Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

schweens posted:

I learned on Fire Pro Returns that no tag team can beat Honma and Mark Hunt

well no poo poo how would you hurt them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean they often put various parts in the game that let you more easily create wrestlers who aren't in there, whether it's preset movesets or themes or whatever.

No that's not it. They patched most of the nxt dlc peoples stuff into the game except for the models

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

No that's not it. They patched most of the nxt dlc peoples stuff into the game except for the models

Yea, like I was creating a tag entrance and saw Ruby's theme and got all excited thinking the DLC had snuck out or something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Quasipox posted:

Yea, like I was creating a tag entrance and saw Ruby's theme and got all excited thinking the DLC had snuck out or something.

Nope. Like everything else Yukes does, it was a mistake.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

schweens posted:

I learned on Fire Pro Returns that no tag team can beat Honma and Mark Hunt

no that would be cro cop and sapp if you using the default edits

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Fire Pro has updated with some AI tweaks and even more CAW bits.

Spike Chunsoft posted:

EDIT MODE
  • Finishing Move now displays on Wrestler Transfer screen.
  • Wrestler Edit > Skill > Theme Music confirmation message now displays location of music file.
  • [Priority Moves] Added following categories: [Run up Post], [Jump from Post], [Performance], [Running], [Running at Downed Opponent]
    *NOTE: CPUE Wrestler may not attempt priority moves if they will note connect (due to distance, etc).

MATCHES
  • Increased time wrestler stays on mat after being hit by slingshot move into the ring.
  • If a CPU wrestler attempts a running attack against a dazed opponent and the opponent recovers, the CPU wrestler will continue their movement instead of stopping (though will stop after bouncing off ropes twice).
  • If a CPU wrestler attempts a post attack against an opponent slumped on the corner post and the opponent recovers, the CPU wrestler will continue their movement instead of stopping.
  • Adjusted run direction for CPU running attacks (vs standing/downed opponents).
  • Adjusted movement when CPU moves behind opponent.

NEW EDIT PARTS
The following parts were added:
[FACE]
  • Subpart 142(1)
  • Subpart 142(2)
  • Subpart 143(1)
  • Subpart 143(2)

[CHEST]
  • Body Hair

[STOMACH]
  • Body Hair
  • Pleated Skirt
  • Flared Skirt

[FOREARM]
  • Flames(1)
  • Flames(2)
  • Zigzag(1)
  • Zigzag(2)
  • Arm Guard D(1)
  • Arm Guard D(2)
  • Arm Guard D(3)

[THIGH]
  • Pleated Skirt
  • Flared Skirt
  • Frilly

[CALVES]
  • Bell Bottoms Pattern A(1)
  • Bell Bottoms Pattern A(2)
  • Bell Bottoms Pattern B(1)
  • Bell Bottoms Pattern B(2)
  • Bell Bottoms Pattern C(1)
  • Bell Bottoms Pattern C(2)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Body hair and bellbottoms mean I can now dramatically improve my 70s lounge lizard guy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gonna be microtransactions in 2K19.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
The new Fire Pro update is so drat exciting! The possibilities opened up for high-flyer edits with the new logic are, in particular, fantastic. Ospreay edits can now properly do a fairly reliable screw kick > Oscutter> Pin sequence, for instance. Great stuff.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Testekill posted:

Gonna be microtransactions in 2K19.

Take Two (aka 2K) had an investor report a couple days ago and the long and short is they’re making a substantial amount from loot boxes and various micro transactions. GTA, NBA 2K games and even WWE Supercard.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They took them out of wwe because NBA 2k got a bunch of backlash this year for theirs but of course there's whales out there that still spend.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

It just boggles my mind how folks can spend money on this. Seriously. Answer me o thread. Why this game. Why $60+/- bucks.

i'm a few pages late, but: for me, it's just that we're in kind of a drought of good wrestling games, especially on PC.

Fire Pro is well-made but unintuitive and really just kind of not my bag (if the new one actually has a decent loving tutorial I might be into it but Returns baffled the hell out of me). Nobody's carrying the AKI torch competently (I think there's an indie game that looks like total rear end that's trying to imitate AKI), and while I loved WWF Attitude as a kid, in hindsight it's not a very good game and probably not worth reviving.

That pretty much leaves the Yuke's games. Or TEW, I guess, though that's sort of like comparing Football Manager to FIFA. While I probably won't be getting 2k18 (because my computer's a little too assy to run it well), I kind of loved 2k16.

e: speaking of, as awesome as the idea of organic mods in TEW is (where you start a universe at 1920 or 1980 and then just let it run for years and auto-generate everything), holy gently caress do they not work great. You don't get any road agents, the wrestlers are all a bit crap, and the wrestlers are all giant rear end in a top hat motherfuckers without a single locker room leader to be found; also, time passing starts to take an insanely loving long time as more and more crap piles into the universe.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 11, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My first WWE 2k18 CAW is done. Decided to base it on the game I've been obsessing over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpN-QwVC_g4

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Never noticed that the mat in FPW shakes a little with impact (I'm finally getting textures going.)

