Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I could do with a good stealth-action game now Metal Gear is done. I liked the original back in the day, although I'm sure it's aged terribly.

Better have an infinite taser that sets people on fire though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tenchu plz

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 10, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ghosts of tsushima looks like it'll be a good tenchu substitute this generation.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Ghosts of tsushima looks like it'll be a good tenchu substitute this generation.

Agreed, but it'll never have that MUSIC :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQIYoiKZ5Oo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpPLGtG2Nk8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YF_T4MZBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux5Jw3_5Vdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuatOQOTVNw

edit; Noriyuki Asakura is a god

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 10, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Have you played Shinobido?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Have you played Shinobido?

Yeah, and I know it's Acquire as well, though that was back on the PS2 along with Tenchu 3 (K2)...before those games were all killed off by the open world genre.

I was really hoping for a new Tenchu game when the PS4 was announced, since Acquire bought the rights back to the franchise and was listed as a dev for the PS4. And everything else about the PS4 has been a love letter to the PSX generation.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Syphon Filter (the PS1 ones) was awesome back in the day but I find it completely unplayable now due to the graphics. Same with MGS1.

Early polygonal games aged horrifically compared to sprite based games from the same era.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, and I know it's Acquire as well, though that was back on the PS2 along with Tenchu 3 (K2)...before those games were all killed off by the open world genre.

I was really hoping for a new Tenchu game when the PS4 was announced, since Acquire bought the rights back to the franchise and was listed as a dev for the PS4. And everything else about the PS4 has been a love letter to the PSX generation.

Well there's a second Shinobido game on Vita that even got a US release if you really are jonesing that hard for stealth ninja action. It's pretty fun!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

Syphon Filter (the PS1 ones) was awesome back in the day but I find it completely unplayable now due to the graphics. Same with MGS1.

Early polygonal games aged horrifically compared to sprite based games from the same era.

I would much rather have games that looked like the old low poly PSX and PS2 stuff than a large chunk of current graphics. Everything that was done to make up for engine and power limitations made for way more varied and interesting visual designs, especially when you could see the influences of individual designers from the same studio.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think MGS1 has aged really well actually. Kojima specifically said he wanted faces that were a bit obscured so that they would age more gracefully, unlike those of FF8 a year later which look real bad now.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

I think MGS1 has aged really well actually. Kojima specifically said he wanted faces that were a bit obscured so that they would age more gracefully, unlike those of FF8 a year later which look real bad now.

The backgrounds and FMVs on FF8 have aged fairly well IMO.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Morby posted:

The backgrounds and FMVs on FF8 have aged fairly well IMO.

Yeah, agreed. Was referring to in-game character models tho

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8gaMmwaEM0

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
You know what game I’m going to say has aged very well but won’t check beforehand to see if that’s even remotely true? The original Digimon World.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man the Tenchu soundtrack owned

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I played MGS not that many years ago and I loved it. Holds up really well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fruit on the bottom posted:

You know what game I’m going to say has aged very well but won’t check beforehand to see if that’s even remotely true? The original Digimon World.

It's true, you had no idea how to play it then, and you would have no idea now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Man the Tenchu soundtrack owned

Yeah, I eventually got used to it and ended up LOVING Tenchu 2 warts and all, but I was initially startled to find it had no music during the levels. What music that was there was pretty great tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZF5NZLZL7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwCn0T83n_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1DEJHncng

And even though it was by a different dev Tenchu 3 still had some badass tunes by him, though much of it was far more experimental, but the Ronin Village track is loving dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuVZw_Mwvxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcBfSVTvzc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fruit on the bottom posted:

Its systems are extremely poorly documented and obtuse so even with guides you are up poo poo creek if you try to get through it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat hzd dlc.
Very cool. Kinda sad that the new monsters are all mammals tho. Game never had enough dinos for my taste.

Congrats to guerrilla for becoming a good studio finally. Hope the sequel can streamline a few things.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I just remember that bullshit haggling mini game where those fuckers would keep walking out at VERY REASONABLE PRICES

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Give me the taser with the insane range and all is well.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh give me the taser with the insane range i wanna get lost in your rock and roll and just drift away

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The hell?

De blob is coming to ps4 next week?

For some reason I thought that was a wii exclusive game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was actually also ported to PC awhile ago.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ineffiable posted:

The hell?

sounds like nintendos empire is crumbling before their eyes

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Give me the taser with the insane range and all is well.

Didn't one of the Syphon Filter commercials hype how you could use the taser to set people on fire

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Beat hzd dlc.
Very cool. Kinda sad that the new monsters are all mammals tho. Game never had enough dinos for my taste.

Congrats to guerrilla for becoming a good studio finally. Hope the sequel can streamline a few things.

Isn't that first thing you run into basically a triceratops?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Didn't one of the Syphon Filter commercials hype how you could use the taser to set people on fire

They skipped out on the fire part, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gykgQ6vfcgk

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Digirat posted:

It was actually also ported to PC awhile ago.

Kind of weird it's being revived all of a sudden for like... A 9 year old game? Oh well more options is always good even if I'm not gonna buy it.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Gabe Logan coming for ISIS, y'all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Isn't that first thing you run into basically a triceratops?

Oh i thought it was like a cat but i never seem to actually look closely at complicated 3d art in motion.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ineffiable posted:

The hell?

My friend worked on DeBlob. It was the first Wii game I got to play, as he let me have a go of it in development before the Wii was officially launched which really upset my massive nintendo fanboy friend who was hanging out to get one.

DeBlob 2 was a multi console release, I think it was just the first game that was a Wii exclusive so it's not like they were a Nintendo dev.

Oh and I finished CoD:WW2 on the veteran difficulty last night... that was a very unpleasant experience that I do not recommend to most people. I am seriously surprised I did not put my fist thru my monitor at one point.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, agreed. Was referring to in-game character models tho

Definitely. Really all I want is for an HD remaster of all the PS1 FF games, including the remasters for 4, 5, and 6.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Morby posted:

Definitely. Really all I want is for an HD remaster of all the PS1 FF games, including the remasters for 4, 5, and 6.

Do you mean new remasters? That would be a lot of work. The best looking edition of ff4/5/6 are those gba editions. Forget those bastard phone ones.

It'd be cool to get better resolution editions of those psp ff games. The remake of 1/2.

3 has a psp edition doesn't it, so maybe upscale that and call it a day. So for 4/5/6 what are they gonna do? Remasters with new assets? That's a lot of work.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They'd just be ports of the phone games and you don't want that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

homeless snail posted:

They'd just be ports of the phone games and you don't want that.

Yeah and we can't ever get the gba editions on Playstation because Nintendo is gonna have an iron fist on those.

It is a crime that the best looking editions of ff1/ff2 are stuck on umds. Can't ever get them on a vita/pstv. Same for those star ocean games. I know, homebrew could fix all that.

Actually serious question. I know the answer is lol sony doesn't care about bc but is there really any reason the ps4 couldn't play psp/vita games? It would be a nice way to expand the collection of games. I know a good portion of them wouldn't look very good but the option would be there and it'd be nice to have them going forward.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
What? The GBA versions of the FF games definitely look worse than the SNES versions; they run at a lower resolution. They also sound worse due to the GBA's less powerful sound chip.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ineffiable posted:

The hell?

Bluetongue is dead, as is THQ. Nordic Games THQNordic has the license now, so they're just making some money off their THQ acquisitions.

And clearly they should be releasing a port of both games for the Switch :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Battlefront is gonna have pay 2 win loot boxes, more at 11

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-battle...dium=Socialflow