Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Blindeye posted:

I am now hard for the super baguette.

That thing will be faster in reverse than the NC is going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Only needed like 650 more xp for my second daily container so I said gently caress it and took the Nikolai for a spin. Got a supercontainer with 25 wyvern flags not bad

edit: also nice to see you ZombieLenin

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Looks like it might be a tree ship and not a premium, because here's another baguette

Richelieu, tier VIII.
Hit points - 54500, plating - 32 mm, belt - 330 mm. Main battery - 2x4 380 mm. Firing range - 23 km. HE damage - 5400, AP damage - 11900. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 291 m. HE initial velocity - 830 m/s. AP initial velocity - 830 m/s. Sigma count - 1.8. Maximum speed - 30.4 kt. Turning circle radius - 850 m., rudder shift time - 21.5 s. Surface detectability - 16.7 km, air detectability - 13.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 15.4 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction -19%.
Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft, Catapult Fighter
:frogsiren: Slot 4 - Engine Boost :frogsiren:

A tier 8 battleship that can go 34kts? Yes please

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
It is massively undergunned and it's only defense seem to be the speed boost...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Krogort posted:

It is massively undergunned and it's only defense seem to be the speed boost...

It's got the same number and calibre of main guns as Bismarck and only one less than Monarch, but has way better firing arcs, and the secondaries on that hull look like 5x3 155mm, even though it only had 3x3 historically. Don't see where undergunned is coming from.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 7, 2017

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

It doesn't appear to be the late war refit where the aft of the ship was 100% AA guns.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Well Bismark has peashooter for guns and make up for it with citadel proof armor, best secondaires, hydro and decent AA.
Richelieu will have none of that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The calibre of the main guns on Bismarck isn't the limiting factor, it's the accuracy. Richelieu won't have a turtleback no, but it will be able to fire all 8 guns while nose in or tightly angled, never needing to expose the broadside, and it should have 40mm deck armour.

e: Line is fleshing out

Expecting Courbet at 4 and a fictional ship at 3; also there's a rumour that looks like troll bait which has the tier 10 called Voltaire and armed with 4x4 380mm

ee: There's also a new tier 10 premium being worked on, presumably a clam war or ranked reward, a Des Moines clone called Salem

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 7, 2017

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

ee: There's also a new tier 10 premium being worked on, presumably a clam war or ranked reward, a Des Moines clone called Salem

Wasn't that in an event a while back as a "boss ship" (along with a Super Midway with godlike secondaries) played by supertesters and CCs? They should just keep the crazy stats for it because lol why not?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No idea, but I don't keep up with those things. This is what it is right now though

Hit points - 49700, plating - 25 mm, belt - 152 mm. Main battery - 3x3 203 mm. Firing range - 15.8 km. HE damage - 2800, AP damage - 5000. Reload time 5.5 s., 180 degree turn time - 30 s., maximum dispersion - 142 m. HE initial velocity - 823 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma count - 2.05. Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 770 m., rudder shift time - 8.6 s. Surface detectability - 13.4 km, air detectability - 9.9 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 8.2 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 7%.
Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire
Slot 3 - Surveillance Radar
Slot 4 - Repair Party

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Ahahahhaahahha that speed, concealment, and turret layout are so bad and they put it at t7 amazing.

I mean, sure... but it is essentially just a French Dreadnought ordered in 1913. Given that, it’s placement at tier 7 seems... excessive.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

With flags and speed boost the Richelieu can do 38.6 knots, it is said, because it's got the Charles Martel speed boost.

Also, leaks from Chinese supertesters have the final two ships in the liine:

IX - Alsace, no 3 design, super Richelieu with 3x4 380mm (15") guns
X - France, paper super super Richelieu, armed with 3x4 431mm/50 (16.9") guns

That's 2 quads forward, 1 quad aft

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean, sure... but it is essentially just a French Dreadnought ordered in 1913. Given that, it’s placement at tier 7 seems... excessive.

They kind of had an issue, in that the first French Dreadnought Courbet was too good for tier 3 because it was 8 years later than most, and they thought they had a hole at tier 7, so they dragged everything up a tier and created a modified Danton which swapped out the pre-Dread large secondary and tertiary battery for more primary. Problem is they dragged a tier 6 up to tier 7 creating a weakness, and the French had nothing in the vicinity or time span of the "Big 7" even on the board. In typical WG fashion though, they could have avoided that weakness easily by either using the other historical Lyon layout - superfiring pairs - or using the 1929 fast battleship proposal instead, but no, they had to do it this way.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 8, 2017

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

NTRabbit posted:

They kind of had an issue, in that the first French Dreadnought Courbet was too good for tier 3 because it was 8 years later than most, and they thought they had a hole at tier 7, so they dragged everything up a tier and created a modified Danton which swapped out the pre-Dread large secondary and tertiary battery for more primary. Problem is they dragged a tier 6 up to tier 7 creating a weakness, and the French had nothing in the vicinity or time span of the "Big 7" even on the board. In typical WG fashion though, they could have avoided that weakness easily by either using the other historical Lyon layout - superfiring pairs - or using the 1929 fast battleship proposal instead, but no, they had to do it this way.

