Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
This question was categorically answered in yospos quite recently: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837746&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I'm surprised they didn't define the YOSPOS benchmark for a liveable wage, a decce six-and-a-half figgies.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Moneyball posted:

But is 100k considered rich?

Don't answer that.

100k bitcoins is probably pretty good if you can convert it.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dude getting paid in bitcoin in California, weed is involved.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...9c65_story.html

Oh yeah here we go, give us that good stuff you loving HENRYs:

quote:

Other residents say North Fulton is a place where earning $100,000 — nearly twice the national median household income — means a surprising degree of struggle.

“Some of them are living paycheck to paycheck,” Ted Jenkin, a financial adviser, said. “You would imagine that people are fairly well-to-do even with $200,000. But they don’t consider themselves to be rich. It’s challenging.”

Lusby, the accountant, said people earning up to $250,000 in this region “don’t consider themselves to be high-earners.”

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

But they don't consider themselves to be high earners, they're living paycheck to paycheck. LENNYs

Low Earner Net Negative Yearly

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Behold, what an elegant solution I've crafted for these poor suffering aspirational millennials:

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livi...lpharetta%2C+GA

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Behold, what an elegant solution I've crafted for these poor suffering aspirational millennials:

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livi...lpharetta%2C+GA

Living in NYC, this tool makes me sad. Especially being a full time work from home employee.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

quote:

As he ate lunch at Alpha Soda, a popular local restaurant, Chris Krogh said he hadn’t followed the debate closely but was troubled by what he heard. Krogh runs a custom cabinetry business and depends on homeowners as customers.

“I always thought Republicans were supposed to be good on the tax breaks,” he said.
Insert sad trombone music here.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

DJCobol posted:

Insert sad trombone music here.

It's very telling how people blame taxes for their woes

A tax cut should be a bonus, not the linchpin to your financial stability

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Not a Children posted:

I'm sorry I thought this was America!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Nephzinho posted:

Living in NYC, this tool makes me sad. Especially being a full time work from home employee.

Let me tell you about the wonders of Hoboken?

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Not a Children posted:

The USA was partly founded on hatred of taxes, so...

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

Being a full time remote employee in living NYC seems impressively BWM, welcome to the thread.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Sic Semper Goon posted:

The USA was partly founded on hatred of taxes, so...

Everyone should calm down. I know what will help people get down to earth again; let's hold a tea party. Everyone loves parties on boats too.

I'm not sure why they're complaining about cheap houses for only $500k to $800k. In Auckland you can pay $1-$2m USD for a large house in an area where you won't be stabbed to death. The mansions don't really start until you pay $4m USD or more. These households earning $180k to $250k and whining about it have lost perspective while living their luxury lifestyle.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Devian666 posted:

Everyone should calm down. I know what will help people get down to earth again; let's hold a tea party. Everyone loves parties on boats too.

I'm not sure why they're complaining about cheap houses for only $500k to $800k. In Auckland you can pay $1-$2m USD for a large house in an area where you won't be stabbed to death. The mansions don't really start until you pay $4m USD or more. These households earning $180k to $250k and whining about it have lost perspective while living their luxury lifestyle.

It's like the inmates are running the heeeeeeeyy wait a minute....

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Devian666 posted:

Homes are relatively cheap in Georgia suburbs like Alpharetta/North Fulton. $500k will get you a 4K sq ft home with a 3 car garage and nice granite countertops. In-town, prices are closer to what you see in New Zealand.

If you ever watch cable shows like Property Brothers, they film in Toronto, Austin, and Atlanta, but they don't tell you where. So you can identify the Canadian shows by the million dollar price tags and the Southern ones by the $300k prices.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
:rip: Leon

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I think I have to leave for my own financial security

quote:

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. In that time, we've moved in together and because his salary is a third of mine, I've assumed all financial responsibility in the relationship. It doesn't bother me that I make more, but he can't manage to live within his means even with me paying for his necessities. He has terrible credit and no understanding of finances. His car broke down 2 years ago so I cosigned a car loan for him because he was denied any car loan on his own. He kept missing car payments, which showed up on my credit report. So I started automatic payments on his car loan out of my bank account and told him he has to give me a monthly check. He's given me maybe 4 checks in the last year, and any time I bring up the fact that he owes another check to me, it turns into a lovely fight. I pay our rent, electric bill, internet bill, grocery bill. He spends his money on fast food, takeout, and weed. Mostly on weed. Now I enjoy weed as well, but he goes through a quarter ounce a week on a good week. I lent him $400 two weeks ago to pay a mutual friend for weed (some of which was for his friends) because I didn't want this mutual friend to be out money that he fronted for my boyfriend. My boyfriend's dad calls him a week ago and asks to borrow $500. For what is anyone's guess, because his mom buys any and everything that appeals to her drug-induced whims (she's a morphine addict who smokes a pack of Virginia Slim's every day). My boyfriend happens to have the money because he hasn't paid me back for the $400 loan yet. He gives it to his dad without question and doesn't tell me until today. I called him on his way home from work and asked him to pick up milk. He sighs and says fine. He arrives home without the milk and finally breaks down and admits he lent too much to his dad and doesn't have any money. I'm so tired of being bled dry. I feel stupid for letting it get to this point. I keep dipping into my savings to cover his expenses, and he has the balls to complain when I ask him not to leave lights on or to close windows when the heat/air conditioning is on. He's my only/best friend at this point, and I don't really know what I'd do without him being there for me emotionally. But on the other hand, I feel like he is the cause of my distress most of the time. I don't know what to do. I keep trying to make it work, but I don't know if it's even worth it.

