Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

njsykora posted:

I'm going easy on people who forget to ban right now because a lot of people are declaring then immediately going to figure out a runeset and forgetting about the ban phase.

people who forget to ban is one thing, people who deliberately lock in 'none' like the two chucklefucks i had in my last rift game is another.

One was a toplane yasuo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Udyr doesn't even need smite

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

Wait

Wait

WAIT

Klepto Jayce :stonk:

Jayce doesn't have 20 points to skill though

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Seems like aery is by far the best control mage rune if you can proc it consistently.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

So right now there's a ton of huge damage runes and a ton of runes that snowball through every means you can imagine, stats / objective damage / vision / speed, just everything. And also everyone has less defense at low levels due no longer being able to pick defensive runes appropriately. So things are extremely snowbally...............................

Average game time has gone down by 5% since the patch started, apparently. The defensive runes bit is the biggest problem I have right now in bot, because, unless you want to really gently caress up your keystone, there's no way to effectively play against certain kill lanes aside from staying 800 units away and soaking whatever farm you can under turret.

Sexpansion posted:

Seems like aery is by far the best control mage rune if you can proc it consistently.

I think Comet's good for Lux since you can consistently clip most people with E (since the slow on E lingers for 0.25s after detonation), but it's otherwise not great on most control mages.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 11, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the ultimate nut

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
:riot: spaghetti code of the patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y56h8dTxDhk

Blackfrost Anivia's movespeed bonus on homeguard works in reverse and slows her down.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

:riot: spaghetti code of the patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y56h8dTxDhk

Blackfrost Anivia's movespeed bonus on homeguard works in reverse and slows her down.

How the gently caress do specific skins have glitches like that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elman posted:

How the gently caress do specific skins have glitches like that.

I've heard speculation that skins are effectively duplicates of that champion in the database. It makes these weird skin-specific glitches more explicable.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this used to happen in HoN too where every skin was a separate champion. ive always assumed that their method for syncing the changes isn't super professional and someone just makes a mistake when entering data or whatever.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
I really hope they change some things around in the Inspiration tree. I want to play around with some glacial augment builds in the jungle, but you end up giving up a lot of damage/utility for biscuit/stopwatch and you're basically forced into futures market since you cant really avoid boots and don't use minion dematerializer. It's just an incredibly niche tree when you compare to something like sorcery or domination which just hand out copious amounts of CDR and damage for free.

e: this is obviously not including klepto builds which are their own monster

Primetime fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 11, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

I really hope they change some things around in the Inspiration tree. I want to play around with some glacial augment builds in the jungle, but you end up giving up a lot of damage/utility for biscuit/stopwatch and you're basically forced into futures market since you cant really avoid boots and don't use minion dematerializer. It's just an incredibly niche tree when you compare to something like sorcery or domination which just hand out copious amounts of CDR and damage for free.

Fwiw inspiration as your second tree seems really good on midlaners. Both the stopwatch and extra flash seem really good.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Looking at Zoe's kit I'm sorta wondering how Zoe is not going to be old nidalee levels of "you get hit by 1 skillshot, you lose"

Imagine if old nidalee had a CC she could throw out before tossing a spear, now imagine those spears could come faster and sideways and had a AOE on hit.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Looking at Zoe's kit I'm sorta wondering how Zoe is not going to be old nidalee levels of "you get hit by 1 skillshot, you lose"

Imagine if old nidalee had a CC she could throw out before tossing a spear, now imagine those spears could come faster and sideways and had a AOE on hit.

sure, now imagine nidalee spears had 800 range instead of 1500. that's not exactly a minor detail.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Now imagine Nidalee spear damage based on distance between her and her target and not how far the projectile has traveled, which you could manipulate by ult pounce backwards flash.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Change Tahms swallow to his ult please riot. That way I can use ultimate hat to inhale people all day.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Now imagine barnicle jim going to town on your dick: licking, sucking, stroking... not that hard to imagine.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

The Mash posted:

Tbf the number of people who pick clearly incorrect runes is monstrous at the moment

https://giant.gfycat.com/DeepJointCygnet.webm

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Hook first is for rookies though.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tales of Woe posted:

sure, now imagine nidalee spears had 800 range instead of 1500. that's not exactly a minor detail.

Except you can press R to instantly get another 700 range on Q! Don’t forget she casts during ult as well

I’ve been doing a ton of Zoe on PBE and she’s gonna be insanely broken if she ships to live in her current state

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

people who forget to ban is one thing, people who deliberately lock in 'none' like the two chucklefucks i had in my last rift game is another.

One was a toplane yasuo.

