Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

:f5: need my one piece fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oilatsnep posted:

:f5: need my one piece fix

theres a break next week

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

New Chapter 885 - https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/885/page/1

Edit: DONUTS!!

oilatsnep fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 10, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

theres a break next week

What is life, even.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Gear 4th is truly the SSJ3 of One Piece.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Literally nothing happened

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lpzie posted:

Literally nothing happened

Quite a bit happened. Luffy is no longer fighting Katakuri.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
we're getting into dressrosa turf here

not the good kind

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oda just repeated the same shot of Sanji at the end as he did a few chapters ago. I think he's losing oxygen like Ippo.
If he dies now, would you guys regret OP not finishing?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

god loving dammit oda

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Grouchio posted:

Oda just repeated the same shot of Sanji at the end as he did a few chapters ago. I think he's losing oxygen like Ippo.
If he dies now, would you guys regret OP not finishing?

to be fair, it's completely redrawn

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The bad news is that this is definitely filler to get us to 900. The good news is that there's not many chapters left until then, so it should be business as usual again very shortly.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why get to 900?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
15 chapters to get to awakening is some insane dragging it out if its what we're waiting for

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jose posted:

15 chapters to get to awakening is some insane dragging it out if its what we're waiting for

considering reverie is prime time for some big reveals, i was expecting 900 to be something along those lines

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't really see how Luffy escaping Katakuri and trapping him in the mirror world only to pop out right in front of a rampaging Big Mom is "filler" but uh ok if you guys say so

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Pureauthor posted:

Gear 4th is truly the SSJ3 of One Piece.

Nah. Gear 4th actually won a fight, once. :v:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

gently caress, that was a great ending to the fight.

TriffTshngo posted:

I don't really see how Luffy escaping Katakuri and trapping him in the mirror world only to pop out right in front of a rampaging Big Mom is "filler" but uh ok if you guys say so
With the caveat that this is still some extrrrremely good chapters and this arc is bananas, it does feel like this chapter strayed from the carefully plotted out crazy tension of the last 30 (or so?) chapters towards just random inconsequential things happening.  Running from big mom feels like treading old ground at this point. Also this is the second time that luffy running out of steam after Gear 4 cause the manga itself to also run out of steam.

EDIT: Like, the tension worked really well when you could not see the way out. A few chapters ago it was hard to even imagine any possible way out for our dudes. Now it's obvious though: Bring Cake, get Dogtooth upset about something and sock his face, sail home happily. So now we're kind of just waiting for that to happen plus any potential (read: inevitable) twists along the way.

Also 'WEDDING CAKE' is this arc's 'AAAAASSUUUUU'. Poor anime viewers.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Nov 10, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My bad prediction is that Luffy is going to ruin the second cake as they're delivering it and just cause Big Mom to go completely batshit and use that chaos to defeat the psychic guy. I was digging this arc earlier but I'm not really enjoying this ending to it. Not because of Big Mom, because I found her backstory to be delightfully horrifying, but like this escape thing just feels like it's really dragging its feet even though it hasn't been long at all. Also I don't like psychic guy.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Oda seems to have a penchant for hitting the brakes on fast-paced tension - first the birdcage in Dressrosa, now this arbitrary 10-hour time limit with the cake. Still really loving the arc, but this detour is worrying.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
kind of lame the answer to "how is he going to beat katakuri" is "he's not"

or he is but it's going to be ten "minutes" from now so we get several chapters of nothing but Luffy fleeing

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Stop saying Dogtooth.

The chapter was good but I am definitely not excited about the return of Gear 4's ten minute cooldown. It was bad in Dressrosa and while this time it's better since Luffy is still up and active during the break to get into further hijinx, if this doesn't go somewhere big next next week it has the potential to be a disappointing lapse in what has been an outrageously good arc.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If you didn't lol at where Luffy ended up then you got problems.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm an idiot, who was the person who slashed a hole into the candy wall so Luffy could escape?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
he just leaped over it

now lets talk about pudding wanting that sanji cream

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

he just leaped over it

now lets talk about pudding wanting that sanji cream

oh i completely misread that, she was attacking him. like i said, I'm an idiot.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I'm an idiot, who was the person who slashed a hole into the candy wall so Luffy could escape?

Amande, and she didn't do it to let him escape i think she just hosed up trying to kill him. Apparently she's another one of big mom's kids, although I don't think that was actually stated in her introduction.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Stop saying Dogtooth.

The chapter was good but I am definitely not excited about the return of Gear 4's ten minute cooldown. It was bad in Dressrosa and while this time it's better since Luffy is still up and active during the break to get into further hijinx, if this doesn't go somewhere big next next week it has the potential to be a disappointing lapse in what has been an outrageously good arc.

Just wait until Perospero puts up a big candy cage over the tottoland islands and traps the Strawhats!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'll admit the story is going around in circles a little bit, but we aren't quite up to Dressrosa levels just yet.

If we spend 15 more chapters running away from Big Mom just so something can happen in chapter 900 then yeah, a lot of the goodwill of this amazing arc will have been wasted.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Stop saying Dogtooth.

it's disappointing that luffy has to run away from dogtooth. ending up in the middle of big mom and her entourage was pretty funny but I hope they don't keep running in circles here

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i wanna see luffy stomp someone, or luffy getting stomped!! this sucks !!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's disappointing that luffy has to run away from dogtooth. ending up in the middle of big mom and her entourage was pretty funny but I hope they don't keep running in circles here

bad

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

This "I need 10 minutes to regain my haki" crap is so bad. Just terrible.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

That 10 minute time limit needs to get shrunk down to like 1 or 2 minutes. Gear Third's drawback never felt annoying because it was short.

E: and it was funny as hell

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

anime was right posted:

considering reverie is prime time for some big reveals, i was expecting 900 to be something along those lines

He's never once done something special in hundreds chapters so why start now?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Spidder posted:

how did you miss the straw hat armada

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Spidder posted:

Chapter 100: Straw Hats enter the Grand Line (Paradise)
Chapter 400: Breaking into motherfucking Enies Lobby
Chapter 500: Formal introduction of Gol. D. Roger's First Mate, Silvers Rayleigh
Chapter 600: Straw Hats get back together following the timeskip and head off to meet Luffy at Sabaody
Chapter 700: Doflamingo gets the Mera Mera and the Straw Hats arrive at Dressrosa
Chapter 800: Straw Hat Armada is formed

So, uh, yeah. Nothing special ever happens on X00.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Ok... can we talk about Brûlée spying on Dogtooth during his private time. Sterotypical little sister poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ah yeah i bet brulee totally saw that poo poo and got the gently caress out of sight before katatooth noticed