Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

thank g*d the boring stuff is over

highway heist is the kinda fun we readers deserved all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Thank Christ. Now just kill the dude and move on.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if anything will come out of Ochako being told Deku was going to die by Nighteye.

I think I know the answer to that though. :smith:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I wonder if anything will come out of Ochako being told Deku was going to die by Nighteye.

I think I know the answer to that though. :smith:

It will cause her to realize her feelings for Deku. They'll have a mature discussion where their mutual feelings for one another are expressed. They'll date for two years, and then at that point realize the relationship has reached a point where it's just spinning their wheels. The relationship will end sadly, though amicably, afterwards the two continue on as friends into their adult lives.

Or 300 chapters of will-they/won't they. Either is good.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Same but instead due to social pressure they'll end up in a loveless marriage they fake being great for publicity

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku and Ochako's love will lead to a love love sekiha tenkyoken for a new generation, and all villains everywhere will surrender. All Might will shed a tear in pride.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Shinjobi posted:

Deku and Ochako's Himiko's love will lead to a love love sekiha tenkyoken for a new generation, and all villains everywhere will surrender. All Might will shed a tear in pride.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shigaraki shogi usually doesn't work by joining a game that's ended and beating on a king that's already been defeated, but you do you I guess.

I'm glad he's still going to disintegrate Overhaul and then steal all the cool yakuza mans for his own lovely gang. All 2 of them.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Shinjobi posted:

Deku and Ochako's love will lead to a love love sekiha tenkyoken for a new generation, and all villains everywhere will surrender. All Might will shed a tear in pride.

Cape callback too. Nice.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I think this arc is going to be dope in the anime but it was a little drawn out with too many new characters, even if most of them were good. I love the villain stuff though.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

He's actually on top of a box truck with VA members inside, opening up the back doors at high speeds.

As villains do.

this made me think of the plane heist at the beginning of dark knight rises and then a shigaraki in the style of bane. "no one cared who i was til i put on the hand"

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

so the future just changed for no reason at all? thats cool i guess, at least its over

other than that thks chapter was pretty good, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

fractalairduct posted:

so the future just changed for no reason at all? thats cool i guess, at least its over

The reason was burning shonen spirit.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

fractalairduct posted:

Nighteye said that even if you try to alter his prediction, events ultimately "snap back" to how he saw them. He even speculated that looking at someone's future set those events in stone, which is why he refused to use his power on allies. So things are still up in the air a bit.

This is obviously leading up to Toga dying while morphed as Deku in order to Fulfill The Prophecy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Like many predictions in fiction I think it was broken because "The future can be changed. Nothing is set in stone. Do not give in to the inevitable." If only because the concept of an inevitable unbreakable fate isn't exactly a thematic component that fits well in an upbeat passionate story of heroism.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Vengarr posted:

This is obviously leading up to Toga dying while morphed as Deku in order to Fulfill The Prophecy
I could absolutely see this happening.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Vengarr posted:

Nighteye said that even if you try to alter his prediction, events ultimately "snap back" to how he saw them. He even speculated that looking at someone's future set those events in stone, which is why he refused to use his power on allies. So things are still up in the air a bit.

except he looks at the person's future not just the future in general

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Honestly, the most likely explanation is that Nighteye just didn't have a full understanding of how his power works.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

or the magical girl power to revert things messes with the power to see the future

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The action was difficult to follow in this.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Was it? It was just Deku punching and throwing Overhaul around like a ragdoll and then exploding.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
The only bit I found hard to parse was Overhaul's last attack. The panels of Deku whipping him into the ground had cause/effect shown separately so they worked just fine.

I liked Froppy finding a bit of agency in aiming Eraserhead, since he was still stuck in slowmo or immobilized. Not a huge fan of the bit of anti-climax regarding Nighteye's prediction, but I'm guessing there's probably more to it?

