Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kale
May 14, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Him refusing to do anything about twitter nazis makes a whooooooole lot of sense.

I think Twitter is just garbage in general and was never prepared for any of this sort of poo poo like Russia and MAGA people trying to use it to spread propaganda and hate speech in a coordinated fashion and of course doesn't care if doing something about it would hurt profits. Social Media still the worst invention of the 21st century that contributed most to turning people into idiots that can barely hold down a conversation anymore without turning everything into high drama intensity or a pointless circular argument.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-5069477/Japan-boost-online-regulation-killing-spree.html

I heard Japan of all countries is looking into regulating twitter recently as a means of curbing some of it's own domestic social problems and China just straight up bans it which normally would feel Draconian but in this case I think they have the right idea. This is off of one incident too in a country where it's not very common (murder not teen suicide) and the United States has had at least 3 major mass murder incidents in the last month or two and refuses to do anything about it at all.

quote:

"We absolutely have to take steps to prevent this happening again," said Suga, who is the government's top spokesman, adding that authorities should also improve support for young people who posted these desperate messages online.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocartax
Feb 12, 2016

Oh, this is bad, this is really bad! You work, and you slave, and you steal just enough for a sweet lick of that shiny brass ring.

Don't I get a lick?

Doesn't Gil get a lick?!

enraged_camel posted:

hmm yeah you're only three pages late

And these accusations are three days late

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Phlag posted:

Right-wing wackos are now claiming that they were offered $1,000 to lie about being sexually assaulted by Roy Moore. :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/MikeTokes/status/929066060854149120

literally a person with #MAGA in their username saying "my cousin says this happened"

it is impossible to be less credible

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s a chad

Men with normal social skills who can speak to women as though they are just people.

Good Tuesday
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone can be racist, even me.

:heritage:
Don't argue with me about gun control or I'll call you out on your racial heritage!
http://www.businessinsider.com/devin-nunes-michael-flynn-turkey-russia-2017-11

"Devin Nunes attended a breakfast with Michael Flynn and Turkey's foreign minister just before the inauguration"

so uhhhhh

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phlag posted:

Right-wing wackos are now claiming that they were offered $1,000 to lie about being sexually assaulted by Roy Moore. :rolleyes:

i'm dying at "cc @FBI"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I read that post as using the term ironically, come on guys.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Phlag posted:

Yes yes what a profoundly interesting coincidence.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

You guys realize you don't have to post every random thought here that enters your head right? This thread is really embarrassing to read a lot of the time.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s a chad

the reason why extremely online men can't get laid. these dorks will make "chadmorphs" of their face to show what they would have to look like to get women to pay attention to them

the joke is most of the time these dudes look alright but they've convinced themselves they're unfuckable, so they become unfuckable

this is what body image issues caused by mass media look like when you mix them with toxic masculinity

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

beejay posted:

You guys realize you don't have to post every random thought here that enters your head right? This thread is really embarrassing to read a lot of the time.

Cool, man.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s a chad

A miserable pile of secrets, but enough talk.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

beejay posted:

We don't just post our random thoughts.

Also, does anyone know if peanut butter and nutella together makes a good sandwich and does it pair well with a Blue Moon beer?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

boner confessor posted:

the reason why extremely online men can't get laid. these dorks will make "chadmorphs" of their face to show what they would have to look like to get women to pay attention to them

the joke is most of the time these dudes look alright but they've convinced themselves they're unfuckable, so they become unfuckable

:lol: that's pretty loving funny

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

beejay posted:

thanks for the post, thread is much better now

boner confessor posted:

this is what body image issues caused by mass media look like when you mix them with toxic masculinity

that dude would look fine with some basic grooming and regular exercise

so in other words 110% more effort than he's willing to put in I guess

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/929080719934214144

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Honestly if you don't look like BJ Blazkowicz then you should die alone

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

boner confessor posted:

Someone has played way too much Gears of War.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

most of us went to college.

you didn't meet 2000 people you wanted to gently caress in college unless your standards are so low only a borehole could reach 'em.
Oh, I thought we were talking about 400-500. Then again, my University has has a TON of students, so I'm not 100% sure.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

boner confessor posted:

The ironic thing is he's actually cuter before the morph. But I am a bi dude who likes twinks so that might just be me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Phlag posted:

lol this guy has me blocked and i've never heard of him.

