Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Fuckin' Frankie Quicksilver over here, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You're in luck, because she's a multiple-time world champion whistler (which is a thing, apparently) and possibly the Best At Whistling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knptZIc-BCc

its impossible to tell that shes actually whistling in that video you posted so i found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1ILppC-HU

she is pretty good yeah.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

I'm going to die historic, on the fury road!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
how do travel agents exist in TYOOL 2017?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
"eat the sweatiest rear end you've ever smelled"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

they're for rich people

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Guy Goodbody posted:

they're for rich people

And olds.

And people who want someone to yell at if things go sideways. Yelling at websites is not very satisfying.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Memento posted:

"eat the sweatiest rear end you've ever smelled"

100% down to eat rear end

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah my parents like to go to an agent and get a whole package but then ask the agent to change everything so theyre not near any other gross tourists

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mycroft Holmes posted:

wanna lick dat nylon

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

not sure how universal this is, but in my experience they have deals with the airlines for cheaper fares, and for companies that need employees to travel frequently the discount adds up

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

Powaqoatse posted:

its impossible to tell that shes actually whistling in that video you posted so i found this:

she is pretty good yeah.

Wow. That is a happening McDonalds playpen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

We use one for my company to book bulk plane tickets and things like hotel transfers and weird luggage requirements.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Powaqoatse posted:

yeah my parents like to go to an agent and get a whole package but then ask the agent to change everything so theyre not near any other gross tourists

A travel agent can be really helpful, it's the same reason you go to any other professional. Like think of all the times you went on a trip and accidentally stayed somewhere with bedbugs or you accidentally tried to go to a museum when it was closed. Their job is to work poo poo out, it's pretty slick. Pay a little extra so it's not a fuckup.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Considering I know precisely what you normally like to eat, I HIGHLY doubt it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Pick posted:

A travel agent can be really helpful, it's the same reason you go to any other professional. Like think of all the times you went on a trip and accidentally stayed somewhere with bedbugs or you accidentally tried to go to a museum when it was closed. Their job is to work poo poo out, it's pretty slick. Pay a little extra so it's not a fuckup.

Especially if you have a trip with several destinations or something. They figure all that poo poo out for you and ideally they know who to talk to and the like.

Any ding dong can buy a plane ticket but if you have more complex logistics to work out it can be handy to have the expert do the work. Vacations are for relaxing, not stressing about poo poo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ashnjack posted:

These are the heights being a whistling champion can take you to.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Wheat Loaf posted:

The backstory is that Freddie had spent most of 1975-1977 performing in ballet costume and proclaiming that he was going to "bring ballet back to the masses" and Sid Vicious had been making fun of him in the music press for it. They happened to be sharing a recording studio at the time (Queen were doing News of the World and the Sex Pistols were doing Never Mind the Bollocks) when Sid happened to meet Freddie and said, "Any luck bringing ballet to the masses yet, Fred?" and Freddie said something like, "Ah, Mr Ferocious! Well, my dear, I'm trying my best!"

Little did Freddie know that this incident would cause Sid to have an identity crises that led to the tragic end of his life

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

VanSandman posted:

Considering I know precisely what you normally like to eat, I HIGHLY doubt it.

Christ its been a long time since I’ve seen you. How’s marriage treating you?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pick posted:

sure, travel agents are cool

ive only traveled to sleep on friends' couches though so i dont really care how it works if you buy a package

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

I'm kind of a control freak about our trips. I like to exhaustively research places to stay, restaurants, things to do and pick the ones that will be most fulfilling for us personally. This usually ends up completely awesome, and there's plenty of leeway to do whatever the gently caress we want.

Then we suddenly found ourselves with an opportunity to go to Ireland, on short notice, while we were organizing our wedding. I had nothing left. Sometimes you need to be able to call someone and say, "...make it go, please. We like things that are nice."

