Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

I would strongly caution against grinding specifically to get a CE to drop. This is not a Halloween Princess situation. If you have to make sacrifices in what you buy in the shop then do so though.

To clarify, i need to grind the 20AP at some point to grab octuplet crystals and the golden skull. Not planning on grinding for craft essences, just wondering if it had a chance to drop in the 20AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I definitely had GUDA-O drop from Artoria in the 20AP

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

brainwrinkle posted:

I definitely had GUDA-O drop from Artoria in the 20AP

I got one from somewhere and that seems the most likely.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I've gotten two GUDA-O drops so far, one from Artoria and the other from Caesar in the new 40AP quest. Anecdotally the drop rate for the CE feels much higher though I still wouldn't go out of my way to farm for it to drop.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I just got one from Arash which is fine and dandy.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Just did a 10 pull out of weakness and got two Poster Girls. Considering you need something like 2900 of that currency to buy out the good stuff, it seems worth it.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Turned into Captain Ahab this event - almost 900 quartz but no Okita. Did get Emiya to NP5 and a dozen Poster girls, though.

I just wanted a Saber beyond the free Lily we got :gonk:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Also did a 10 pull, hoping to get a Poster Girl and got Emiya, my first Kaleidoscope and the 4* event CE. I'm pretty ok with that. I'm doing no more pulls on this banner so it looks like I won't get everything from the event store, but whatever.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm spending apples to rush the skulls/ce's and then I'll probably wait until the rest of the nodes unlock before spending more apples.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I'm already at the point where I'm grinding the 40 AP quests, is there really any reason to buy any more of the event CEs? I figured I could just get skulls then work on the ascension items.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I'm already at the point where I'm grinding the 40 AP quests, is there really any reason to buy any more of the event CEs? I figured I could just get skulls then work on the ascension items.

Gudo-O is a decent/good CE on a Star gen Servant IIRC and it can drop a 5th.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fed some hearts to Tamamo to max-ascend her and all this grinding for crap was worth it after all.

Anyway, yeah i think i'm just going to focus on getting what i want for the characters i like the most and anything beyond that will just be a cool bonus.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Shipon posted:

Turned into Captain Ahab this event - almost 900 quartz but no Okita. Did get Emiya to NP5 and a dozen Poster girls, though.

:(:hf::(

Lack of a good Saber plus really wanting Okita meant I've gone through around 700 quartz this event, but nope. Hell, until the second to last pull I didn't even draw ANY 5* Servant, where I finally pulled Altera. Given one should be averaging one 5* around every 300 quartz spent, not terribly amused. Actually drawing a passable Saber does kind of make it hard to justify any more this event though - or in the near future. Only 5 Poster Girls here, though now have a total of 3 Prisma Cosmos as well.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 11, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wish I had a Prisma Cosmos.

Or a Formalcraft.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Lord Koth posted:

:(:hf::(

Lack of a good Saber plus really wanting Okita meant I've gone through around 700 quartz this event, but nope. Hell, until the second to last pull I didn't even draw ANY 5* Servant, where I finally pulled Altera. Given one should be averaging one 5* around every 300 quartz spent, not terribly amused. Actually drawing a passable Saber does kind of make it hard to justify any more this event though - or in the near future. Only 5 Poster Girls here, though now have a total of 3 Prisma Cosmos as well.

Please love the Scourge of God.

She is a good girl.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Pierson posted:

Counteract this by using a cheap burger as a catalyst.

Surely she'd prefer a kebab?

I thought it was normal Arturia Alter that was addicted to junk food.

EDIT: Also I finally got my perma-nobu. Washi-Ja!

My servants are mostly level 40, so clearing those 40AP quests so far are total sphincter-clenchers.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 11, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, my weekly ticket came in, so I threw it at the Gatcha, because why not? Out popped a poster girl, the first I got. I feel a fair bit better about clearing the shop now. Threw it on my Emiya in support, since the best grind right now is all Sabers.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Shipon posted:

And this is why I'm glad I was able to slap down my lizard brain after that easy pull, instead of listening when it whispered, "hey, if it was that easy why don't you pull some more and get her to NP5?"

All the same, I am sorry for your misfortune.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
All the skulls are mine and Nobu is at ascension 3.

Oh my this third skill looks nice. I always thought she needed more crit star gain.

Now I need 1,500 Blue things and about 1800 pots to clear out the ascension mats and a bunch of jars to clean out the EXP and Fous for Nobu and Okita.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Pureauthor posted:

I wish I had a Prisma Cosmos.

Or a Formalcraft.

I've got like 3-4 of those and Limited/Zero Over.

They dont do much good during events though. Or without a ton of points to field those and multiple 5* servants at the same time.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'd love to get a single imaginary around and formalcraft instead of twelve projections. At least I have two max LB ones for my arts team I guess.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Marogareh posted:

I'd love to get a single imaginary around and formalcraft instead of twelve projections. At least I have two max LB ones for my arts team I guess.

