Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

It's an exaggeration, but a meaningful one. I would say that, if you're a man and you don't think you've ever engaged in some sort of aggressive sexual behaviour or sexual misconduct, you're lying to yourself.

Luckily, I'm an incel :smug:

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You mean to tell me that Tom Perez isn't some incompetent boob and might know what he's doing?

I hope I was wrong about Perez.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mahoning posted:

One poll had them tied at 46%

turnout is gong to be an absolute nightmare to model and poll so i dont know how reliable the polls will be

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Holy poo poo, this is horrifying. :stonk:

It's necessary to break the silence to prevent future potential victims, but still heartrending and crushes faith in humanity. :smithicide:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mahoning posted:

One poll had them tied at 46%

Wasn't this the only poll after the Post story so far?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

evilweasel posted:

turnout is gong to be an absolute nightmare to model and poll so i dont know how reliable the polls will be

Black turnout will have to absolutely EXPLODE in that mid-state blue belt Alabama has, and enough people will have to stay home or quietly change preferences.

Jones just went from "impossible" to "long shot". It sucks that it didn't instantly elect him, because in almost any other state in the Union it would have.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Alter Ego posted:

Black turnout will have to absolutely EXPLODE in that mid-state blue belt Alabama has, and enough people will have to stay home or quietly change preferences.

Jones just went from "impossible" to "long shot". It sucks that it didn't instantly elect him, because in almost any other state in the Union it would have.

I think long shot is an overstatement. Polling has been weirdly good.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/KendallTTaggart/status/929380794254184448

There's really no way I can run through this thing for highlights. The entire piece is essential reading for your daily depression.

This was a heart-wrenching read and unfortunately completely unsurprising. Staff at psychiatric hospitals are poorly trained at best, and the large/state run facilities are even worse because they pay bottom dollar so they only employ hab techs that can't find work anywhere else.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

mcmagic posted:

I hope I was wrong about Perez.
Let me put your mind at ease: You were. And it's not limited to Perez!

Alter Ego posted:

At least it came to light before the bulk of early voting, unlike the bodyslam in Montana. The GOP's only prayer at this point is to nationalize the race and run a negative campaign against Doug Jones 'those people'. Little Ben Shaprio's already started, look for a lot of "Democrats never withdrew Ted Kennedy!" arguments.

Also spare a thought for the women who came forward. Whether Moore loses or not, the next 6ish months are going to be hell for them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Paracaidas posted:

At least it came to light before the bulk of early voting, unlike the bodyslam in Montana. The GOP's only prayer at this point is to nationalize the race and run a negative campaign against Doug Jones 'those people'. Little Ben Shaprio's already started, look for a lot of "Democrats never withdrew Ted Kennedy!" arguments.

Also spare a thought for the women who came forward. Whether Moore loses or not, the next 6ish months are going to be hell for them.

Yeah. I expect Leigh Corfman will get death threats before long.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

She's already been doxxed and pictures of her workplace posted on Twitter. She's likely already received them.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Nuke Alabama.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

I think you mean "more death threats" :smith:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

KickerOfMice posted:

Nuke Alabama.

I think this one was also outted as an agent.

Just further proves Twitter is dumb and must be destroyed

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Paracaidas posted:

:perfect:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

I think long shot is an overstatement. Polling has been weirdly good.

Right, the article on 538 even talked about how this was a wayyyyy closer than normal election even before the scandal. Moore was losing among independents in the state even though Trump won independents in Alabama by 49 points.

On top of that, 42% of Moore voters had reservations about voting for him before the scandal.

Now obviously not every poll is going to be accurate (although these were FOX NEWS polls!) but again, the race was close enough that even if a small percentage decide to vote for Jones, a write-in candidate, or not vote at all, it is very bad news for Republicans.

I know that the cult of personality around Moore has been compared to Trump but clearly outside of being total creeps and embarrassments, the two don’t have much else in common.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

RuanGacho posted:

Just further proves Twitter is dumb and must be destroyed

Or mostly ignored. It's good for following interesting/knowledgeable people.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/929405679080824832

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Insanely curious which senator that was.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nachos posted:

Clearly this is all Keith Ellison’s work behind the scenes

Dems would've won even more seats if Ellison was in charge, clearly! :ussr:

evilweasel posted:

The moment that WaPo story broke I hope Perez got on a conference call and the GOTV machine in Virginia got pointed at Alabama. The best thing to do now is get that same GOTV, door-to-door activity going and drive turnout while letting Moore continue to dig a hole for himself. There's nothing the Democrats could say about Moore that'd hurt him more than his own words have, and attacking Moore just invites the tribalism effect to make angry Republicans go back to supporting Their Team. If they can flip Republicans as part of their GOTV activity then hey that's great, but getting every possible Democrat to the polls is going to matter more.

You know, assuming the polling places don't suddenly "move" or having broken machines, or various other complete and totally unforseen issues that only happen in Dem-heavy areas of the state.