Other than Strasbourg which they bizarrely left out of the tree, there's the 'B' design here which is more or less an Ersatz Yorck (probably tier 7 if wargaming ever puts in more ships from the actual good German navy).

But I don't know :wtc: wargaming are doing with the French lines, they already omitted real heavy cruiser classes in order to put the best (non American) treaty cruiser a tier below the Hipper and now they leave Strasbourg out of the battleship tree for some reason.
I suppose when they add French destroyers they will ignore the two full lines that can be researched using only wikipedia and add a bunch of random boats instead, and make Le Fantasque a premium tier 8 that goes 36 knots (I think the second half is a given).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

James Garfield posted:

Other than Strasbourg which they bizarrely left out of the tree, there's the 'B' design here which is more or less an Ersatz Yorck (probably tier 7 if wargaming ever puts in more ships from the actual good German navy).

In the process that led to the Dunkerque (26,500t type below), the French developed a 37,000t fast battleship in the late 1920s

Which would have looked something like this

As for Strasbourg, I can see why they left her out - all the tier 6 tree ships are essentially slow Super Dreadnoughts, QEs "fast battleship" label notwithstanding.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 8, 2017

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Man I am super bummed out the Halloween game is ending.

I really, really enjoyed it, especially the second part.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

NTRabbit posted:

In the process that led to the Dunkerque (26,500t type below), the French developed a 37,000t fast battleship in the late 1920s

Which would have looked something like this

As for Strasbourg, I can see why they left her out - all the tier 6 tree ships are essentially slow Super Dreadnoughts, QEs "fast battleship" label notwithstanding.

Strausbourg is an up-armored version of Dunkerque, and frankly makes more sense at Tier 7 than does the 1913 Lyon design.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
If I could just alternate playing the Belfast and Missouri forever, I totally would....but I like to collect ships
And grind lines.

Got done with the KGV. I ended up really liking it. I fired two salvos of AP the entire 38 battles I played. Monarch stock seems pretty okay. I like the AP alright and the concealment is stellar.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Victor Surge posted:

If I could just alternate playing the Belfast and Missouri forever, I totally would....but I like to collect ships
And grind lines.

Got done with the KGV. I ended up really liking it. I fired two salvos of AP the entire 38 battles I played. Monarch stock seems pretty okay. I like the AP alright and the concealment is stellar.

Monarch is okay.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ZombieLenin posted:

Strausbourg is an up-armored version of Dunkerque, and frankly makes more sense at Tier 7 than does the 1913 Lyon design.

It's not that uparmoured, it would still have the thinnest belt at tier by some margin, and they'd probably have to bastardise it into two triple 380mm turrets like Scharnhorst -> Gneisenau. A 16x 340mm gun Lyon with a +300mm belt makes more sense at tier 7 than 8x 330mm gun Strasbourg with a 280mm belt, even more if they hadn't given it the hosed layout. It's in the same hull ballpark as Colorado, and covers the loss in calibre with volume of fire.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 8, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Strasbourg was a sistership to Dunkerque and apart from being of slightly heavier standard displacement she was otherwise identical. There's no reason to add her to the game.

And I know I always talk about Hood, is she the most maneuverable BB in the game or am I imagining things?

EDIT: Yes she is, by a lot.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 8, 2017

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Strasbourg was a sistership to Dunkerque and apart from being of slightly heavier standard displacement she was otherwise identical. There's no reason to add her to the game.

And I know I always talk about Hood, is she the most maneuverable BB in the game or am I imagining things?

EDIT: Yes she is, by a lot.

I think the Warspite still beats it out in maneuverability, though it is slower.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

NTRabbit posted:

It's not that uparmoured, it would still have the thinnest belt at tier by some margin, and they'd probably have to bastardise it into two triple 380mm turrets like Scharnhorst -> Gneisenau. A 16x 340mm gun Lyon with a +300mm belt makes more sense at tier 7 than 8x 330mm gun Strasbourg with a 280mm belt, even more if they hadn't given it the hosed layout. It's in the same hull ballpark as Colorado, and covers the loss in calibre with volume of fire.

