Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

irlZaphod posted:

Some might require some changes, like 3D World had some gamepad functionality. Wonderful 101 used the pad, but you could substitute the R stick for the drawing stuff. TMS had the Line-esque stuff and maps etc on the Gamepad, you could just move all that to menus or whatever.

I remember 3D World strangely only had one level that you had to use the touch screen to reveal platforms. I hope that game gets ported, it’s easily the best coop Mario game. I’m happy that Odyssey has all those little cat Mario/Peach sprite references to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's great. I'm absolutely the target audience for something like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, because I'm among the massive number of people who just skipped the WiiU. I fully support upgraded (or just straight) ports of WiiU games to the Switch :allears:

I just got MK8d because like 4 friends have it and it’s such a perfect mix of skill and bullshit to have a great time.

Playing it online in my reading chair is so neat.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Well I just bought a Switch along with Mario Odyssey and the Pro Controller on an impulse buy during lunch at Target.

Question: is getting an Amiibo worth it for the in-game bonuses? Do they work for most games? I was thinking of maybe getting like, just Mario and maybe Link. No plans to start collecting them or anything.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

qbert posted:

Well I just bought a Switch along with Mario Odyssey and the Pro Controller on an impulse buy during lunch at Target.

Question: is getting an Amiibo worth it for the in-game bonuses? Do they work for most games? I was thinking of maybe getting like, just Mario and maybe Link. No plans to start collecting them or anything.

You can unlock everything in Odyssey without any amiibo.

Get them if you think they look cool. Most games either just let you unlock something early or offer something exclusive but small like Mii costumes in Mario Kart or exclusive items in Zelda.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tae posted:

Pyra is far worse than bayonetta

Pyra might actually be worse than any character from Agarest War, a fanservice dating sim SRPG series.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
How is This Is The Police?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ManSedan posted:

How is This Is The Police?

Completely unjustified switch price tax

Get on another system

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Did...did we talk about today's new Rare Blade reveals?

Did we already talk about their artist?

Well? Out with it!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Wendell posted:

Well? Out with it!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/10/xenoblade-chronicles-2-introduces-two-cute-water-ice-rare-blades-mikumari-seori/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/928887186006589441

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/928895429898485760

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
:thunk:

Maybe having dozens of different artists make designs for one game isn't a great idea.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Internet Kraken posted:

:thunk:

Maybe having dozens of different artists make designs for one game isn't a great idea.

You're right. It's the best idea.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

All the Blade designs are good. Every single one.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Game promised strong environment design, not good and cohesive character design.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Game promised strong environment design, not good and cohesive character design.

Luckily, it has both! The perfect game on the perfect system!

e: Those two new ones were made by the designer of KOS-MOS and T-ELOS from Xenosaga.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We know that in the game the Blades are artificial. So of course they're gonna look like they were designed by different people. Because, canonically, in the universe of the game they were designed by different people

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Why can't I mate with the blades

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

I remember 3D World strangely only had one level that you had to use the touch screen to reveal platforms. I hope that game gets ported, it’s easily the best coop Mario game. I’m happy that Odyssey has all those little cat Mario/Peach sprite references to it.

They had this gimmick in "Epic Dumpster Bear" that was basically just a 2d version of that level, and he just made the blocks colored and different buttons could move them if you wanted. You could pretty easily do that with 3d world if you wanted, plenty of spare buttons.

Epic Dumpster Bear sounds like garbage but it's secretly the 8th best 2d Mario game and 4th best Sonic game.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't think people will have too much trouble finding Switch units:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/nintendo-shows-confidence-in-switch-with-record-setting-production-plans/

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Pyra's problem isn't about her showing too much skin, it's just a nothing character design that you'd expect to see in like, a steam dating sim or some poo poo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

They're very sharp, it's too dangerous.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Night Blade posted:

Pyra's problem isn't about her showing too much skin, it's just a nothing character design that you'd expect to see in like, a steam dating sim or some poo poo.

She's a bit dull, but having seen some of the cutscenes they showed off in Treehouse videos, I think she'll be alright. I just hope there are costumes I can change them into because the default outfits are silly.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

She's a bit dull, but having seen some of the cutscenes they showed off in Treehouse videos, I think she'll be alright. I just hope there are costumes I can change them into because the default outfits are silly.

I for one, like the hot pants + chaps look Rex has going on. The deep dive helmet is also a great accessory to add to the overall outfit.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It must be a pain to buy new clothes for your sword.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Didn't they announce that outfits are fixed in this one? That's good because why would I want to switch Pyra's clothes in a hundred hour game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DOOMhavers can you confirm whether the DOOT skeleton is anywhere on the outside or inside cover as depicted in what I hope was not a cruel photoshop?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I own a Wii U and decent number of games I still would buy some of them again for the Switch, especially now that I've put the Wii U away for the time being.

3D World was a masterpiece and I really want more people to have the chance to play it. It does for SMB3 what Odyssey does for SM64.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I really really want switch mario maker.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Didn't they announce that outfits are fixed in this one? That's good because why would I want to switch Pyra's clothes in a hundred hour game.

Presumably, the effort put into designing equipment for previous Xenoblades is being put into new blade designs for 2.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AlphaKeny1 posted:

said the guy with six female aegislashes on his pokemon team

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The Switch is good but I... uh... don't know if it's going to be consistently selling over 2 million units per month for years to come. :stare:

Then again, the Wii sold more than that at the same point in its life so if they do it for just next year and adjust accordingly :shrug:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I really dislike her stupid thong. It bugs me. I'm hoping I can switch her to her alternate form more or less permanently and/or have a different main Blade for Rex because I'm already sick of looking at Pyra and the game isn't even out yet!

That said I did put down for a pre-order yesterday. I am cautiously optimistic for it. I like all the crazy Blade designs they have going on. If you don't like some, or even most of them, chances are you'll find enough you like to outfit your whole party. They're different enough that there's something out there for everyone, and that's cool.

I'm totally just going to ride around on the kitty Blade all the time, though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this is a complete and utter trainwreck of awful design

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Evil Fluffy posted:

The Switch is good but I... uh... don't know if it's going to be consistently selling over 2 million units per month for years to come. :stare:

Then again, the Wii sold more than that at the same point in its life so if they do it for just next year and adjust accordingly :shrug:

I’m curious how long it’ll take to pass xbone sales. It feels like that’ll happen eventually.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m curious how long it’ll take to pass xbone sales. It feels like that’ll happen eventually.

If it weren't for initial stock shortages it'd probably have happened already.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I guess this means Nintendo isn't going to stop releasing new games next year like people were worried

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
it's weird because I literally don't know a single person with a xbone

what exclusives does it have

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

DOOMhavers can you confirm whether the DOOT skeleton is anywhere on the outside or inside cover as depicted in what I hope was not a cruel photoshop?

Revenants do indeed show up about 1/3 of the way into the game, and you can indeed rip their heads off.

:toot:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

They don’t really have any exclusives. Their console exclusives also come out on PC except for Halo. Even then, they aren’t very good except for Cuphead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Halo 5

It doesn't have anything else because anything that is released on the Xbone inevitably comes to PC. Even among consoles though I'm not sure it even has many exclusives. I laughed so hard during their E3 presentation they made a big deal out of PubG and then it turned out to be a timed exclusive.

• Locked thread