Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I'm never in my life going to listen to 'Til Death Do Us Blart, but I'm always delighted to know that it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Paul Blart 2 is worth it for the bird fight.

I hadn't realized we were so close to a new episode and now I'm super hyped.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I might one day, if I'm ever so low in life that I think watching a Kevin James movie is the solution to whatever problem I'm having.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

caligulamprey posted:

Paul Blart 2 is worth it for the bird fight.

The bit with the banana that they called out as the only other good scene was also pretty funny. I'll never watch the entire movie but I'm glad to know about those two segments.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just watch the banana scene and you’re good to go.

https://youtu.be/txSg0WZRS3E

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I just want to fast forward like five years to the seventh/eigth episode of Til Death Do Us Blart where the hosts are having meltdowns trying to glean any aspect of comedy from this terrible comedy-less movie.

Bird and banana scenes excluded, obvs.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've watched Paul Blart 2 three times, and it's exactly as bad as it sounds.

The only redemption is knowing that these five guys have been cursed to watch it until the end of time.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Realized I forgot to listen to it last year so now I have TWO YEARS' WORTH OF PODCAST

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I've never watched it, but I feel like I don't really need to since I'll get a yearly recap of the entire movie by five hilarious gentlemen.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

You 100% don't need to watch the movie to listen to the podcast, and the podcast is great, so listen to it.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Personally I'm looking forward to the next episode of The McElroy Brothers Will Be In Trolls 2.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I quite like travis’ doctor who podcast, the pitch for it sounded like it was going to be cloyingly positive and uncritical but they give series one the dressing down it deserves. Hopefully they will also cure themselves of their Tennant mania when they finally get to the good Capaldi eps.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mikedawson posted:

Personally I'm looking forward to the next episode of The McElroy Brothers Will Be In Trolls 2.

I can't wait until the movie comes out so I can finally learn what characters they were cast as.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

SpacePig posted:

I can't wait until the movie comes out so I can finally learn what characters they were cast as.

taako, magnus, and angus

edit: sorry, it's actually that they're all playing Tit Liquid

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

MaxFun just sent me a promo for the new podcast "Switchblade Sisters", and I'm pumped. Women discussing their favorite genre films.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2gkl8a9Ys Video trailer
Itunes link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id1308692838

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

MaxFun just sent me a promo for the new podcast "Switchblade Sisters", and I'm pumped. Women discussing their favorite genre films.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2gkl8a9Ys Video trailer
Itunes link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id1308692838

That's been in the Listener Panel feed for a while. Are you subscribed to that?

So far they've released pilots of Behind the Groove, Go Fact Yourself, Who Shot Ya, Switchblade Sisters, as well as an episode from an existing podcast called Story Break (From the guys behind Video Game High School or something)

http://www.maximumfun.org/listenerpanel

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

story break seemed interesting but i haven't listened to any back episodes. go fact yourself had a really bad pilot but now i'm hearing people on other podcasts talk about having been on and their experiences/expert topics make it seem worth a second listen. who shot ya has been great from the pilot though.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

dogsicle posted:

story break seemed interesting but i haven't listened to any back episodes. go fact yourself had a really bad pilot but now i'm hearing people on other podcasts talk about having been on and their experiences/expert topics make it seem worth a second listen. who shot ya has been great from the pilot though.

I subscribed to Story Break after MaxFun put it in the panel. It's pretty good. I've listened to 24 episodes of ~30 so far. One of the hosts (Matt Arnold) spends a lot of time interrupting and talking over his co-hosts which is really annoying, but overall I like it.

Some of the pitches for movies have been good (Flo from Progressive), some are pretty terrible (Steven King's I.T). It feels like they lean on Video Game conversions a little too much, but actually it's only seven out of thirty, and I guess they're from that video game background so i suppose it makes sense.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

That's weird, because the tone you originally took seemed to be rallying us on to drive Travis McElroy, the vile SJW, off of Twitter.

sir I think you need to take a step back from the internet for about a week, you seem to start seeing red and just bash your head against the keyboard whenever there's even the smallest, barest shred of a hint of negativity in this thread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Both those new shows sound very fun. Freddie Wong and Will Campos leaning on video game jokes is sadly expected though. They're funny to me but they very much stay in their wheelhouse even when branching out would be a bit better

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

sir I think you need to take a step back from the internet for about a week, you seem to start seeing red and just bash your head against the keyboard whenever there's even the smallest, barest shred of a hint of negativity in this thread

Read the room mother fucker

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Alaois posted:

Go back to your home in the sewer.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you people read that post honestly and tell me "yeah this is a normal thing to say in response to someone making fun of Dr. Who"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You might need to take your own advice, friend.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Al Borland Corp’s post was an excessive response to a run of the mill tweet, and Waffleman’s post was an excessive response to that. Why’s everyone so high-strung all of a sudden? Does anyone want up on this spliff tannen?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

me? i am the cool, collected one, and everyone else, well, you're all just posting angry and serious, unlike me, who just casually posts, for fun, and doesn't get too invested

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Yeah I don't think anyone was rallying anything

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I am willing to admit that I exaggerated, but I still maintain that the post did not have the tone of finding something endearing as was claimed.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Waffleman_ posted:

I am willing to admit that I exaggerated, but I still maintain that the post did not have the tone of finding something endearing as was claimed.

The prosecution rests.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hte mcelroys made me commit murder

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
You guys think the McElroys have secret accounts they don't tell their brothers about so they can talk poo poo online without getting called out?

Basically what are the chances Al Borland Corp is Griffin and Waffleman is Justin and they don't know they're arguing with each other over Travis' Twitter feed

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Judge Schnoopy posted:

You guys think the McElroys have secret accounts they don't tell their brothers about so they can talk poo poo online without getting called out?

Basically what are the chances Al Borland Corp is Griffin and Waffleman is Justin and they don't know they're arguing with each other over Travis' Twitter feed

i think griffin mentioned lurking in an adventure zone discord group when the final balance arc episode went out and watching the reactions, so it's entirely possible that they are among us right now

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

kidcoelacanth posted:

hte mcelroys made me commit murder

Griffin made me realize it's OK to have a vore fetish. :)

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

go to jail

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

BigRed0427 posted:

Griffin made me realize it's OK to have a vore fetish. :)

Actually, it's not.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Please stop kink shaming. :)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Please stop kink shaming. :)

I won't.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Alaois, go back to your home in the sewers. Nothing wrong with chasing your bliss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Travis says he's gonna mute people who make fun of the new Doctor Who's terrible embarrassing Gallagher costume. The only reason someone would do that is if they have a problem with her being a woman, definitely not because Dr Who is an embarrassing children's show.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

A lot of people

Two Doctors ago was a sad nerd in suspenders and a bow tie, two before that was a man in a lovely matrix leather jacket and before those two were Rainbow Scarf Bird Man and the patchwork creepo pervert.

Dr. Who's outfits have been majority goofy poo poo and complaining about it now seems super disingenuous given its history.

Also Dr. Who sucks poo poo like all British sci-fi.