Wark Say posted:

Oh, I thought we were talking about 400-500. Then again, my University has has a TON of students, so I'm not 100% sure.

that's still an unrealistically high number of fuckable people to meet.

i've been on tinder for years and i don't think i've seen that many swiping.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

my bony fealty posted:

thanks for the post, thread is much better now

that dude would look fine with some basic grooming and regular exercise

so in other words 110% more effort than he's willing to put in I guess

all you have to do to be an incel is to throw an endless screaming tantrum about how you never have to change or grow as a person, and how reality should conform to your expectations to supply you with the social and sexual rewards you deserve just for existing

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

boner confessor posted:

All this dude needs is a better haircut, jesus.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

A miserable pile of secrets, but enough talk.

I just want to put out there that these posts never seem to get a reaction, but I personally appreciate them every time I see them. Thank you.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Groovelord Neato posted:

Smart man.

I'm pretty sure I hooked up with around 100 people in a year just out of college. I was underemployed and gay in a big city tho, so YMMV.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
That parallel implies that the accuser really was molested, but accidentally thought Moore did it.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kale posted:

I think Twitter is just garbage in general and was never prepared for any of this sort of poo poo like Russia and MAGA people trying to use it to spread propaganda and hate speech in a coordinated fashion and of course doesn't care if doing something about it would hurt profits. Social Media still the worst invention of the 21st century that contributed most to turning people into idiots that can barely hold down a conversation anymore without turning everything into high drama intensity or a pointless circular argument.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-5069477/Japan-boost-online-regulation-killing-spree.html

I heard Japan of all countries is looking into regulating twitter recently as a means of curbing some of it's own domestic social problems and China just straight up bans it which normally would feel Draconian but in this case I think they have the right idea. This is off of one incident too in a country where it's not very common (murder not teen suicide) and the United States has had at least 3 major mass murder incidents in the last month or two and refuses to do anything about it at all.

Social media started out OK but grew so much that it turned really negative. I mean I’m all for a method to keep in touch with friends or to have friends know what you’re up to instantly. But you should NOT be getting your news from social media. And you should NOT be taking people’s fictionalized social media lives at face value.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

So are these people the American version of the Hikikomori of Japan?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

boner confessor posted:

It's like that guy digitally rendering himself into a pokemon with the same haircut except worse.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's still an unrealistically high number of fuckable people to meet.

i've been on tinder for years and i don't think i've seen that many swiping.

https://twitter.com/MikeTokes/status/929081990917210112

pretty sure boosting the #RoyMooreChildMolester tag isn't going to help your cause no matter the content of the tweet

this guy a bonehead lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BougieBitch posted:

Smart man.

I'm pretty sure I hooked up with around 100 people in a year just out of college. I was underemployed and gay in a big city tho, so YMMV.

how do you not know hooking up is way easier for gays.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

beejay posted:

:raise:

:confused:

Kale
May 14, 2010

beejay posted:

This is true. For me it's the sharing alt-right takes from alt-right corners of the internet that are just gonna kind of make them on an hourly basis that some people think are super important to get the word out on but really aren't at all and mainly just the standard internet memery antics of said crowd or the usual daily bullshit from people that don't matter. Alabama State legislators super bad take on the Roy Moore thing, important and worth extended commentary. Mike Cernovich's latest bullshit, not so loving much. I don't even really care what this Krang T Nelson guy has to say much really because I don't take ANTIFA seriously as a force for positive change and never had and think they do far more harm for the Anti-MAGA messaging than help.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Wark Say posted:

How does a university with 140,000 students even function? :psyduck:

Skimming the article, I guess it's just super spread out?

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Groovelord Neato posted:

how do you not know hooking up is way easier for gays.

How do you know the people the OP was talking about weren't gay?

Edit: I'd argue that living in a city is a way bigger factor anyway, ain't nobody getting the D that regularly in rural alabama

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Incel memes are the end result of many, many cycles of reinforcement and negative oneupmanship (onedownmanship?) by a highly toxic in-group rife with untreated mental illness.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

boner confessor posted:

all you have to do to be an incel is to throw an endless screaming tantrum about how you never have to change or grow as a person, and how reality should conform to your expectations to supply you with the social and sexual rewards you deserve just for existing

I feel like that’s almost a white baby boomer argument. Maybe that’s why Trump gets so much traction in some circles whether you are young or old.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

my bony fealty posted:

pretty sure boosting the #RoyMooreChildMolester tag isn't going to help your cause no matter the content of the tweet

this guy a bonehead lol

That is some serious face blindness, jfc

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vladimir Putin posted:

I feel like that’s almost a white baby boomer argument. Maybe that’s why Trump gets so much traction in some circles whether you are young or old.

yeah, there's a shitload of entitlement. also this

haveblue posted:

Incel memes are the end result of many, many cycles of reinforcement and negative oneupmanship (onedownmanship?) by a highly toxic in-group rife with untreated mental illness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

my bony fealty posted:

this guy a bonehead lol

Actually think about this...if this were true would you blame her?

• Locked thread