Honestly, Launch Order is a fairly decent 4* CE for a number of Servants. When maxed it's a 15% boost to Buster and Quick cards, which is honestly better than the 20% to just one that the related 4* ones get at max. Or at least that's what I tell myself given just how many I've been drowned in from pulls.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why is nobuu a gun user

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just got the 5* event CE to drop from the 40AP quest. Well that cuts the grinding a bit

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Why is nobuu a gun user

Historically speaking Nobunaga success derived partially from him learning quickly from his painful encounters with gun monks and pouring considerable resources into utilizing them himself. The entire reason he was able to smash the invincible Takeda Cavalry was because he realized well-trained, volley-firing arquebusiers could annihilate a cavalry charge.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

LornMarkus posted:

Historically speaking Nobunaga success derived partially from him learning quickly from his painful encounters with gun monks and pouring considerable resources into utilizing them himself. The entire reason he was able to smash the invincible Takeda Cavalry was because he realized well-trained, volley-firing arquebusiers could annihilate a cavalry charge.

This is, in fact, Nobu's Noble Phantasm - it is a recreation of the three thousand guns in three line formation that brought down the Takeda Cavalry. While the near-mythology of it nowadays has the cavalry being straight up mowed down by gunfire, even the most reliable historical accounts paint it as a goddamn massacre, at somewhere between 66%-75% fatalities to the Takeda side.

Nobunaga is forever associated with bringing guns into Japanese warfare and changing the way Japan fought forever, for good or ill. Therefore, Nobu is strongly associated with guns and could only ever possibly be an Archer.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Okay, but now explain how skeleton stands and guitar axes tie in to Nobunaga's history.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Nobunaga sarcastically self-proclaimed himself to be the "Demon King of the Sixth Heaven" because of his all-consuming ambition to rule a united japan and fixation on worldly goals and being kind of a lovely buddhist in general. That, combined with a reputation for brutality on the battlefield and a history of killing monks (Who may or may not have deserved it. The situation of the warrior monks in ancient japan was weird, and in a lot of cases the temple-fortress would claim dominion over a chunk of the nation same as a samurai lord in his castle would) and having two big incidences of temples in flames (One where he died, and one where he burned down a mountain because of a REALLY GOOD temple fortress and ordered his men to kill anyone escaping the fire, man woman or child)...

Essentially all that lead to him being literally demonized in later stories, hence the fiery, hellish powers and him qualifying for 'Berserker' class because of said brutality.

The guitar is mostly because Nobu thinks it's cool, though, I think.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Okay, but now explain how skeleton stands and guitar axes tie in to Nobunaga's history.

(S)he was eventually titled the "Demon King of the Sixth Heaven" for ferocity in conquest. Or in Japanese, "Dai-Rokuten-Maoh".

So she's the Dai-ROCK-uten Maoh when summer comes around, of course.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's better than I could have hoped :allears:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I can't tell if you're pleased with the info or that you baited me into sperging about history.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm pleased that they went so far in service of a ludicrous pun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

When will we get saber Nobu that's just her hiding in a bush while yasuke does all the work

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I have five GUDA-O CE's and only had to buy two. Gil dropped one in the story chapter, Saber gave me one, and Ceasar gave me one. Is there any point at all in paying for the remaining ones in the shop?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Probably not.

Also gently caress you. :argh:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

RanKizama posted:

I have five GUDA-O CE's and only had to buy two. Gil dropped one in the story chapter, Saber gave me one, and Ceasar gave me one. Is there any point at all in paying for the remaining ones in the shop?
No, unless you are aiming for +1 to the net gain from each drop via LB one ce, which should pay itself at this early stage of the event.

Not really worth the effort though because you would only end the event with more CE and maybe a bit more QP, but this event doesn't repeat next year i think.

Edir: nevermind i am thinking poster girl

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 11, 2017

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

SpaceDrake posted:

(S)he was eventually titled the "Demon King of the Sixth Heaven" for ferocity in conquest. Or in Japanese, "Dai-Rokuten-Maoh".

So she's the Dai-ROCK-uten Maoh when summer comes around, of course.

Thank you for revealing the secret of this great pun. Makes me want to grail her summer version even more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope Hideyoshi and Ieyasu make it in FGO someday

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I hope Hideyoshi and Ieyasu make it in FGO someday
They both appear in the comic Nobu and okita are from, so they probably will someday. Hideyoshi is also referenced some in gudaguda 2, since chacha is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I probably should have paid more attention to what Okita needed for ascension prior to the event, just in case, but there's no way that wouldn't have jinxed it. Artoria certainly did not need those Halloween dragon fangs comparatively. I'm 8 fangs short and I don't see any reasonable way of hitting that unless I want to spend a ton of apples on Wyvern Island.