Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
My Fast Son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

Now that I have all champs I’m going full gently caress You Got Mine wrt new players. Why should they get any champs for free, they should be $30 each

nobody is real but me

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Monicro posted:

My Fast Son

so wait did they refund all the runes cause if they did my account probably got credited like 200,000 ip lol

also is the new customization like way better or naw?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The new customization rules because you're actually choosing between poo poo that matters and influences the way you play instead of 0.5% Health vs 0.5% Armor or whatever

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wow, met with a login queue. Haven't seen that in ages. Remember the days of using the cheat code to bypass the queue? Good times.

What was your favorite version of the game/meta? Did you like the jungle that featured GHOST WOLF WARD or whatever the gently caress it was or the current one or just a plain ol' vanilla jg with buffs and nothing else?

I've been playing since beta because I am a glutton for punishment and I must say the new runes are a lot of fun to screw around with and have injected a bit more fun than I can recall for past updates. The more visceral feel of some of them and the stats panel thingy are nice.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I had forgotten about the cheat code, or that riot posted it on their support page, or that they later threatened to ban people for using it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

they overbuffed spellthiefs and karma can 1v2 at level 1 and also ultimate hat is very stupid on her

I saw Shiphtur playing Ultimate Hat Kassadin today, and it's incredibly stupid. You can eventually bring Riftwalk down to a 1s cooldown, which is hilariously broken when you combo it with Presence of Mind. Get one kill and then start chain-spamming 4 stack Riftwalk on everyone to instantly win the game.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Played my first ranked game today in ~150 games since the pick/ban change where I didn't ban Yasuo. A teammate picked him, fed incessantly and whined from the first minute about the lack of help and how the game was lost (at 3-2 in our favour, five minutes in). Guess it's back to banning Yasuo every game.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Played my first game since the preseason fluff was added and at the end I was rewarded with Battlecast Kog'Maw and Arcade Corki.

I didn't know I even had Corki.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Falconer posted:

Played my first game since the preseason fluff was added and at the end I was rewarded with Battlecast Kog'Maw and Arcade Corki.

I didn't know I even had Corki.

Chromas for Arcade Corki are available for IP atm.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

The Mash posted:

Played my first ranked game today in ~150 games since the pick/ban change where I didn't ban Yasuo. A teammate picked him, fed incessantly and whined from the first minute about the lack of help and how the game was lost (at 3-2 in our favour, five minutes in). Guess it's back to banning Yasuo every game.

:five:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

I know she's meant to be bad, but Kindred is so much fun.

kindred is my friend. i invite lamb and wolf over to my dinner parties regularly. you might not believe it but actually wolf is an established tailor and when he is not killing motherfuckers and condemning their souls to hell he has actually made garments for some very high profile clients.

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Trip report: dark harvest city build MF is extremely my poo poo. Slow start but once you build it up you poo poo out damage.

Now going to try assassin-ish bard with press the attack key stone.

New runes are fun to mess with!

Orv
May 4, 2011
What should I be doing with Kayn in the jungling bit of the game? It's been so long that I've actually had to interact with the jungle as a mechanic (god bless you Ivern) that the last time I did it was pre the most recent serious jungle changes.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

The Mash posted:

Chromas for Arcade Corki are available for IP atm.

No they aren't, they haven't been out long enough yet.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Have the end of season rewards for season 7 gone out yet?

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Trip report: don't go assassin bard. It's just painful. Still won, but not because I was there.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Orv posted:

What should I be doing with Kayn in the jungling bit of the game? It's been so long that I've actually had to interact with the jungle as a mechanic (god bless you Ivern) that the last time I did it was pre the most recent serious jungle changes.

mostly killing the jungle monsters and leaving the jungle to attack the enemy champions. you can also attack the lane minions after you succeed in your ambushes but if you stay and do that too long people get mad at you. practice looking at your minimap more and trying to predict peoples movement, a lot of jungling is about predicting when the enemy will be over-extended and being there right in time, rather than trying to react to stuff.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Klepto Udyr can get 5 points in every skill, letting him get to a quasi-level 20. He also never stops proccing bags of gold and can stay on you and doesn't do so much damage that you die before he gets paid as gently caress from slapping you. poo poo is unreal.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

mostly killing the jungle monsters and leaving the jungle to attack the enemy champions. you can also attack the lane minions after you succeed in your ambushes but if you stay and do that too long people get mad at you. practice looking at your minimap more and trying to predict peoples movement, a lot of jungling is about predicting when the enemy will be over-extended and being there right in time, rather than trying to react to stuff.

I actually meant how do I kill jungle monsters anymore, been loving around in practice games which necessitates no leash, but even so I feel like my clears are way too low to be practical even had I gotten one.

