Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Fatesverse, with Sword Dragons, Lance Dragons, and Assassination Dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i think archer>lancer>saber>archer and rider>assassin>caster>rider makes way more sense than the absurdity we have

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Clawtopsy posted:

i think archer>lancer>saber>archer and rider>assassin>caster>rider makes way more sense than the absurdity we have

I don't get most of them either way, but I do think rider makes more sense as a knight class than archer. Then you could do lancer beats rider beats saber.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 10, 2017

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

I can see your logic though it's still not perfect. Lancer beats Saber makes enough sense but there isn't really a great case for either of them being better than the other against Archers, other than that it has seemed like Sabers are slightly more mobile than Lancers and could feasibly close distance more easily. The other makes more general sense to me, Assassins seem the most logical class to alphas strike a Caster before they can ready defenses whereas Riders would be harder to ambush or entrap. Granted most of that is generalized conjecture, rather than based on any examples since Extra was primarily rock-paper-scissors duels.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Casters have magical tricks, warnings, and protection against assassins while a lot of Riders tend to be famous leaders, and leads are often victims of Assassination. :v:

These three clean up the new Saber 40AP pretty handily. Dragon doesn't hit too hard when its going against class advantage and Yew Bow murders the gently caress out of Caesar Red Ogre.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 10, 2017

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Posted this on another forum but seems we also have a thread here for the game :)

quote:

So, uh...not a huge fan of Fate but was looking for another gacha game to play (besides PAD) and this seems nice.

Did a few rerolls (7 or 8) and finally got lucky with Heracles + Marie Antoniete on the tutorial 10 summon. Wondering now if i can, i guess, grind 30 stones in time to do a lucky roll for this gacha event?

Haven't read much about the game yet besides looking to see what good rerolls would be.

Also, should i use my friend points to roll more characters now at the start of the game or are there events i should save for?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nah, use your friend points to do FP gatcha summons to help fill out your roster. Having just started you'll probably struggle to get a lot out of the current event, but you should definitely try to do what you can. However first you might want to get some levels on a few of your servants, though level cap increase materials will be a bit of a roadblock.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Even if you only run the limited daily quests, which you should be able to clear with a support Okita no problem, you should still get enough points for a permanent Nobunaga. Getting the skulls to ascend her is another story.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
It took more than 4 hours of grinding hands, but I managed to get Okita from 1-90 in one night.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Arthur SA, why would you bless me with the bounty of a Poster Girl Okita only to yank her away after only one run.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i did not reroll once

i had faith in marie to be a good friend

do not reroll and abandon your friends

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I spent 1k prisms on Astolfo's new outfit only to realize I dont have enough mats to ascend him fully right now. RIP.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I spent 1k prisms on Astolfo's new outfit only to realize I dont have enough mats to ascend him fully right now. RIP.

wait what

did they add an astolfo outfit

which one, is there video of the outfit in action

holy poo poo I need this in US immediately

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

wait what

did they add an astolfo outfit

which one, is there video of the outfit in action

holy poo poo I need this in US immediately

Supposedly the hippogryph is better but the animations are otherwise unchanged. Haven’t used them much yet since I’m in Shimosa which is all about the knight classes to check.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 10, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I cannot believe they made a big song and dance about adding costumes for characters, and then somehow managed to hold the event that is all about dressing up in bright and flashy costumes without adding a new costume.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm glad my decision to get Astolfo to 100 when he comes out in NA wasn't a mistake.

I need that outfit so bad.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

i need 7 grails for marie, 9 grails for medea, and then jalter can have the rest

i WILL get jalter

Everytime you people type 'Jalter', she will demand more sacrifice of quartzs for such disrespect of her name

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

I cannot believe they made a big song and dance about adding costumes for characters, and then somehow managed to hold the event that is all about dressing up in bright and flashy costumes without adding a new costume.

Sadly it kind of seems that alternate costumes are too much work for them to put out at more than a trickle. The sprite work seems like it would be almost comparable to a new character.

