Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mikujin posted:

I did Domination secondary on Warwick because I'm dumb and bad and Celerity will be nutso with him and his passive instead.

Has anyone tried Celerity on Sion? If only because I wanna know if his ult counts as a huge boost of movespeed and turns him into a loving freight train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Ultimate Hat in ARAM is a hell of a drug

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Anyone else not getting the first win of the day bonus?

e: Nvm, seems like you only get fwotd after lvl 15 now and since I'm new I don't get it yet.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Nov 10, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

saltylopez posted:

What abilities qualify as an "immobilize" for proccing aftershock? Like does Thresh's hook or flay count?

Anything that prevents them from completing a movement action. Displacement (caveat: I believe Anivia, Jarvan, and Yorick's walls don't count if they shift someone to make room, Taliyah, Trundle, Azir, and Ornn do) like knock up/aside/back and hooks/flips, stun, root/snare/entangle, forced movement (charm, fear, terrify), suppress, and... well I guess sleep when Zoe exists. Things that don't count: polymorph, 99% slow, grounded.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Monathin posted:

Has anyone tried Celerity on Sion? If only because I wanna know if his ult counts as a huge boost of movespeed and turns him into a loving freight train.
It does count for Celerity, but it only gives him about 43~ AD

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Manaflow Band is excellent on casters with long cooldowns. My E max Maokai support loves it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Monicro posted:

Ultimate Hat in ARAM is a hell of a drug

Gotta try that out later.

I only ever play ARAM so I need to tweak builds to suit that game style.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Manaflow Band is excellent on casters with long cooldowns. My E max Maokai support loves it.

It's really nice, although it's unfortunate that it's one of the only mana management runes available. Feels mandatory in the same way Meditation felt mandatory on a lot of champs.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

VodeAndreas posted:

Eyeball Collection seems a bit poo poo to me - a lot of work for 18 AD - or does it keep stacking past the bonus and I was misreading it

e: That's 18 AD after 10 kills (or 30 AP)

I think it only goes to 18. My assumption as to why it's seen so much is because it competes with zombie ward and ghost poro, which give no stats. Might as well take the free ~800 gold of stats

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah in certain scenarios I guess Zombie Ward might be better especially for an early-game ADC but on the other hand Eyeball Collection is a not completely insignificant bundle of stats.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

What's a good rune setup for Nasus? I'm using this:

Summon Aery doesn't feel great since you won't be casting spells at people during lane phase. Other than that I really like all of these, but there's probably better options that let you win more matchups as opposed to just boosting Nasus' strengths further.

I think Demolish is essential though, with that and your ult you can melt towers insanely fast (hell, you don't even need your ult). I'm considering going with Resolve as a primary and Sorcery as secondary, but I can't think of a good keystone. Grasp of the undying seems bad and Guardian forces you to be near your teammates.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
Phase Rush... ? You get a lot more damage in from extra Qs by repositioning than from Aery, and you can use it to mini-ghost out of ganks.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah uh I misread that and thought you needed 3 different sources of damage to activate it. That sounds pretty good.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Vermain posted:

It's really nice, although it's unfortunate that it's one of the only mana management runes available. Feels mandatory in the same way Meditation felt mandatory on a lot of champs.

biscuits are another option, although you have to wait until your mana is low to get full use out of them. if you think youre a pro you could go for the precision rune that gives a window of free casting every time you gain a level or get a kill

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Is anyone else unbothered by the blue essence thing?
Official forums and Reddit are literally apoplectic

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Shelvocke posted:

If anything I'm glad it happened. I went from missing 4 champions to a full roster overnight. And I'm covered for at least the next 3 releases even if I never play again

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Shelvocke posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Elman posted:

What's a good rune setup for Nasus? I'm using this:

Summon Aery doesn't feel great since you won't be casting spells at people during lane phase. Other than that I really like all of these, but there's probably better options that let you win more matchups as opposed to just boosting Nasus' strengths further.

I think Demolish is essential though, with that and your ult you can melt towers insanely fast (hell, you don't even need your ult). I'm considering going with Resolve as a primary and Sorcery as secondary, but I can't think of a good keystone. Grasp of the undying seems bad and Guardian forces you to be near your teammates.

Fleet Footwork is good on Nasus too.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think someone showed it's around 20 to 35% more games on average to unlock a character, but that's assuming you only want specific characters so you disenchant all your shards.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Shelvocke posted:

Could not care less

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Blue essence is extremely bad as currently implemented & you don't notice because you got 40,000 trade in for all your kennan energy regen runes, ChEers.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shelvocke posted:

When I levelled up I got 2 champ shards that disenchanted to about 1k BE (though I dusted one and upgraded the other) so I couldn't give a poo poo because I seem to be getting roughly the same amount but in big lumps rather than slowly dripfed which is an improvement.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I think someone showed it's around 20 to 35% more games on average to unlock a character, but that's assuming you only want specific characters so you disenchant all your shards.

Factoring in Win of the Day, the math I saw means it might take 2 more games.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

All the people who made these kind of claims were using fabricated numbers.

It gets worse for players who play several games per day, it gets better on average for most players.

Unsurprisingly the people who play a lot and the people who post their bad opinions about games on the internet are largely one and the same.

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 10, 2017

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

by far my favorite post game insult I've ever seen

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah i liked how things were before the patch but they also added a much better rune system so im willing to give riot the benefit of the doubt on this one.

i wish the daily quest was instead to play 2 games rather than win 1 though. the current system doesnt really make me want to log in every day but rather just makes me want to ignore it as i have for years.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Radical posted:

yeah i liked how things were before the patch but they also added a much better rune system so im willing to give riot the benefit of the doubt on this one.

i wish the daily quest was instead to play 2 games rather than win 1 though. the current system doesnt really make me want to log in every day but rather just makes me want to ignore it as i have for years.

The problem with not having it be wins is it incentivizes logging in to scrpit/bot/afk-jungle any day that you dont have time to play for real.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they overbuffed spellthiefs and karma can 1v2 at level 1 and also ultimate hat is very stupid on her

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also abuse this before they fix it but phase rush isnt affected by self slows so phase rush tahm kench sounds really loving funny to me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nah, the goal is to have it be '... of the day' to encourage you to play every day as part of your routine. Most other f2p games have moved on to login bonuses or play X games quests.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't understand what making it play 2 games instead of win 1 is supposed to accomplish

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the new progression system is more heavily loaded into the first win of the day bonus and getting the champs you open shards for, so if you for some reason want 30 very specific champions and only play one day a week for 15 hours then yeah you're hosed, but if you actually play along with the system then it's about the same rate of unlocks as before.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What does it matter when the only champion is Yasuo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
*braum voice* don’t lose

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I know she's meant to be bad, but Kindred is so much fun.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Shelvocke posted:

Thanks to the blue essence change I now have all the champions I wanted in this game. The rest don't interest me at all so I don't mind.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I went from -8 champions to all the champions in the foreseeable future plus a few chromas.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i refuse to buy yi on principle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Now that I have all champs I’m going full gently caress You Got Mine wrt new players. Why should they get any champs for free, they should be $30 each

• Locked thread