It worked out pretty well for the most part. They sent us a selection of itineraries, we knew literally nothing about Ireland, so we picked the one that seemed to have a good selection of nature and old things. We ended up seeing some really cool stuff we would never have heard about on our own.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Wheat Loaf posted:

The backstory is that Freddie had spent most of 1975-1977 performing in ballet costume and proclaiming that he was going to "bring ballet back to the masses" and Sid Vicious had been making fun of him in the music press for it. They happened to be sharing a recording studio at the time (Queen were doing News of the World and the Sex Pistols were doing Never Mind the Bollocks) when Sid happened to meet Freddie and said, "Any luck bringing ballet to the masses yet, Fred?" and Freddie said something like, "Ah, Mr Ferocious! Well, my dear, I'm trying my best!"

I didn't think it was possible for Freddie Mercury to be any cooler, but here we are.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

We wanted to go on a few particular tours during our honeymoon, but the dates weren't jibing with what was in the brochure. We found a travel agent who not only organized our (fairly complex) flights and multiple hotels, but also booked the tours we wanted on the days we wanted them. It all went perfectly.

For the past ten years or so, I've used a different travel agent who specializes in trips to Japan to book my annual visits, and recommend her to my colleagues, too. Consolidators have the best prices, hands down. I take care of the lodging, etc. myself.

Well, that's my travel agent story. Have a great weekend.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I just found out that there's something called the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards. It's definitely worth the click.
https://www.comedywildlifephoto.com/gallery/2017_finalists.php

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I just found out that there's something called the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards. It's definitely worth the click.
https://www.comedywildlifephoto.com/gallery/2017_finalists.php

can i be the tai chi kangaroo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

FYI, some travel agents receive commissions from certain places they take tourists to. I've been with several who really encourage you to buy things.

A friend of my father's is a professor living near London and he now pretty much works as a tour guide/driver for his wife's travel company. It's pretty chill, though. He will drive you around Europe and point out all the interesting places to visit and shop, but he will also take you to whatever place you want to go along the way and also cook as long you buy the meat and vegetables yourself.

I know a lot of Muslims find travel agents who does "Islamic tours" useful since they plan travels around prayer times and know where all the halal food places are.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Powaqoatse posted:

can i be the tai chi kangaroo

that kangaroo posted:

yeah nahh

fuckin got on the grog last night ey

too fuckin early for this poo poo

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Christ its been a long time since I’ve seen you. How’s marriage treating you?

It’s good! Wish I still had PMs, but I toxxed for Hillary and... well...

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

Oh hey I was a corporate travel agent for just under two years. A lot of the agencies survive on corporate bookings and just do leisure travel on the side for extra revenue.

A lot of corporate people have insane itineraries, like 5 or 6 cities, including a trip over the Atlantic and back, in under a week. Groups of top level people traveling together for 2 cities while Jim jumps a head 3 cities and meets back up with everyone to fly back to home base. poo poo like that. It's hard enough to coordinate everyone's itineraries and mileage accounts and rewards bullshit and available classes that a lot of companies will pay a travel agent to gently caress with it.

It was easy work, commissions were still pretty big, and the perks were fantastic. A lot of the IATA discounts were :discourse: too.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gotcha son, meant it all from respect like

keep on keepin on tho

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

she is pretty good yeah.

This is the most whitest thing I've ever seen on YouTube right next to hobby horses and mra video

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TontoCorazon posted:

This is the most whitest thing I've ever seen on YouTube right next to hobby horses and mra video

is this less white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

why is Ryan Kesler sniffing that girl's farts?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dillbag posted:

why is Ryan Kesler sniffing that girl's farts?

why arent you?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

VanSandman posted:

It’s good! Wish I still had PMs, but I toxxed for Hillary and... well...

:bernget20:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Nov 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ashnjack posted:

Really? There was usually a man whistling at our local Play Place. Whistling at the little girls. Really sick gently caress he was. Still gonna vote for him over a Democrat though, yessir.