E: I've been exclusively jungling with Ivern for that long, yes.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 11, 2017

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Teikanmi posted:

Klepto Udyr can get 5 points in every skill, letting him get to a quasi-level 20. He also never stops proccing bags of gold and can stay on you and doesn't do so much damage that you die before he gets paid as gently caress from slapping you. poo poo is unreal.

Wait why does he get 5 points in every skill?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

d0grent posted:

Wait why does he get 5 points in every skill?

One of the items you can get from klepto is a skill point elixir.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Predator Skarner is actually pretty solid, first time he's felt decent to me in a while. Only downside is you have to play skarner

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Teikanmi posted:

Udyr only ever really gets to level 15 because any points in Phoenix are basically dead because it's a poo poo skill for poo poo players and has been since they cratered it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I nearly busted out laughing when I got an elixir of skill on Sona. Like what the gently caress

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Wait

Wait

WAIT

Klepto Jayce :stonk:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Orv posted:

I actually meant how do I kill jungle monsters anymore, been loving around in practice games which necessitates no leash, but even so I feel like my clears are way too low to be practical even had I gotten one.

E: I've been exclusively jungling with Ivern for that long, yes.

get a leash at bot lane, go to the other buff. never smite the first buff

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm really hoping they nerf Press the Attack, Coup, and Aftershock soon. Botlane has never felt more like a game of rocket tag than right now. You just loving instantly die as soon as a single bit of hard CC hits you.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Monicro posted:

My Fast Son

OH man these new rune things are crazy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

One thing the preseason's really hit home for me is that I wish they could do something about the lack of support starting item diversity. Right now, other positions have a few options for their opener depending on their goals for the lane and the matchups: Corrupting in matchups where you need sustain, Dark Seal for a more aggressive opener, Doran's Ring as a "safe" option, etc. Because support starting items are so deeply tied into your gold gen, you're never going to sell them, but the upgrades fill such specific niches that you're severely handicapping yourself by going, say, Relic Shield for the survivability in a tough matchup when you're playing Sona or whatever. It just really sucks having to build your entire rune set around Resolve or Inspiration/Resolve if you want to not get dumpstered by some Alistar + Lucian duo.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

I saw Shiphtur playing Ultimate Hat Kassadin today, and it's incredibly stupid. You can eventually bring Riftwalk down to a 1s cooldown, which is hilariously broken when you combo it with Presence of Mind. Get one kill and then start chain-spamming 4 stack Riftwalk on everyone to instantly win the game.

Alright that sounds pretty interesting and katarina reset levels of your team dies if kass stacks up and gets a pick.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I really enjoyed season 3 with the feeling that team play is important but if you are super fed and good at the game you can carry. I doubt this season will end up shaking out that way but the preseason has and is fun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

Alright that sounds pretty interesting and katarina reset levels of your team dies if kass stacks up and gets a pick.

One thing that annoys me when they do major shakeups like this is they sometimes don't care about throwing a few champions under the bus and give them 0 viable options to take in their "pick 1 out of 3" system.

Awhile ago it was making the AP jungle item a sheen item and sweeping fiddlesticks under the rug, the old mastery system before they introduced the improved stoneborn mastery nunu had literally nothing for a few months, and right now has nothing again and is getting some minor stat buffs to compensate for having nothing.

Meditation reliant APs and deathfire DOT characters are missing options right now too.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
So right now there's a ton of huge damage runes and a ton of runes that snowball through every means you can imagine, stats / objective damage / vision / speed, just everything. And also everyone has less defense at low levels due no longer being able to pick defensive runes appropriately. So things are extremely snowbally...............................

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Does anyone know what funds are good and what runes are bad yet??

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i wonder if theres a combination of runes and champions that could result in two top laners just afk smacking each other with grasp in a tank pact where they both vow to have 10000000 +1000 health by the 20 minute mark

probably pretty easy with two nasuses

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 11, 2017

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Work Friend Keven posted:

So right now there's a ton of huge damage runes and a ton of runes that snowball through every means you can imagine, stats / objective damage / vision / speed, just everything. And also everyone has less defense at low levels due no longer being able to pick defensive runes appropriately. So things are extremely snowbally...............................

i feel like ive been doing more damage on any char i play, but i dont feel like ive been taking more. consequently games have been really easy

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dumb pet peeve vent: whenever I see someone who bans 'none' in champ select I want to slap the keyboard out of their hands.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm going easy on people who forget to ban right now because a lot of people are declaring then immediately going to figure out a runeset and forgetting about the ban phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Verviticus posted:

i feel like ive been doing more damage on any char i play, but i dont feel like ive been taking more. consequently games have been really easy

Tbf the number of people who pick clearly incorrect runes is monstrous at the moment

• Locked thread