can crush a man's head

Weird hermit in a canyon? Yeah that squares with what I've heard

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

khy posted:

Like can you imagine being well-known for being the person who threatened to engulf the US President with your Vagina and what other people's reactions to it would be?
If only :allears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tollymain posted:

also i will admit to having immediately done an sa search for username weird otter man

It was Enhytra Ludis or something else similar to a scientific name for otters. Made a lot of posts in an earlier lbgt thread about trying to understand the concept of homosexuality.

It was art.

Speaking of weird lbgt art, today in El Goonish Shive a 15 year ish plot point finally hit?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El Goonish Shive is still going?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Archenteron posted:

today in El Goonish Shive a 15 year ish plot point finally hit?

What is that thing on her face? Is that Elliot's stand? His Shadow? Did his Shadow just go Super Saiyan?

Dan.... Dan why. Really, there's nothing wrong with EGS being a TF fetish comic, no one's gonna judge you. Be confident in who you are! That, or start a comic that isn't swamped in 15 years of "ideas I had when I was a teenager".

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's the weird aberration that possesses people, possessing her.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why does it look like something thrown together in arts n crafts out of whatever was lying around

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

khy posted:

See now I have this thought in my mind, "Imagine if somehow people around her knew that this was said."

I sincerely hope that Avshalom is as much a hero in her hometown as she is in my heart

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Archenteron posted:

Speaking of weird lbgt art, today in El Goonish Shive a 15 year ish plot point finally hit?

Does that mean the comic is finally buttoning down all its arcs?

Great! Just 10 years til it finally ends!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How long did Tim say his dad had been dead? Wasn't it 15 years?

E: and that effect looks familiar, what was it used for before?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That guy is totally future Tim and not his dad, unless Tim is his own dad.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Dabir posted:

How long did Tim say his dad had been dead? Wasn't it 15 years?

E: and that effect looks familiar, what was it used for before?

It's the colors of the crystal palace Tackleford's magic creatures constructed in a pocket dimension when their fields got paved over.

The "magic floating rectangles" in those colors appear around Lottie when she's narrating the story to Shelley here and here.

So maybe it's not real time travel, but fairy mischief?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks to me like they have differently shaped noses and ears, but whatever Stan is it's time travelling. He did say 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I liked it more when it seemed like it was just leading to Tim being plain old crazy and closing the book on the bizarre adventures of Shelly.

Giant Days is so much more enjoyable for me these days I was really hoping Allison would switch to a more grounded series for the webcomics.