Yeah... it’s a 1915 era Dreadnought. I just can’t get over that... as far as I can tell the only thing close to this in game above Tier V is the modernized Queen Elizabeth/Warspite at Tier VI.

And it would really do a number on my brain if a circa 1915 ship were at the same tier as KGV.

Edit

I also feel you on Gneisenau; however, it was at least designed to carry that caliber main gun eventually.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 8, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blindeye posted:

I think the Warspite still beats it out in maneuverability, though it is slower.

Warspite has a smaller turning circle, but Hood is far zippier overall.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

McSpanky posted:

If you need room in DUNKN for someone who can bring it to CW then I'll fall on my sword, I'm burning out pretty hard after playing daily for hours the last month and I'd be around sparsely anyway due to moving soon.

Selfless and appreciated. What’s your game name.

We had a lot of people join wanting to be in clan wars but have yet to see any of them in discord during clan wars. I hope those folks will follow suit.

Doesn’t mean you can’t get back in later.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My first game in the Koenigsberg. Will it always do this well?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My first game in the Koenigsberg. Will it always do this well?

Yes, if you dont eat a bunch of citadels from a BB 20km away.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm about to get the tier 6 german cruiser and I had a lot of fun with the koenigsberg. I hear a lot of people complain about the nurnberg so I'm kinda nervous about upgrading but I gotta get up the line somehow

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm about to get the tier 6 german cruiser and I had a lot of fun with the koenigsberg. I hear a lot of people complain about the nurnberg so I'm kinda nervous about upgrading but I gotta get up the line somehow

I liked it. Yes its every bit as fragile and the higher tier enemies are deadlier, but you get a pretty huge ROF increase over the Konigsberg

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

I really enjoyed the nurnberg, but t6 cruisers in general are in a pretty tough spot survivability wise

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

jownzy posted:

Selfless and appreciated. What’s your game name.

We had a lot of people join wanting to be in clan wars but have yet to see any of them in discord during clan wars. I hope those folks will follow suit.

Doesn’t mean you can’t get back in later.

JagdSpanky, vaya con dios :patriot:

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 9, 2017

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

NTRabbit posted:

They could give it a high rate of fire. The 330 mm guns were apparently intended to fire 3 rounds per minute and they're considerably more powerful than Scharnhorst guns. It's not like Scharnhorst is too weak for tier 7.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Just unlocked and purchased the Lion. Use my save me free XP to unlock all the modules except the second hull.

Unfortunately, after the the purchase that was left was roughly a million credits. Not even enough to afford the slot 3 upgrade, let alone the guns, fire control, and engine.

So what did I do? Played one match in it anyway. 175k damage loss.

:allbuttons:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 9, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
NewMexico.jpg

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
177 HE hits, 1 fire:

:negative:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Lol I was playing the other day and I got 4 loving fires in 3 salvos on a tier 4 British cruiser and killed him in like 2 minutes. He wasn't happy and I even said I got super lucky. Koeignberg is what I was using I think

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Flamu trip report on the Ashitaka (tier VII Amagi): it's "A poo poo Take." Terrible AP pen and dispersion combined with poor armor and stock Amagi hull maneuverability. He'd rather take a Colorado or Pensacola into a match.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

El Disco posted:

Flamu trip report on the Ashitaka (tier VII Amagi): it's "A poo poo Take." Terrible AP pen and dispersion combined with poor armor and stock Amagi hull maneuverability. He'd rather take a Colorado or Pensacola into a match.

If it's legitimately basically the old A hull, I'm not surprised. The shells attached to the A hulls of both Nagato and Amagi (and currently on Mutsu), were complete and utter poo poo. Mutsu can kind of get away with it since it's a tier lower, but putting something with those garbage shells at a tier where 16" guns with decent shells are actually common, and they sensibly changed them on Nagato a long time ago, would make it incredibly painful to play.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
New facebook post about the graf zep. This came up in my suggested stuff oddly.

https://m.facebook.com/wowsgraf/posts/144951949472446

The gz test 2 seems quite promising.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
This is why I hate the average T9 and T10 players. Why yes that is my Nagato above almost all of them. Why yes I spent the whole match kiting Izumos, the Hipper, the Fletcher and both Atlantas. Why yes it was tears of the desert. Why yes our T9 BBs all had 75% health without burning a repair.

It was fun that every shell that connected from them pretty much hit for full damage.

HFX fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It's a game where people can fail to the top, HFX. You've surely encountered this in tanks as well.