Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeh this what I have, works great, good size for everything you'll need right now unless you plan on getting NBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Bayonetta is a drag performance. It's a mockery of the standards of sexuality through exaggeration, and it's no coincidence every opponent she has are strange sexless alien automatons, in order to enhance the contrast.

CineD as gently caress.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Bayonetta is a drag performance. It's a mockery of the standards of sexuality through exaggeration, and it's no coincidence every opponent she has are strange sexless alien automatons, in order to enhance the contrast.

Thank you, this was a lot more eloquent than mine.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Al Borland Corp. posted:

sexless alien automatons, that she rides like a symbian.

Its male gaze: the game. sorry brah.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
bayonetta is an attempt at being a drag performance but it does not do enough to critique the male gaze it is attempting to ironically mock and winds up folding back in on itself. It never says anything about the tits and rear end it shoves in your face other than "wow this is a lot, right? also bayonetta is very strong."

Gameplay's really good though. worth it if you can get over the gaze.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yawn

Slow news day in switch world

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Impermanent posted:

bayonetta is an attempt at being a drag performance but it does not do enough to critique the male gaze it is attempting to ironically mock and winds up folding back in on itself. It never says anything about the tits and rear end it shoves in your face other than "wow this is a lot, right? also bayonetta is very strong."

Gameplay's really good though. worth it if you can get over the gaze.

What part of actual drag shows provide such critique?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Didn't the first Bayonneta game have a mode that let you play it with one-hand

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Didn't the first Bayonneta game have a mode that let you play it with one-hand

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-08-ablegamers-names-bayonetta-2-the-most-accessible-mainstream-game-of-2014

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would play a Heavy Metal themed action game.

Like Banner Saga but Bayonetta with a pre-VH Sammy Hagar soundtrack.

Fighting an evil orb and doing coke.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

That's cool

I never played a Bayonetta game. I'm awful at Platinum's games so I assume if I ever tried my fingers would curl up and fall off my knuckles out of shame.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

That's cool

I never played a Bayonetta game. I'm awful at Platinum's games so I assume if I ever tried my fingers would curl up and fall off my knuckles out of shame.

They are very easy on the easier difficulties so you should still play them

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trailer for Your Four Knight Princess Training Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa9yVr_ntKA

It comes out January in Japan, hopefully it won't take too long to make it the West

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Guy Goodbody posted:

Trailer for Your Four Knight Princess Training Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa9yVr_ntKA

It comes out January in Japan, hopefully it won't take too long to make it the West

Images are flashing by but I understand none of them.

...does one of them have a loving minigun?

EDIT: Yeah a minigun with a loving bayonet on it. Good lord.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 10, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Yea it looks like dogshit docked and it doesn’t run at a solid 30fps

Well that's not good.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What part of actual drag shows provide such critique?

it's implicit in the reappropriation of gendered dress and behavior by individuals for whom such behavior and dress is viewed as taboo. bayonetta is, as far as i know, neither trans nor cross-dressing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I never played Bayonetta until two months ago. I always though it was super creepy anime weirdo stuff.

I played it and it was super creepy anime weirdo stuff, but it is also loving hilarious. If you can't play those games without an ounce of awareness about how cringy it is then you are missing the point.

It's the Grindhouse of games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Impermanent posted:

it's implicit in the reappropriation of gendered dress and behavior by individuals for whom such behavior and dress is viewed as taboo. bayonetta is, as far as i know, neither trans nor cross-dressing.

Ah but here's where I got ya. Bayonetta is a computer program reappropriating gendered dress and behavior in a format where it is taboo. It's 21st century cyberpunk drag.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i might just buy it because its a handheld fps

is it better than killzone: mercenary, the last best handheld fps?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Ah but here's where I got ya. Bayonetta is a computer program reappropriating gendered dress and behavior in a format where it is taboo. It's 21st century cyberpunk drag.

Considering Bayonetta gets lumped in (somewhat unfairly) with a deluge of anime titty games, I am gonna say that it is not particularly taboo

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

ah poo poo, I didn't consider the value of queering heterosexual norms by causing my computer to identify as hyperfemme.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Considering Bayonetta gets lumped in (somewhat unfairly) with a deluge of anime titty games, I am gonna say that it is not particularly taboo

But the category it's getting lumped into is a taboo category, one of derision and offense.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What in the entire loving world.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

DLC Inc posted:

yeh this what I have, works great, good size for everything you'll need right now unless you plan on getting NBA

Good to know. Thanks!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna train that princess who loves turkey legs

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Bayonetta is... good. And the people who are complaining about it are... lame.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pyra is far worse than bayonetta

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

who?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tae posted:

By a mile

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bad tit:body and clothes:body ratio sword girl from hit upcoming game xenoblade chronicles 2

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ostentatious posted:

i might just buy it because its a handheld fps

is it better than killzone: mercenary, the last best handheld fps?

If you’re talking about Doom then I think it’s worth a buy. It’s been running at a pretty smooth 30FPS for me with rare short dips. I’m having a lot of fun with it.

Of course it’s better on PC and other consoles but if you really want it on handheld then it’s not a bad choice.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tae posted:

This kinda thing doesn’t justify either thing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DLC Inc posted:

Resident Evil 4 is absolutely going to find its way on Switch and I will certainly buy it and play it a 5th time

Hahaha, you're only on your 5th playthrough? :smug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Tae posted:

Bayonetta is many things but she is certainly an adult, which is a distressingly welcome reprieve from most other tiddygames.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rolo posted:

This kinda thing doesn’t justify either thing.

If this was a consistent thing, you would've mentioned and complained about Pyra at any point

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Bayonetta is cool you weird rear end nerds

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Tae posted:

If this was a consistent thing, you would've mentioned and complained about Pyra at any point

lmao people don't need to keep an ongoing google sheets document of all of the titty games to criticize them.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You can't objectify a sword, man.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just think her outfit is really bad and lazy. The short shorts+thong=clothing is very lazy on the rating scale of trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yo I love titties and I will not be shamed by the LIE-BERAL MEDIA. I am A MAN and I LOVE TITTIES.

• Locked thread