:sever:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Motronic posted:

I think I have to leave for my own financial security

:sever:

Drugs and financial codependency intersecting in a tale as old as time?

Why. I. Never.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Where the hell were all these financially stable enabling women when I was a young drug addict?! I really feel like I missed out.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Dating women that make less money then you is very BWM.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
The new hotness this decade is to be a broke brained manbaby supported by some exhausted and guilt tripped girlfriend or wife. Pick has practically written an instructional guide on this for any depressed underemployed guys in their 20s out there.

Lord Booga
Sep 23, 2007
Huh?
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

The new hotness this decade is to be a broke brained manbaby supported by some exhausted and guilt tripped girlfriend or wife. Pick has practically written an instructional guide on this for any depressed underemployed guys in their 20s out there.

Link please

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Where the hell were all these financially stable enabling women when I was a young drug addict?! I really feel like I missed out.

Well first you need to me reasonably attractive, which means goons need not apply.

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 13, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Untrue. Move to a rural area and find you a single mom.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

Untrue. Move to a rural area and find you a single mom.

Financially stable single moms in West Virginia.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Krispy Wafer posted:

Man these targeted ads are getting really weird

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

All I know is that the whole area around Medford, OR is full of relativly together young women who will put up with all manner of bullshit from a loser rather than be alone. I always had to deal with calling them up and letting them know thier boyfriend had overdrafted them again. With charges from the strip club.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

therobit posted:

All I know is that the whole area around Medford, OR is full of relativly together young women who will put up with all manner of bullshit from a loser rather than be alone. I always had to deal with calling them up and letting them know thier boyfriend had overdrafted them again. With charges from the strip club.

I hereby title this post "don't date musicians"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ranbo das posted:

Man these targeted ads are getting really hot.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Not a Children posted:

I hereby title this post "don't date musicians"

Lol or out of work muffler techs.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

I don't want to take this in a political direction but man that trend gets me annoyed.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

therobit posted:

So many things just clicked in my head.

Tales Of Desire
Nov 5, 2009
Today I learned about horse lasers.

http://horse-journal.com/article/laser-therapy-relieves-muscle-soreness-5441
https://www.coldlasers.org/guide-to-equine-lasers/

So you can use therapeutic lasers to treat your horse's muscles/tendons/etc., reduce inflammation, and speed up their recovery time, all by virtue of it increasing blood flow. Most of what I've read compares it to acupuncture. So when they're startled by their own shadows and hurt themselves, you can pull out your laser, point it at the area to be treated, and get your horse up and moving faster.

Now, you can book a session with your laser-friendly vet or random laser therapist, or you can buy your own. Lasers can cost up to 26k for the priciest FDA-approved models, or they start at $575 if you don't care about pesky regulations.

quote:

One major difference is that there is no FDA clearance required for lasers used for equine therapy. This means the cost of cold lasers can be lower however it also means some products are sold on the market with no validation or quality standards behind the products. Cheaper systems often only put a fraction of the specified max power and many do not include any training or support making them both dangerous and ineffective.

It's probably even cheaper if you don't bother with proper eye protection.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Poor freckles, got shot with a 100 kilowatt and... Lived?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Two people I know at CrossFit were talking about that this morning, but for HUMANS.

I was like "what the gently caress you pay money for this?"

Apparently yeah, $35 a pop.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I think we need to assume that if someone can conceive the idea of a horse owner paying for something, that it must exist. Call it Colt's Law or something.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The Pence Law of Equino-Dynamics

Business Idea: Cloud-enabled horses.

Still working on the deets but I expect million in venture capital any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales Of Desire
Nov 5, 2009
Maybe there's some cash in inventing lasering booths. Just put on eye protection and wave your body part in front of the laser. If you can operate a self-checkout, you can be your own laser therapist.