Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Stiev Awt posted:

I never want to see Torrey Mitchell on the first line or Joe Morrow in a habs uniform ever again.

quote:

I never want to see Torrey Mitchell on the first line...ever again.

quote:

Torrey Mitchell on the first line

quote:

Torrey Mitchell...first line

Nope, sorry. I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tampa is legitimately scary this year.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

iospace posted:

You haven’t made it until Aphrodite casually implies that your team has no fans.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
scary because no one is actually in the arena, which is full of ghosts

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JawKnee posted:

scary because no one is actually in the arena, which is full of ghosts

Poor Martin Gelinas :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

They are a drat buzzsaw and I was happy the Jackets found a way to overcome The Most Dangerous LeadTM and take them to overtime last week, even if they lost, because I figured it was over when it was 4-2.

Good safety team to have and I look forward to watching them on TV when I'm in Florida in a couple weeks.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Kucherov is incredible. Good loving lord. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he and Stamkos both score 100 points.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Anthony Mantha looks legit on Detroit and it's a bummer that he's going to waste so many good years on this dogshit team. Dylan Larkin having a good rebound year, too.

Not trading Tatar or Nyquist last year or two years ago is looking like more and more of a mistake, too.

Fire Holland. Thanks and god bless.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Just watching those Devils-Oilers highlights... really cool to see Brian Boyle back out on the ice, especially in a red jersey instead of a blue one.

Also, I think the NHL should ban McDavid from playing in OT because his speed is unfair 3v3.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah, just wait for The Trade 2.0 with McDavid.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

iospace posted:

Nah, just wait for The Trade 2.0 with McDavid.

McDavid for Palmieri. The deal is one for one.

Everyone knows the Oilers need secondary scoring and sometimes you have to give to get.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

McDavid for Palmieri. The deal is one for one.

Everyone knows the Oilers need secondary scoring and sometimes you have to give to get.

This but Drai in 2 years and everyone agrees it’s a good trade because he’s got a massive albatross of a contract.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Teams can look past the contract when they look at the quality of player they're getting.

And also that the Oilers will eat 50% of his salary.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/929030573930307584

gently caress Mark Messier

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That is a wild contract.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that's a super neat find

Jordan7hm posted:

That is a wild contract.

No, they weren't formed for another few years :rimshot:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Holy poo poo, that contract is ridiculous. No wonder he left the Rangers. It was also worth it to see the total destruction of the Canucks brought on by him. :911:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Shame that #11 wasn't 11) on the list.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It's a testament to how bad the Oilers are that even Mcdavid can't save them. He's so damned good.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

No, they weren't formed for another few years :rimshot:

goddamnit

The loan thing is just ... strange.

Also "player will reside in the state of washington".

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
messier did 9. #11

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NHL should have attached a performance contract to McDavid. If the Oilers don't pull their stupid rear end out of the gutter, McDavid gets lottoed to a team that will actually accomplish something with a generational talent.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

xzzy posted:

NHL should have attached a performance contract to McDavid. If the Oilers don't pull their stupid rear end out of the gutter, McDavid gets lottoed to a team that will actually accomplish something with a generational talent.

I know the Penguins need help this year, but please, they already had Lemieux, Jagr, and Crosby.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think I'd actually prefer the pens win a cup every year for 10 years than watch the Oilers ruin another young player.

Though I suppose by year five I'd start to regret this opinion.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jordan7hm posted:

goddamnit

The loan thing is just ... strange.

Also "player will reside in the state of washington".

Washington state doesn't have personal income tax. Thats the only reason I can come up with. I wonder if he lived in Point Roberts or something.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

a false posted:

messier did 9. #11

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I wonder if he lived in Point Roberts or something.

He probably did, it's pretty common for Canucks players to do it. Bure, Mogilny and Torts all lived there and commuted the hour to Vancouver largely for tax reasons.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

I think I'd actually prefer the pens win a cup every year for 10 years than watch the Oilers ruin another young player.

Though I suppose by year five I'd start to regret this opinion.

Would Yak be any better off if someone else had drafted him? Would Nuge? TayTay turned out just fine. Their problems seem to be more along the lines of them surrounding what talent they have with utter poo poo for a supporting cast.

The difference in Schultz on the Oilers vs Schultz on the Pens is pretty staggering though.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
https://twitter.com/petbugs13/status/929043604386955264

lol

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

ThinkTank posted:

He probably did, it's pretty common for Canucks players to do it. Bure, Mogilny and Torts all lived there and commuted the hour to Vancouver largely for tax reasons.

Messier had a good deal with that 3br corporate apartment. Torts just got a bed in his office.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

a false posted:

messier did 9. #11

Elbows can melt modano brains

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Chad Sexington posted:

Just watching those Devils-Oilers highlights... really cool to see Brian Boyle back out on the ice, especially in a red jersey instead of a blue one.

Also, I think the NHL should ban McDavid from playing in OT because his speed is unfair 3v3.

After looking at the play again hours later I don't know why I am just now seeing what a dumpster fire the Devils are defensively.

https://twitter.com/HLHkyAllStar/status/928825096428326912

What is this franchise even about anymore? Young, exciting offensive talent? Disgusting. That's not the team I grew up with. We need more Scott Stevens concussifying defensive types and brutal, brutal trap play in the neutral zone. Someone needs to Make The Devils Great Again.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Chad Sexington posted:

What is this franchise even about anymore? Young, exciting offensive talent? Disgusting. That's not the team I grew up with. We need more Scott Stevens concussifying defensive types and brutal, brutal trap play in the neutral zone. Someone needs to Make The Devils Great Again.

The franchise is about two years away from talking about being done rebuilding. That roster is in desparate need of about two more good, mobile defensemen.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Karlsson update: Now 1 point back of Pietrangelo in 7 less games played.

Going back to last year's big center trade for the Sens, I'm really happy with the Zibanejad-Brassard trade so far. Stone-Brassard-X is the best line Ottawa's had since the Pizza years. Brassard was a bit snakebitten this year, but this year he looks great.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 10, 2017

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

They are a drat buzzsaw and I was happy the Jackets found a way to overcome The Most Dangerous LeadTM and take them to overtime last week, even if they lost, because I figured it was over when it was 4-2.

Good safety team to have and I look forward to watching them on TV when I'm in Florida in a couple weeks.

They're a good safety team because they don't leave you disappointed or with your rear end in a top hat puckered winning games by the skin of their teeth.

Alas, I have Toronto/Winnipeg/Vegas.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chad Sexington posted:

We need more Scott Stevens concussifying defensive types

Let me introduce you to Dalton Prout.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Braden Holtby is now the second fastest goalie to 200 wins ever, at 319 games, just behind Ken Dryden who took 311.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Gunjin posted:

Braden Holtby is now the second fastest goalie to 200 wins ever, at 319 games, just behind Ken Dryden who took 311.

On the flip side, Dryden won a Stanley cup after only 6 regular season games, whereas Holtby......

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It’s fun watching the caps beat the pens. It’s a seasonal thing, like the leaves falling.

Unfortunately it only happens when the leaves are falling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

That was probably Washington’s best game of the year. Barely noticed the Penguins superstars.

But that Orlov own-goal gave me flashbacks to Game 4 against the Penguins last postseason.

• Locked thread