Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This makes more sense than the first time you mentioned it (I was imagining just bagging a whole bird and throwing it in the water bath). I'd still be worried about getting the skin right.

I might try this approach with a chicken to experiment on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

This makes more sense than the first time you mentioned it (I was imagining just bagging a whole bird and throwing it in the water bath). I'd still be worried about getting the skin right.

I might try this approach with a chicken to experiment on.

I was originally going to do it that way but I've been researching it and it has a low success rate and I'm not about to gently caress up the Thanksgiving turkey

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

butterfly that poo poo and use the spine for stock

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

In an hour and a half I get to watch at least one, most likely two, very possibly 3 and in the realm of possibility 5 or 6 future NBA players play for my college team which was utter and complete dogshit a year ago. It'll be nice actually cheering for them and not hatewatching them this year.

(the team will likely be mediocre because Cuonzo Martin, but gently caress it, mediocre and a good shot at making the tournament is so much better than they've been in a while)

they're BACK

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Lol

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/929207386195333120

Fiz, he shows up at your gym, I expect a full blown atomic wedgie to be administered, secret service be damned.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
im really mad irl that loving useless piece of poo poo has such a good 1rm

Like irrationally so

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Went to Ceviche 105 in Miami tonight. Highly recommended. Mango's too. Meh

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Everyone has a 1rm till they get punched in the throat

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

HE WEARS A lovely BACKWARDS SNAPBACK AT THE GYM WHILE GOING 400+ WHAT THE gently caress

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ALSO HIS GODDAMN DEFENSE THAT HE DIDNT COLLUDE WITH RUSSIA IS LITERALLY THAT HE WAS TOO loving STUPID TO COLLUDE WITH RUSSIA

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

WHOOPS posted:

(((Raiders))) of the Lost Ark

"Raiders of the Lost (((Ark)))," surely.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What the gently caress kind of form is that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That really is awful form. His back is rounded and there is no movement in his hips.

Anyways, I watched this week's episode of Mr. Robot and I'm pretty confident in saying it is one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in the last few years. Anyone else caught up on the series?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'll start this off with a reminder that donald trump lied about his last murph time which is really the most wtf brok thing you can do in CF.

That's not a heavy barbell for him. It could be anywhere from 345-415 depending on what those black plates are. However

- setup position is a nightmare
- jerks the bar off the floor which is my biggest no no
- lifting with the back of his neck for some reason

Curved spine is not the WORST thing in the world with a deadlift, as long as it doesn't continue to move while you're performing the lift. This is common among professional lifters, and mediocre ones like myself when they go to max out.

For example (and full disclosure) here is me breaking literally all my own rules DL'ing 510 earlier this year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOYHXVKA8l6/?taken-by=bradfordmills

Back rounds a little, but it doesn't move.

here is a picture example.

Now in the Crossfit community specifically and weightlifting generally, you should absolutely never teach a curved back or accept it, because 99.9% of the time it's because the person is deficient somewhere else. There are instances where it's acceptable, and it will happen. But if that's 345 it should not look that ugly. I can get an average guy off the street north of 250 in a single session.

Also his fist pump is weak as poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Anyways, I watched this week's episode of Mr. Robot and I'm pretty confident in saying it is one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in the last few years. Anyone else caught up on the series?

I'm only up to episode 6 of the first season, but am thoroughly hooked (again, you bastard I could be doing so many other things with my life :argh:). The entire thing is so deliciously paranoid.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

This does not look like it involves a giant vat of oil.

but we need two birds this year, so maybe a H2H

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Anyone remember Pat Robertson's leg press?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSDpzwjBZKY

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

i forgot that the 50 cent video game had a button on the controller that just made him call people a pussy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C58V-7JVOg

Also you earn extra money when calling people pussies and bitches before/after brutally murdering thwm, which you can then use to buy MORE taunts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

That really is awful form. His back is rounded and there is no movement in his hips.

Yeah, sure am. It’s gotten so that we have to watch episodes twice because there’s just so much going on. Great stuff though

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

HE WEARS A lovely BACKWARDS SNAPBACK AT THE GYM WHILE GOING 400+ WHAT THE gently caress

Spoeank posted:

ALSO HIS GODDAMN DEFENSE THAT HE DIDNT COLLUDE WITH RUSSIA IS LITERALLY THAT HE WAS TOO loving STUPID TO COLLUDE WITH RUSSIA
Settle down, Beavis

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Brine your turkey, cook it. How is that hard?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrLogan posted:

Spatchcocking it does seem to have promise. After looking things up I'm more excited about trying that than I am sous videing a bird after looking up turkey things last night.

I'll probably try both fairly soon.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

If I'm cooking for myself I cut the leg open at the thigh to expose it to heat and the dark meat is done at the same time as the white meat.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Automatic deep fried with peanut oil phew best $150 you’ll ever spend. Plus cost of bird, and you’ll reuse it all the time. Easiest way to cook a bird and it’s delicious

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Happy Veterans Day to my military dudes itt

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lol

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/929207386195333120

Fiz, he shows up at your gym, I expect a full blown atomic wedgie to be administered, secret service be damned.

lol at this mofo's flamingo legs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Automatic deep fried with peanut oil phew best $150 you’ll ever spend. Plus cost of bird, and you’ll reuse it all the time. Easiest way to cook a bird and it’s delicious

I agree but there is value in making things that are still good at a cheaper price! I say to the guy who burned money to watch the Mayweather McGregor PPV on his yacht.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Two most common things in the ER on Thanksgiving are people suffering heart attacks and people with horrific burns from trying to deep fry frozen turkeys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0KLgNzQHA

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
George Takei is next in the sexual harassment/assault sweepstakes come on downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

George Takei is next in the sexual harassment/assault sweepstakes come on downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Was really hoping to see a woman's name accusing him so I could dismiss it given that it's George Takei.

It's truly an all encompassing problem and the only connection between everyone being accused is having power over the accuser.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Chevy Chase is accused soon. It's bad enough that there are stories about him being extremely difficult to work with.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I've decided I'm going to make an artisan burrito tomorrow for you fine folks

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

william shatner just screams harassment of hundreds

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Check out this nerd who doesn't cook his turkey in a warm puddle for and entire day

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Two most common things in the ER on Thanksgiving are people suffering heart attacks and people with horrific burns from trying to deep fry frozen turkeys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0KLgNzQHA

or go full Alton

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Qwijib0 posted:

or go full Alton

I admire the moxie inherent in this pic

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Are you loving weirdos really making Bond Villain traps for dinner

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
The fear of death just adds to the amazing taste of fried turkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

biggest thing people do is put too much oil in their fryers so that when they put the turkey in it overflows and everything is now on fire.

• Locked thread