Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Bayonetta is cool you weird rear end nerds

Crazy right? Maybe people should play the games they like without expecting the ones they don’t like to conform to thinkpiece subculture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tae posted:

If this was a consistent thing, you would've mentioned and complained about Pyra at any point

Jesus Christ.

Impermanent posted:

lmao people don't need to keep an ongoing google sheets document of all of the titty games to criticize them.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

bloodysabbath posted:

Crazy right? Maybe people should play the games they like without expecting the ones they don’t like to conform to thinkpiece subculture.

All I did was laugh at it and voice my opinion that it’s creepy as poo poo. I’m not saying you’re not allowed to like it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yo I love titties and I will not be shamed by the LIE-BERAL MEDIA. I am A MAN and I LOVE TITTIES.

Personally the sexual organ I love most is the brain.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The best parts of Bayonetta is brutally killing angels and throwing god into the sun.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Anyway, Bayonetta has like top-3 caliber most rewarding action gameplay in video game history, and a completely rad enemy aesthetic. Sorry you hate faux horniness as a camp element.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm sorry if this has been posted already but I'm not going through the last thousand posts I've missed to check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-YDxH6It8

The game sounds in Mario Odyssey adjust their tempo and pitch to match the background music. :psypop:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The "its ironic" defence.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Did...did we talk about today's new Rare Blade reveals?

Did we already talk about their artist?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I thought everybody dropped their hangups about Bayonetta years ago, but here we are I guess.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
God drat I love my switch . I was iffy on buying Binding of Isaac for like the third time but I had never played any of the new Rebirth+ stuff and the game is perfect in handheld mode . Excited to get my TV moved in to the new place so I can actually see Mario on the big screen ..... just finished Metro Kingdom and I've only played handheld so far (also I am REALLY impressed with the battery life on this thing, it blows my mind that I can get hours of Mario out of it)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Impermanent posted:

bayonetta is an attempt at being a drag performance but it does not do enough to critique the male gaze it is attempting to ironically mock and winds up folding back in on itself. It never says anything about the tits and rear end it shoves in your face other than "wow this is a lot, right? also bayonetta is very strong."

Gameplay's really good though. worth it if you can get over the gaze.

I got a gaze you can get over bitch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Has anyone made a Steam-thread-style chart for this one, since I'm pretty sure this has come around dozens of times in this thread alone

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Honestly, this is only about 20% as bad as the Steven Universe thread gets during the massive hiatus periods between new episodes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

tap my mountain posted:

I thought everybody dropped their hangups about Bayonetta years ago, but here we are I guess.

Bayonetta goes too far sometimes.

Like how she's fighting Bowser Jr. in her Smash reveal trailer while also going "Ask your mum" at the same time.

That's a touchy subject for the boy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Bayonetta goes too far sometimes.

Like how she's fighting Bowser Jr. in her Smash reveal trailer while also going "Ask your mum" at the same time.

That's a touchy subject for the boy.

They showed the EVO Super Smash Bros. 4 finals on Disney XD and the winner took Bayonetta all the way, I hope that inspired a lot of kids to ask their parents for that Bayonetta game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey Capcom making a new Ace Attorney for Switch is loving rad you guys just wanted to say that

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Policenaut posted:

Hey Capcom making a new Ace Attorney for Switch is loving rad you guys just wanted to say that

As long as I can scream OBJECTION at my console.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Policenaut posted:

Are we sure its new? It might just be a compilation of the 3DS games like they did with the DS games on the 3DS.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Yeah I'll reserve my excitement for confirmation of a new title.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zore posted:

Are we sure its new? It might just be a compilation of the 3DS games like they did with the DS games on the 3DS.

Given Capcom there's a high likelihood that yeah it'll probably just be some kind of Phoenix Wright super collection but just having Nick and friends on a console that I can also kinda carry around with me if the power goes out is nice too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm not sure even my great love of Ace Attorney would be enough to compel me to buy them a third time

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
We have no info to suggest it will be a fresh new title but it won't stop articles from implying that in their headlines

I'm curious to learn more as well, the recent one was surprisingly solid after 4 and 5, which were too lukewarm and ZANY for my tastes

The best case will forever be 1-1 because it made me believe that the series would be much more grounded and less stupid anime antics, though a few other of my favorites include 2-2, 2-4, and the IN THE PAST scenarios from 3 (despite being peak anime tbh)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zore posted:

I would be OK with that

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Mega64 posted:

You can't objectify a sword, man.

Unless you're Jackie Treehorn.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh cool when did Hulu get on this?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh cool when did Hulu get on this?

Just yesterday. I hope YouTube and Netflix aren’t far off.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I completely missed everything with the WiiU, including Smash. What's the general idea for the Switch version? Has anything been announced or hinted at, or is everyone just assuming it'll be on there someday?

Not that I'd argue with that assumption, just wondering how much we officially know.

Goddamn, I miss playing Smash.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rolo posted:

All I did was laugh at it and voice my opinion that it’s creepy as poo poo. I’m not saying you’re not allowed to like it.

Goons get hyper defensive about their anime titty game, news at eleven.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I completely missed everything with the WiiU, including Smash. What's the general idea for the Switch version? Has anything been announced or hinted at, or is everyone just assuming it'll be on there someday?

Not that I'd argue with that assumption, just wondering how much we officially know.

As far as I know, there is nothing except our prayers. Smash 4 is amazing though and so much better than Brawl-- even if we just get a Mario Kart 8 DX style port I'd be thrilled

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reggie has said there will be a Smash game on Switch. Some people, including myself, figure it will be a deluxe version of Smash 4 because it has an insane roster already and starting over from scratch seems kinda like a waste when most people didn’t even play it on Wii U.

Combing content from the 3DS and Wii U versions plus adding more stuff seems to be the smart logical way to go but who knows with Nintendo.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

goferchan posted:

As far as I know, there is nothing except our prayers. Smash 4 is amazing though and so much better than Brawl-- even if we just get a Mario Kart 8 DX style port I'd be thrilled

I’m more hyped for smash than anything else Nintendo right now. If it’s anything like 1-2 and online I’ll buy it day one and be very happy.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Rolo posted:

I’m more hyped for smash than anything else Nintendo right now. If it’s anything like 1-2 and online I’ll buy it day one and be very happy.

My cat's named Ridley, so I'm gonna be sad when he invariably is still not a playable character.

But then I'll play more smash and be fine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

That's great. I'm absolutely the target audience for something like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, because I'm among the massive number of people who just skipped the WiiU. I fully support upgraded (or just straight) ports of WiiU games to the Switch :allears:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
How many wii u games could theoretically be ported over anyways? Assuming they don't require two screens at the same time. I skipped the wii u too, so I only know about five games that were on it anyways.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Trailer for Your Four Knight Princess Training Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa9yVr_ntKA

It comes out January in Japan, hopefully it won't take too long to make it the West

lmao @ those talking animations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

As Nero Danced posted:

How many wii u games could theoretically be ported over anyways? Assuming they don't require two screens at the same time. I skipped the wii u too, so I only know about five games that were on it anyways.

Pretty much all the good ones could be ported over easily except like Nintendo Land. Most Wii U games just used the pad for either semi portable play or inventory.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

All games could be easily ported over except for like a couple of games within Nintendoland

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i hope smash on switch is just a port of the n64 game (the secret best smash) with added online functionality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Some might require some changes, like 3D World had some gamepad functionality. Wonderful 101 used the pad, but you could substitute the R stick for the drawing stuff. TMS had the Line-esque stuff and maps etc on the Gamepad, you could just move all that to menus or whatever.

• Locked thread