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

My first WWE 2k18 CAW is done. Decided to base it on the game I've been obsessing over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpN-QwVC_g4

Jesus christ

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Fire Pro is well-made but unintuitive and really just kind of not my bag (if the new one actually has a decent loving tutorial I might be into it but Returns baffled the hell out of me).

New tutorial is good
It is okay to not like the, game even if you just do not like it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

New tutorial is good
It is okay to not like the, game even if you just do not like it

okay sweet i might actually understand wtf I'm doing in new Fire Pro then

like every time I'd play a match in Returns I wouldn't be able to do any moves and I'd just kind of get the poo poo kicked out of me

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

like every time I'd play a match in Returns I wouldn't be able to do any moves and I'd just kind of get the poo poo kicked out of me

Even after I got the hang of fire pro and played it a lot, made tons of caws etc it still just wasn't really for me. The exact placement for moves is such a chore. It's goofy as hell that an enziguiri will basically just pass right through a guy because he took a step towards me, there's no such thing as glancing blows in the game everyone sells everything the exact same way

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Even after I got the hang of fire pro and played it a lot, made tons of caws etc it still just wasn't really for me. The exact placement for moves is such a chore. It's goofy as hell that an enziguiri will basically just pass right through a guy because he took a step towards me, there's no such thing as glancing blows in the game everyone sells everything the exact same way

the first wrestling game that procedurally generates selling will be my fav game ever

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the first wrestling game that procedurally generates selling will be my fav game ever

Sometimes in the WWE2k games the characters explode out of the ring, teleport, vibrate erratically, fuse with chairs or ladders and turn into the creature from The Thing when a move hits if that counts

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

All we need to do is ask Ian Cheng can program one his simulations in a copy of 2K or Wrestling Empire

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I do not advocate your purchasing of the game you do not like. the tutorial is just better in the game that is full of diagonal motion

If you are bad at something and wish to become better at it, then it may be wise to pursue it. If something does not click and you do not care, why spend dollars on it? or fictional dollars.

for instance, I rarely post

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 12, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

achillesforever6 posted:

All we need to do is ask Ian Cheng can program one his simulations in a copy of 2K or Wrestling Empire

I remember when the Euphoria engine first came out and everyone was like "So who is gonna make a wrestling game with this"

and it never happened

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m terrible at the WWE games.

Even though I’m fine at timing in most other games, I somehow can only hit reversals 50-75% of the time, and I can almost never kick out of a pin, even on Easy. Stupid question, but are there any tips besides “Get better at timing?” I wish there was a choice of how to kick out of a pin the way they provide a choice for submissions.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m terrible at the WWE games.

Even though I’m fine at timing in most other games, I somehow can only hit reversals 50-75% of the time, and I can almost never kick out of a pin, even on Easy. Stupid question, but are there any tips besides “Get better at timing?” I wish there was a choice of how to kick out of a pin the way they provide a choice for submissions.

I also suck at kicking out of pins. I lost a match the other night within a minute just because I kept loving up the pin kick out. I definitely prefer the mash buttons approach to kicking out. Something like that shouldn't be based on skill

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Astro7x posted:

I also suck at kicking out of pins. I lost a match the other night within a minute just because I kept loving up the pin kick out. I definitely prefer the mash buttons approach to kicking out. Something like that shouldn't be based on skill

Exactly. I spent the vast majority of an Epic match kicking the poo poo out of Enzo as Samoa Joe, only to get randomly caught in a roll-up for a three-count even though it was maybe the fourth or fifth time he actually hit me in fourteen minutes.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Exactly. I spent the vast majority of an Epic match kicking the poo poo out of Enzo as Samoa Joe, only to get randomly caught in a roll-up for a three-count even though it was maybe the fourth or fifth time he actually hit me in fourteen minutes.

