Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
First they support letting pregnant women kill with impunity, now sexual assault victims. I for one welcome our extremely specific Purge overlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't matter what you call him, he's a child molester no matter how you slice it.

r/The_Donald deserves its place in hell.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That's like some SSJ2 level victim blaming.

EDIT: And of course The_Donald goes with the epheb bullshit. Can these people get more disgusting?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The dismissal we’re seeing is mainly from party officials. That’s expected. You know what we haven’t seen? Man on the street chats. And I’m guessing responses from the average Alabaman are almost guttural. Choked spluttering and defeated head shakes.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

:killing:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The horrific progression of blaming the victim.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Your Taint posted:

I know the term is over used, but taking a bribe from a foreign govt to do something like that is LITERALLY treason, right?

Democrat liberal definition or Republican conservative definition?

Democrat liberal "gently caress yes"
Republican conservative "Only if it's the other party"

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/929009475033403393

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

One of the worst things about 2016 is a lot of people, including Dems, taking this guy seriously because he's the 'reasonable Republican'

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Really strong picture of an Alabama pedo ring forming from all this.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

The saying is "dead girl or live boy". That saying exists because having sex with underaged girls ("i swear she looked 18 officer!!") is A-OK in southern masculine culture. Homosexuality is not.

The girl is alive.

Moore won't lose because of this.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Okay shouldn't that be something to report? Don't you think Reddit as a company would be a lot more sensitive to this issue than any others. Hopefully get r/thedonald closed.

Also, I'm probably way late on this, but I love the highlight reel:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/928792093182398465

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FlamingLiberal posted:

One of the worst things about 2016 is a lot of people, including Dems, taking this guy seriously because he's the 'reasonable Republican'

A liberal's greatest desire is to find a good conservative and embrace him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The dismissal we’re seeing is mainly from party officials. That’s expected. You know what we haven’t seen? Man on the street chats. And I’m guessing responses from the average Alabaman are almost guttural. Choked spluttering and defeated head shakes.

I almost wish they wouldn't ask party officials and instead went straight to asking native Alabamans what they think. Trouble now is, they all know how to respond: just like their dear leaders.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the black husserl posted:

The saying is "dead girl or live boy". That saying exists because having sex with underaged girls ("i swear she looked 18 officer!!") is A-OK in southern masculine culture. Homosexuality is not.

The girl is alive.

Moore won't lose because of this.

Toxx it

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's good spoiler material.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/929012794678235136

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

rkajdi posted:

Can these people get more disgusting?

No no no no, do not do this, absolutely stay away from

NO! gently caress!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ularg posted:

Okay shouldn't that be something to report? Don't you think Reddit as a company would be a lot more sensitive to this issue than any others. Hopefully get r/thedonald closed.

It's an edit, that thread never existed.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Huzanko posted:

All of the calls to be bipartisan has gotten to our heads.

Pakled posted:

It's an edit, that thread never existed.

You know I trust you people. :argh:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

We're all in that quantum state where we don't know how much this will hurt him. In most states this'd be the end and we'd be heading towards an easy victory, but everyone is being pretty fair when they mention that this is Alabama. He'll dip in the polls, surely, but by one or by thirty is the question.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Well, it's not whether being a kiddie diddler is right or wrong, it's about Ds and Rs. If it were two republicans the diddler would get hosed. But when it's an R vs a D they all pull for the R. Party first

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Translation: "Retract your allegations publicly, or we'll make drat sure your life gets ruined."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Too bad Jesus isn't real enough to come back and beat these fuckers with a sack of oranges.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

:thunk:

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I want all the people defending Moore to watch that compilation of Richard Dawson kissing underage contestants on Family Feud and tell me whether or not they're okay with that.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

*grabs spear*

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Huzanko posted:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress is wrong with the Republican Party? This tops even a trump election in terms of WTF.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This is how cults get started

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

It's not blasphemy if we say it.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ularg posted:

All of the calls to be bipartisan has gotten to our heads.

You know I trust you people. :argh:

Bipartisanship is a pro-social desire, so I can't blame liberals too much. Conservatives just use liberals' strengths - a desire for cooperation and progress - against liberals. That's why conservatives are Lucy and liberals are Charlie Brown and society is the football.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
boy am I excited for the nation to be exposed to Alabama politicians in all their glory over the next month

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

lol, turn on a loving BBC documentary about the ocean while you fold your clothes, you basic BITCH!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Typical republican response. You attacked me (my party) so I will attack you

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Vladimir Putin posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the Republican Party? This tops even a trump election in terms of WTF.

They're bad people who believe bad things. It's hosed up that it's taking literal child molestation for some people to realize it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

mutata posted:

He'd be a lesser evil than Hatch probably maybe I hope please.

Just like we're all hoping Curtis is versus Chaffetz...

Also: anyone who thinks Handmaid's Tale is hyperbolic need only look to the official GOP response to allegations of child rape against one of their candidates.

To be fair, nobody has accused him of rape. All the stories from underage girls say he took them home when they asked. He's merely accused of sexual contact with a minor, which of course is indefensible in itself.

People will quibble on this point and use it to escape serious thought so it's worth being accurate.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Cillizza is loving scum

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/929015764744581147

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

I mean, you're the one posting dismissive memes about *puffs cigarette* leeberals when the topic of conversation is a no-poo poo sex criminal who wants to outlaw the gays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Zil posted:

It's not blasphemy if we say it.

The GOP has been doing this tower of babel poo poo longer than I can remember. The hypocrisy is disgusting, but not unexpected. I hope every one of these fuckers gets smote, Old Testament style.

• Locked thread