Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
edit wrong goddamned thread

OBAMNA PHONE has a new favorite as of 20:50 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I ate some last night and they were loving delicious so yeah

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also Burger King basically gives nuggets away so it's my go to whenever I want a cheap, horrible for me meal.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Basebf555 posted:

I remember that Jamie Oliver show, most people he encountered seem to be ignoring him because he's British. They'd all have that same "why is this up-tight dude British dude trying to tell us how to feed our kids" look on their face at all times.

I watched one episode of his show and it was painful how bad he was at making his point. I think the guy totally has noble intentions but isn't grounded in reality. In the episode I saw he was basically berating all these old lunch ladies about why they always served frozen stuff they heat up instead of hand-making fresh, healthy lunches for the kids. Then they explained to him that they are tasked with making lunch for hundreds of kids in a short amount of time on a shoestring budget.

Later he set up a taste-test with the kids at the school where the kids had the option of eating BBQ chicken with fresh veggies as sides or frozen pizza. He genuinely seemed perplexed that most of the kids ended up choosing the pizza because, well duh.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
https://twitter.com/thingswork/status/506475134845452289

https://twitter.com/McDonaldsCorp/status/507927694060052480

https://twitter.com/ThingsWork/status/507929856114720768

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Meat and bone paste aside, I think nuggets is one of the few foods where swapping in fake meat works. Nobody eats nuggets for the chicken anyway, they eating for the crispy fried coating. May as well swap the inside for textured vegetable protein or soy flour.

Trader Joe's has very good soy flour nuggets that were discontinued for a while, but now they're back! :yum:

For content: Schadenfruede is you if you don't live near a Trader Joe's and can't by their better-than-it-should-be gin for like $15/bottle :smug:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

I know some people have tried to make the chicken paste seem scary by falsely claiming that it's an entire goddamn bird mashed through a sieve, so you've got eyeballs and bits of bone that are too small to filter out too.

It's wealthy white people who have never stopped to think where food comes from. It's a weird double-standard; native Americans are mythologized as noble environmentalists for using every piece of the buffalo, but if a modern corporation in full compliance with food safety standards tries that, it's gross.

People have been coming up with ways to turn the inedible bits of animals into edible bits for as long as there have been people. Boudin noir, black pudding, chitlins, sweetbreads, steak and kidney pie, hog maws, head cheese, and yeah, eyeballs, would have been savored as delicious food by most people who have ever lived. It's only when people get rich enough to think of "food" only as something that comes wrapped in plastic from the supermarket that they start to get squeamish about how it's made.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Phanatic posted:

It's wealthy white people who have never stopped to think where food comes from. It's a weird double-standard; native Americans are mythologized as noble environmentalists for using every piece of the buffalo, but if a modern corporation in full compliance with food safety standards tries that, it's gross.

People have been coming up with ways to turn the inedible bits of animals into edible bits for as long as there have been people. Boudin noir, black pudding, chitlins, sweetbreads, steak and kidney pie, hog maws, head cheese, and yeah, eyeballs, would have been savored as delicious food by most people who have ever lived. It's only when people get rich enough to think of "food" only as something that comes wrapped in plastic from the supermarket that they start to get squeamish about how it's made.

This is a really interesting take. Good post my dude.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'd still take the people who get grossed out by chicken nugget videos over the ones who can't ever eat anything other than processed fast food because even innocuous stuff like a boneless chicken breast or fish is like too real for them or something. I guess they're so used to never having to feel like they're biting into a real animal that they've lost the taste for it completely.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Basebf555 posted:

I'd still take the people who get grossed out by chicken nugget videos over the ones who can't ever eat anything other than processed fast food because even innocuous stuff like a boneless chicken breast or fish is like too real for them or something. I guess they're so used to never having to feel like they're biting into a real animal that they've lost the taste for it completely.

This just sounds like disordered eating. There was an early episode of My Strange Addiction about a woman who only eats french fries, and like gags and has a meltdown if she tries to eat different food. Some people get: hosed up.

edit: might be thinking of Freaky Eaters. One of those TLC shows about people with major life problems

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

deadly_pudding posted:

This just sounds like disordered eating. There was an early episode of My Strange Addiction about a woman who only eats french fries, and like gags and has a meltdown if she tries to eat different food. Some people get: hosed up.

edit: might be thinking of Freaky Eaters. One of those TLC shows about people with major life problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

deadly_pudding posted:

It probably has a lot to do with psychological issues. It has to, otherwise I just can't understand why these finickiest of eaters don't make their own food. If I was only eating one thing you bet your rear end I would be imitating and then perfecting the recipe. People would say "he's weird, he only eats croquettes" and I'd shove a plate of the finest kroketten known to mankind under their nose.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

King of Foolians posted:

I watched one episode of his show and it was painful how bad he was at making his point. I think the guy totally has noble intentions but isn't grounded in reality. In the episode I saw he was basically berating all these old lunch ladies about why they always served frozen stuff they heat up instead of hand-making fresh, healthy lunches for the kids. Then they explained to him that they are tasked with making lunch for hundreds of kids in a short amount of time on a shoestring budget.

