Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.ft.com/content/6cbef35e-c637-11e7-b2bb-322b2cb39656
Hizbollah claims Riyadh has declared war on Lebanon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ww3 has to start somehow i guess

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

call to action posted:

the Lebanese pm is dead rn

Lucky Ducky!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

call to action posted:

the Lebanese pm is dead rn

him and most of the other assholes that were arrested.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/929190104672980994

surely the adults in the room mattis and mcmaster will speak truth to power the way they built their careers and reputations and defuse this in lieu of a state department staffed with anyone but Foreign Policy Initiative interns

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

him and most of the other assholes that were arrested.

is there evidence that they are being killed? given the absurd size of the saudi royal family, i would think it would be more logical to keep them as hostages to ensure the loyalty of their family members.

then again, it would be more logical not to starve the entirety of yemen for no reason or invade lebanon.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

hobbesmaster posted:

he’s assassinating those people though

He's obviously taken the intrigue focus. You use the obliette for dudes who you want dead, but it's inconvenient to outright kill them. So you neutralize them and let time take care of it.

The Ritz Carlton conference room is house arrest

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Glad we lived to see Saudi Arabia go full North Korea. Just 12 more years until Trump Jr. does the same to consolidate power here.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Vox Nihili posted:

Glad we lived to see Saudi Arabia go full North Korea. Just 12 more years until Trump Jr. does the same to consolidate power here.

hey.

Unlike a north korean I can buy stuff :colbert:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

hey.

The lucky North Koreans who own slaves get to buy stuff just like the lucky Saudi Arabians who own slaves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Al-Saqr posted:

hey.

stay safe m8

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I hope things go horribly wrong for the failson

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Vox Nihili posted:

Glad we lived to see Saudi Arabia go full North Korea. Just 12 more years until Barron does the same to consolidate power here.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Barron is the hidden Imam.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

They really, really want a war to happen between Hezbollah and Israel
Israel has been bombing Hezbollah for years in Syria. S'about as new as the Yemen war.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

jBrereton posted:

Israel has been bombing Hezbollah for years in Syria. S'about as new as the Yemen war.

Israel's bombings against Hezbollah in Syria are extremely petty shows of force, whose intention is to make it easier for their pet rebel groups in Syria to maintain their toeholds. They're annoyances at worst, and happen roughly once every couple of weeks.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel's bombings against Hezbollah in Syria are extremely petty shows of force, whose intention is to make it easier for their pet rebel groups in Syria to maintain their toeholds. They're annoyances at worst, and happen roughly once every couple of weeks.
Thanks for the report from the front, Pener.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jBrereton posted:

Thanks for the report from the front, Pener.

You're welcome. :)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Al-Saqr posted:

hey.

i know your brain is broken in all sorts of ways saqr but i genuinely hope you don’t die in a purge

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im gay

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FromSteveHowell/status/929270808882679808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How is he not prosecuted for war crimes yet?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MBS said "boy i sure hope nobody goes after hezbollah, that would be a shame" while intensely winking at bibi

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Al-Saqr posted:

Barron is the hidden Imam.

Barron is being trained to be the first Mentat-Duke by Melania, the Bene-Gesserit witch

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How is he not prosecuted for war crimes yet?

How many people above ground level have actually been prosecuted for war crimes since the nazis?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

WrightOfWay posted:

How many people above ground level have actually been prosecuted for war crimes since the nazis?

A few Serbs were.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yandat posted:

ww3 has to start somehow i guess
death was always certain

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

A few Serbs were.

Some African warlords. Almost exclusively Africans, actually.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i know your brain is broken in all sorts of ways saqr but i genuinely hope you don’t die in a purge

I dont know why you think my brain is broken, but thanks for your concern. dont worry there's no actual danger that concerns a regular schlub like me unless an invasion or civil war happens which is unlikely.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

Pinochet however he died before trial. (he was quite old and ill)

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Milosevic, but he also died waiting in the Hague like a little bitch

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Pinochet however he died before trial. (he was quite old and ill)
even then it took years for him to be declared eligible to even stand trial

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/WayneWwoods/status/929180230358523905

:thunk:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Not to entertain the ideas of some random chud on the Internet, but is there actually a correlative cross-section of royals MBS rounded up/is rounding up to consolidate power and royals who have had a hand in the proliferation of Wahhabism and global terrorism?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

good news for tulsi: the saudis are trying to lessen their dependence on an oil economy. the bad news: they're listening to neolibs

Autism Sneaks posted:

Not to entertain the ideas of some random chud on the Internet, but is there actually a correlative cross-section of royals MBS rounded up/is rounding up to consolidate power and royals who have had a hand in the proliferation of Wahhabism and global terrorism?
MBS is trying to crack down somewhat on the wahhabist elements in saudi society, so i wouldn't be surprised

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tulsi just wants muslims to die and suffer anyways so I dont get where her concern is coming from.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

get that OUT of my face posted:

MBS is trying to crack down somewhat on the wahhabist elements in saudi society, so i wouldn't be surprised

absolutely no evidence that this is the case.
Hes ferreting out the old guard, that some of them are wahhabists is purely coincidental.

MbS is more of the same, just with a new team of lackeys.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

absolutely no evidence that this is the case.
Hes ferreting out the old guard, that some of them are wahhabists is purely coincidental.

MbS is more of the same, just with a new team of lackeys.
he wants to change the very worst parts of the wahhabist element, at the very least, right? like allowing women to drive? i can't imagine he'll reverse them entirely

coathat
May 21, 2007

He wants Saudi Arabia to look better so people will come to the new closed off resorts they’re building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

coathat posted:

He wants Saudi Arabia to look better so people will come to the new closed off resorts they’re building.

he's literally going to build a 500 billion dollar poo poo city in which you're not allowed to visit and reside in (even if you're a citizen) unless you own, rent, or have invested in it in one way or another.

• Locked thread