Otherwise I'd expect they would have already started to put out more from the characters who already have alternate designs. Stuff like Cu's hawaiian shirt, Arturia's suit from zero, etc. I kind of wonder if what we're getting isn't mostly just designs they made and decided weren't enough for a whole new character.

LornMarkus posted:

I can see your logic though it's still not perfect. Lancer beats Saber makes enough sense but there isn't really a great case for either of them being better than the other against Archers, other than that it has seemed like Sabers are slightly more mobile than Lancers and could feasibly close distance more easily. The other makes more general sense to me, Assassins seem the most logical class to alphas strike a Caster before they can ready defenses whereas Riders would be harder to ambush or entrap. Granted most of that is generalized conjecture, rather than based on any examples since Extra was primarily rock-paper-scissors duels.

I always figured the relationships was based to an extent on the original VN. Lancer can't beat Saber there, but is almost powerless against Gilgamesh, Caster is the master of Assassin, etc.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So if I'm farming for the third tier event item should I grind the original 40AP or the new one with Caeser? :thunk:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Do the most recent/difficult one you can manage. The difference isn't too drastic so far, but there's slightly more points and drops and it will only increase as more difficult ones get added.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

At this point the difference isn't very big
Mostly 'do you want a shot at Claws or Scales' as a decision maker.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Randomzx posted:

Everytime you people type 'Jalter', she will demand more sacrifice of quartzs for such disrespect of her name

*goes into the bathroom and turns off the light and stares in the mirror, then whispers in an incredibly edgey voice*

jalter.... jalter........jalter!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I assume we're eventually going to get a 40AP with a wave 2 demon so that's the one that will consume the most of us.

Randomzx posted:

Counteract this by using a cheap burger as a catalyst.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm looking forward to the Caster variant because I will just be able to roll it with Marie, also it rewards snake eyes too.

I would probably prefer to grind the Rider variant if only because that one has horseshoes, but I don't have anyone who can carry me through

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

I assume we're eventually going to get a 40AP with a wave 2 demon so that's the one that will consume the most of us.

There's also one later with a rarer type of Chimera, which will hopefully have a better claw drop rate.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The drop rate on the first chimera already seemed pretty great, I got like 4-5 claws from him the past two days. So one with a better drop rate would be kind of nuts. Kind of pleasant to have this after the abysmal drop rates for mats in the past couple of events.

A 40AP with Hearts/Demons though at this drop rate... :catstare:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

plus i put the GUDAGUDA poster girl on marie so she will get me the friend points from demon farming

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
About how many points should I be getting from the daily 1AP Quest? I've been getting around 25 to 30K while running full character and CE boosters but feel like that is very underwhelming.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Pierson posted:

Counteract this by using a cheap burger as a catalyst.

Thats Salter.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
???

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

style points

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RanKizama posted:

About how many points should I be getting from the daily 1AP Quest? I've been getting around 25 to 30K while running full character and CE boosters but feel like that is very underwhelming.

The amount increases with each day.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So now that Halloween 2017 is over, i went through my friendlist and deleted people who hadn't logged on for over a week, so if anyone on the JP server wants my sicknasty servants, i have like 9 or 10 open slots

Friendcode is 943,911,223

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 10, 2017

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

What's the threshold for perma nobu?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

RuanGacho posted:

What's the threshold for perma nobu?
100,000 points.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Pierson posted:

100,000 points.

Got it, thanks.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Freak Futanari posted:

So now that Halloween 2017 is over, i went through my friendlist and deleted people who hadn't logged on for over a week, so if anyone on the JP server wants my sicknasty servants, i have like 9 or 10 open slots

Friendcode is 943,911,233

Tried to add you, but that code isn't working for me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The hell? I get like only 10 of the last store currency from a 40ap mission.

I need to spend over 4000ap just to get enough for the CEs and the ascension items?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Freak Futanari posted:

Friendcode is 943,911,233

Grailed Ruler Martha and Georgios :goodciv:

Get that Sumanai out of here though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Tired Moritz posted:

The hell? I get like only 10 of the last store currency from a 40ap mission.

I need to spend over 4000ap just to get enough for the CEs and the ascension items?

I believe later 40ap missions have a better drop rate