100% ready to see Shigaraki play shogi at this point.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad that both Uragravity and Froppy got to do something before the end.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
One for All is like....seven different souls or whatever at this point, right? 100% of that is sure to tinker with causality, in my expert anime posting opinion.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Say Nothing posted:

The action was difficult to follow in this.
I didn't have any real trouble with it myself.

Deku bodyslams Overhaul and lands past him, Eri goes haywire, Overhaul reaches for them and Eri's power splits him apart from his henchman again, then Aizawa turns Eri's power off.

I think Hori literally doesn't show enough action IMO. He does a lot of starting motion->end motion which is either an effort/time saving device or a stylistic approach. I kinda prefer the more slow choreographed stuff myself but it can eat up pages. Hori needs to read The Breaker to learn how to do choreography IMO.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Maybe I'm stupid (I am) but I can't follow that at all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Me, either. The lines of action on the last panel imply he was moving the opposite direction from the one the panel layout implies he was.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

The guy has been punched in such a way to knock him airborne and in almost the same instant the other guy has wound up for an axe kick

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Terper posted:

Same here, I have no loving idea what is happening in the top left panel and have hard time imagining what motion the guy did in transition to mid left panel. (although I guess at least the follow-up from mid left to bottom left panel is clear?)

EDIT: Actually scratch that. Did he do a roundhouse above that flying guys head so that he could axe-kick him in next panel? What? Why would he do that, instead of just roundhouse kicking him? :psyduck:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 11, 2017

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i can "follow" it but its loving ugly

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

lol if you don't imagine every anime fight as the author just smashing their action figures together and making whooshes and explosions noises.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
some seriously bad taste and non-functioning eyes on display here

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fabricated posted:

some seriously bad taste and non-functioning eyes on display here

Yea if you are hallucinating functioning action pieces you should consult your doctor.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PMush Perfect posted:

lol if you don't imagine every anime fight as the author just smashing their action figures together and making whooshes and explosions noises.

Boku no Hero Academia prequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GihnbWsv_1U

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I also had problems following the action this chapter but it was entirely from my eyes glazing over

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blockhouse posted:

I also had problems following the action this chapter but it was entirely from my eyes glazing over

While probably not this harsh, I had a similar reaction. Instead of it being a big climactic "YEAAAAH" moment like AfO vs All Might I was just glad it was finally over.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh I kinda felt like I'd missed a chapter of the fight when it ended

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fabricated posted:

I think Hori literally doesn't show enough action IMO. He does a lot of starting motion->end motion which is either an effort/time saving device or a stylistic approach. I kinda prefer the more slow choreographed stuff myself but it can eat up pages. Hori needs to read The Breaker to learn how to do choreography IMO.

There's problems with this choreographed style too, especially this particular page. The composition is kind of a mess: if you read left to right top to bottom, the white face of the dude on a black background is going to pull you off the page after you read the first panel without letting you get to the one below it. Right to left your eyes get pointed to the bottom panel by the way the kick'd dudes head is pointing, which implies that the sequence of panels on the left is read bottom to top. Which makes sense except all of the action lines and dust effects used to show impact imply the sequence to be read top down.

The more intensity that happens, the less clarity there is.

I disagree that it's not enough action either. Starting motion -> end motion is perfectly fine for this format since your brain is designed to and supposed to fill in the blanks. I do think that Horikoshi puts in a bit too much intensity when it comes to Chiasaki though, in the form of 'suddenly he has two more arms' or 'he gets huge and has even more arms.' The motions remain fairly simple and the composition is consistent but his character doubles/quadruples in complexity which makes it harder for our brains to parse what he's doing and what is happening to him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Heh. Sun Eater calling Froppy Ribbit Ribbit Girl.
Also, that swordfish hand was pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I feel like this arc's going to be a lot better in the anime. Kirishima and Sun Eater's side plots will take one episode each, Sun Eater and Mimic's fights should be easier to follow, and maybe Overhaul won't be so nothing with some movement to him.

As is, I'm glad its finally over and excited to have the manga move on to literally anything else.