People are locking in "none" right now because it's preseason and nothing matters. Let them play their stupid poo poo, whether it's stupid good or stupid bad. You have the power to play the same poo poo too

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

after everyone was sure that lethal tempo was too good or whatever im not listening to any pbe feedback on anything and will decide for myself on the rift

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

interesting question: would a character that can never leave fountain but automatically destroys towers at certain intervals be playable, and if so, would anyone play it?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

pog boyfriend posted:

interesting question: would a character that can never leave fountain but automatically destroys towers at certain intervals be playable, and if so, would anyone play it?

Probably not and yes, janna players (i would play that champ)

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Would be impossibly broken

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Give me more tools than that to interact with the map from the fountain and I would play the poo poo out of that champion.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it seems to me like it has incredible power to play the siege engine champion, but it comes at a giant cost of permanently putting your team a man down, thus forcing someone to take the mantle of a 1v2 and explicitly unbalancing the game(enemies are forced to play extremely aggressive to snowball early to counteract the free passive gold siege engine team gets from automatically destroying towers), but it is hard to say. obviously assuming reasonable balance with the time the enemies towers are destroyed

Elentor posted:

Give me more tools than that to interact with the map from the fountain and I would play the poo poo out of that champion.

having like a giant bow or something that you can make cross map skillshots and blocking off escape paths by dropping rocks from the fountain could be pretty cool actually. it would definitely tilt bronze players who have a bad siege engine player on their team but

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

[phreak voice] introducing balistotle, the fountains fury.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
HOTS has a couple of siege guys where you basically turret up and drive a little dude around or do semi global buffs & skillshots and stuff. I don't think it makes sense in league.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

HOTS has a couple of siege guys where you basically turret up and drive a little dude around or do semi global buffs & skillshots and stuff. I don't think it makes sense in league.

It would suck in League but I would still play the hell out of it. You're right that this is more suited for HOTS.

pog boyfriend posted:

it seems to me like it has incredible power to play the siege engine champion, but it comes at a giant cost of permanently putting your team a man down, thus forcing someone to take the mantle of a 1v2 and explicitly unbalancing the game(enemies are forced to play extremely aggressive to snowball early to counteract the free passive gold siege engine team gets from automatically destroying towers), but it is hard to say. obviously assuming reasonable balance with the time the enemies towers are destroyed

having like a giant bow or something that you can make cross map skillshots and blocking off escape paths by dropping rocks from the fountain could be pretty cool actually. it would definitely tilt bronze players who have a bad siege engine player on their team but

You can be like a huge tree that spreads the Zerg creep through the map and you can control where the creep is gonna spread for the next 5 minutes until it reaches the destination. Have it take some 10 min for each lane tower and you have to choose whether you want to spread faster through the jungle and increase map control or brute force a single lane. Maybe also allow you to take control of any tower against minion if you want to micro the hell out of them to help your laners CS/troll them. Maybe let you build mini Zz'rot portals on your creep and choose their routes. The possibilities are both stupid and endless.

quote:

[phreak voice] introducing balistotle, the fountains fury.

This time, you are the jungle. Whichever items you buy will apply to your minions. I recommend Trinity Force, as it offers

Elentor fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 11, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ive actually been working with some of the guys at riot a little, trying to come up with new champions and all that. basically they're all gonna be like the previous champs except this time they have the ultimate nut

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
So after the reddit breakdown over how we now get our BE drops on levelups instead of after games they're changing it to:

FWotD: 575 XP + 0 BE -> 400 XP + 50 BE

Average XP to level after 30 is 3k. Meaning you now get one less level per 17 FWotD.
Instead you get 850 BE. Which is ~50 less than the average levelup-drop before the change.

People whined their way to worse rewards and are probably happy now because basic arithmetic is hard.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That's dumb, blue essence will continue to be as worthless to me as IP was. I'd rather have more exp so I could get the special crates faster...

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

When you can never do anything right, re-doing the thing is inevitably going to be bad.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

in fact, someone made a post on reddit saying "they're gonna adjust things and make it overall worse and you'll all applaud riot for it"

if nothing else reddit is starting to get dangerously self aware

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I am really struggling in bot lane to gauge trades with the new rune system. It seems the damage I'm expecting to take / dish out is not in line with reality. Unfortunate for my teammates on the rift I guess.

New runes are supes cool regardless.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Press the attack is really good on vayne

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

amazeballs posted:

I am really struggling in bot lane to gauge trades with the new rune system. It seems the damage I'm expecting to take / dish out is not in line with reality. Unfortunate for my teammates on the rift I guess.

The basic solution is to play something all-in like Leona or Blitz and not worry whether they’ll take 1000 or 2000 damage, because they have 600hp.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

amazeballs posted:

I said it before, I'll say it again, play Arcane Comet/Mana Bond/Scorch Malphite support before they fix it. It's unbelievable right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't think league would ever do that siege champion because riot is very heavily invested in people liking their champ, empathzing with them, then buying their skins

• Locked thread