Sounds like a WWE match to me

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Astro7x posted:

I can't tell you how many times friends would try these games in the past, have a really good time button mashing only to have the match end the moment the first pinfall or submission is initiated, completely turning them off. The stupid golf-swing meter for pins is just unintuitive. Same with that submission system they brought in from the UFC games, is that still there? I didn't bother with this year's game.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Back in the days of Here Comes the Pain and SVR 2006, you mashed buttons to kick out (and also to make chumps submit, I was pretty good at that) and there was nothing wrong with it, so of course it had to be replaced with this timing-based system we've got now. I'm not exactly a fan of button-mashing gameplay (the Day of Reckoning games really went overboard with it, you had to mash A pretty much all the time), but for kicking out of pins it's absolutely fine and I've never understood why they decided to go with their golf swing minigame in the later games.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:confused:
I know this is rich coming from a guy who couldn't get the timing down in Fire Pro, but maybe I'm just better with more obvious visual cues, but the golf swing thing never bothered me, and seems much less likely to A) damage controllers from mashing and B)gently caress over people who aren't good at mashing. Which, again, I know is an imperfect solution seeing as we now have people who are bad at timing but this method just seems better to me because even when I fail, I can at least see what I failed at, whereas mashing it's "but I did the same thing as before but I lost this time".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Perry Normal posted:

I can't tell you how many times friends would try these games in the past, have a really good time button mashing only to have the match end the moment the first pinfall or submission is initiated, completely turning them off. The stupid golf-swing meter for pins is just unintuitive. Same with that submission system they brought in from the UFC games, is that still there? I didn't bother with this year's game.

There's like 8 kinds of submission systems.

The one that can actually cause tap outs has 2 control options now though, one is just mashing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

:confused:
I know this is rich coming from a guy who couldn't get the timing down in Fire Pro, but maybe I'm just better with more obvious visual cues, but the golf swing thing never bothered me, and seems much less likely to A) damage controllers from mashing and B)gently caress over people who aren't good at mashing. Which, again, I know is an imperfect solution seeing as we now have people who are bad at timing but this method just seems better to me because even when I fail, I can at least see what I failed at, whereas mashing it's "but I did the same thing as before but I lost this time".

Just replace it with a meter that you have to fill up by mashing buttons. As the match goes on, you need to fill up more of the meter as you become weaker. Or have a meter that you need to fill up to a certain point. As the match goes on, the target zone gets thinner and farther away. I don't play online, but I am sure there are people that have that timing down to a science making it no fun for everyone involved.

The speed of it changing each time really throws me off. I think I just need to let me get my rear end kicked and try getting pinned until I get it down, but it seems stupid that I have to do that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Just replace it with a meter that you have to fill up by mashing buttons. As the match goes on, you need to fill up more of the meter as you become weaker. Or have a meter that you need to fill up to a certain point. As the match goes on, the target zone gets thinner and farther away. I don't play online, but I am sure there are people that have that timing down to a science making it no fun for everyone involved.

The speed of it changing each time really throws me off. I think I just need to let me get my rear end kicked and try getting pinned until I get it down, but it seems stupid that I have to do that.

But button mashers can get autofire pads or do the 'roll a pencil over the buttons' trick. At least getting the timing down is skill.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

In summary, htcp was the last good wwe game and Iran is a land of contrasts

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

In summary, htcp was the last good wwe game and Iran is a land of contrasts

Did HCTP have the climbable Smackdown fist and the hilarious rag doll bounce when someone came off a ladder wrong? Because if so you are correct.

I miss people falling off ladders,bouncing around on the ground then jumping back but like 5 seconds later.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

joylessdivision posted:

Did HCTP have the climbable Smackdown fist and the hilarious rag doll bounce when someone came off a ladder wrong? Because if so you are correct.

I miss people falling off ladders,bouncing around on the ground then jumping back but like 5 seconds later.

HCTP had the helicopter in times square and the hilarious rag dolling but Shut Your Mouth was the one that let you climb the fist.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I know WWE is all "don't try this at home, be safe" but I miss how insane you could make poo poo in HCTP

Dive off a helicopter, chase a guy on a motorcycle, attack a dude with a forklift, etc.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Testekill posted:

HCTP had the helicopter in times square and the hilarious rag dolling but Shut Your Mouth was the one that let you climb the fist.

Okay that's right. Both of those games blend together in my memory because I played so much of them back in the day.

I forgot the Helicopter was in there. I thought that was just one of those random weird things from WMX8 or whatever the pre-Day of Reckoning GameCube game was that had the hilarious story mode that included chucking dudes off platforms.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

To this day, I wish that the next WWE 2kWhatever is them dumbing the game down to the HCTP engine, keeping the ridiculous arcade feel, with super weird physics and interactive backstage areas, and just making it surreal levels of fun.

Alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

OGB posted:

To this day, I wish that the next WWE 2kWhatever is them dumbing the game down to the HCTP engine, keeping the ridiculous arcade feel, with super weird physics and interactive backstage areas, and just making it surreal levels of fun.

Alas.

It's sad really, some of those mid-00s WWE games did a much better job with "Hardcore" aspects with the weapons and backstage areas than whichever Smackdown vs Raw introduced ECW.

I miss the "Win by chucking dudes off the side/through the floor" stipulation from WMX8.