In one scene he suggested giving the kids cutlery to eat with, instead of just food that they could pick up with their hands. The lunch lady reacted with utter shock at the idea of kids having :siren:metal knives and forks:siren:, and wanted written documentation that schools in the UK allowed such an outrageous, dangerous practice.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
How often are you around children? That's a reasonable stance when it comes from someone who deals with others' children during their "break" on a daily basis

Anyways plastic knives and forks are a thing so maybe the conversation is moot

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Nov 10, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

In one scene he suggested giving the kids cutlery to eat with, instead of just food that they could pick up with their hands. The lunch lady reacted with utter shock at the idea of kids having :siren:metal knives and forks:siren:, and wanted written documentation that schools in the UK allowed such an outrageous, dangerous practice.

The gently caress? How old were these kids?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Knife Crime Island: Origins.

Here's Knife Crime Island: Interactive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFVkzYDNJqo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stoatbringer posted:

Admittedly, I know some schools here that I would not trust with giving the kids metal cutlery at lunch.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Oh my God, Louis CK just made an apology:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...ocid=spartanntp

I can't even elaborate, I'm laughing too hard at this egotistical gently caress.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeeeah the people who complain about "you're turnin the kids into giant wussies! *spits into cup full of dip*" are usually the very first to sue if their little Timmy gets hurt at school so

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Basebf555 posted:

If people raised as vegetarians can give up the habit and appreciate a good steak or drumstick, these people have no excuse

except mental illness.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Takezio posted:

I can't even elaborate, I'm laughing too hard at this egotistical gently caress.

It's actually a pretty good apology as far as that thing goes.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Burning_Monk posted:

It's actually a pretty good apology as far as that thing goes.

I agree. At least he seems remorseful and seems to be willing to take a look at himself and why he did this poo poo he did. Time will tell if he actually means any of it, or will take steps to make amends.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Stoatbringer posted:

Strange. We always had metal cutlery in school. Maybe it's an English thing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Here is the actual statement:

Marauding Masturbator Louis C.K. posted:

I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my d--- without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your d--- isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.

I have been remorseful of my actions. And I've tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I'm aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn't want to hear it. I didn't think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.

I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you've done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I'd be remiss to exclude the hurt that I've brought on people who I work with and have worked with who's professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I've brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.

I've brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

Thank you for reading.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Takezio posted:

that was probably the best "celebrity apology" thing i've seen

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Strange. We always had metal cutlery in school. Maybe it's an English thing.

I grew up in the US South and we had metal cutlery. No way the school was going to pay for hundreds of forks, spoons, and knives every single day. Were did hell do these plastic utensil elitists live?

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Marauding Masturbator Louis C.K. posted:

You got a hearty chuckle from me.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Slugnoid posted:

that was probably the best "celebrity apology" thing i've seen

best money can buy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

I grew up in the US South and we had metal cutlery. No way the school was going to pay for hundreds of forks, spoons, and knives every single day. Were did hell do these plastic utensil elitists live?

There are non-disposable plastic utensils you know.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

ravenkult posted:

best money can buy

the bar for celebrity apologies is not very high mind you

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

There are non-disposable plastic utensils you know.

Is that really what we are talking about, though?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

ravenkult posted:

best money can buy

Kevin Spacey should ask for his money back.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Rough Lobster posted:

That Girl statue deserves to have the piss taken out of it. Also the bull statue. Let's erect a giant unlicensed Pissing Clevin statue so he can piss on a Ford logo and have the piss ricochet onto each of the other incel statues.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

quote:

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.

Wait so he wasn't even just flashing random women his dick like some homeless man on the subway?

Dicks. Not even with permission.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

ravenkult posted:

best money can buy
Yeah, this. There's also no apology; he's just acknowledging what he did and the fact that he made things lovely for a lot of people.

There's an argument to be made that apologies should be saved for individual conversations, but calling the statement an apology seems...off.

edit: I need a dictionary

Grey Fox has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Nov 10, 2017

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

Wait so he wasn't even just flashing random women his dick like some homeless man on the subway?

Dicks. Not even with permission.

"Can I masturbate in front of you?"
"Haha what a jokester you are"
"*strips, dick out, masturbating*"

^This was one of the incidents. ASKING about it first doesn't mean proper permission was obtained after.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

Yeah, this. There's also no apology; he's just acknowledging what he did and the fact that he made things lovely for a lot of people.

There's an argument to be made that apologies should be saved for individual conversations, but calling the statement an apology seems...off.

Apology, a regretful acknowledgment of an offense.

Seems to fit. Even if he didn't use the words "I'm sorry." Let's not make this about semantics though.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

Seems to fit. Even if he didn't use the words "I'm sorry." Let's not make this about semantics though.
That's fair. Statement still seems like a last resort.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Burning_Monk posted:

Either it it's just a lovely attempt at damage control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/929105168083365888