Alter Ego posted:

Unless you wrote this post a few days ago and forgot to submit it you're a bit late. Nobody in her position gets doxxed and doesn't receive death threats.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Guilty AF

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Rinkles posted:

Or mostly ignored. It's good for following interesting/knowledgeable people.

"I only subscribe to the Daily Nazi Pedophile Russian Bot Gazette because occasionally the op-ed pieces are *amazing*."

Baby with the bathwater and all that. If interesting/knowledgeable people want to express their thoughts online, that's what broad-form blogging was for.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

wouldn't this basically be conceding the race, or at least hanging it all on a luther strange write-in?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's thousands of senators in a skin suit named Cruz

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Vladimir Putin posted:

How is she in charge of kids?

i have a feeling she wont be for long. the school superintedent should be notified

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Holy poo poo, this is horrifying. :stonk:

It's necessary to break the silence to prevent future potential victims, but still heartrending and crushes faith in humanity. :smithicide:

It kind of baffles me that this information is new to people. I'm a guy who has one of these stories from when I was growing up, so did my first wife. Several friends I've had over the years as well. This poo poo is really common. This is not to say that every experience is life destroying or easily ignored. It depends on the person and it's usually somewhere in between the two.

That this case is even being talked about is one of the biggest victories of feminism. In the early 80s this situation might have been against the law, but socially it was more just distasteful. It was a punchline in Animal House. Hill Street Blues, one of the first serious cop dramas, had a bit where the 60 year old desk Sargent was telling the captains ex wife that he was waiting for his fiance to graduate before they got married. The punchline? Graduate high school. Revenge of the Nerds had the hero raping the villains girlfriend by pretending to be him, good times.

Forty years of patiently saying "this is wrong" has got us to this point. Forty years of explaining why every one of these things isn't something to be ignored. Often one at a time. That's usually what I think of when somebody says feminism, and its worked. You can look at this as a fever breaking.

Most of the people supporting this rear end in a top hat remember what it was like back then. More then a few are probably legitimately confused why this is a big deal even if it is true. gently caress um.

Throwing Turtles fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 11, 2017

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Feral Integral posted:

While I'm glad sexual assault victims are getting at least some kind of justice for a change I can't help but feel like I'm not fully grasping the big picture here as to why this grenade decided to go off now and what it means

the fuse was lit with the trump pussy grab video. woman started coming forward and it never stopped

the word is getting out amongst sexual assault victims that its good to come forward. so these assaulters will be stopped

what it means is many mens careers will be damaged. and future men of power will be less rapey

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

dbukalski posted:

the fuse was lit with the trump pussy grab video. woman started coming forward and it never stopped

the word is getting out amongst sexual assault victims that its good to come forward. so these assaulters will be stopped

what it means is many mens careers will be damaged. and future men of power will be less rapey

On the other hand... all of recorded human history and human nature. But I hope you are right. I read through all those Yashar Ali posts. The one who just posted "i can't type it" got to me the most.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
ROY MOORE DID NOTHING WRONG! :derp:

https://youtu.be/wknywxfcE5M?t=58s

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Throwing Turtles posted:

Revenge of the Nerds had the hero raping the villains girlfriend by pretending to be him, good times.

yikes

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

I just realized I forgot the kicker, she's cool with it cause he's awesome in bed.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This specimen of human waste should be fired from her job. How can someone like this be in a position of protecting children?

"I'm sorry, Sally, but you should have reported when Mr. Bleeker was fondling you a couple days ago when it actually happened instead of acting up in school".

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm reminded of a graphic novel of mine that in one page kinda encapsulates the problem and the reaction in one page:

Context: A mob boss' kid is serially raping all the girls in his father's neighborhood, and that's the father's first response.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Also, superPAC ads in Alabama should feature clips of Moore's answers from that Hannity segment.

EugeneDebsWasCool
Nov 10, 2017
Buglord

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm reminded of a graphic novel of mine that in one page kinda encapsulates the problem and the reaction in one page:

Context: A mob boss' kid is serially raping all the girls in his father's neighborhood, and that's the father's first response.

What's the graphic novel?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

EugeneDebsWasCool posted:

What's the graphic novel?

Oddly enough, it's Punisher: The Tyger, telling the story of him growing up as a kid in 50s Brooklyn. He ends up getting his father's .45 out of his war chest to go and kill the mob boss' son himself, but his friend's older brother beats him to it, beats him to within an inch of his life, then burns him alive for raping his sister and causing her to commit suicide.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I would assume the republican senators don’t really care about their majority coming 2018 when they are calling for Moore to drop out. I guess that they would be relieved to have that burden lifted of actually having to get anything done. Not doing anything is much easier when you don’t have a majority!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Throwing Turtles posted:

Revenge of the Nerds had the hero raping the villains girlfriend by pretending to be him, good times.

The 2009 Richard Curtis film The Boat That Rocked apparently has a scene like that, young groupie agrees to sleep with a DJ, who in the dark sneaks out so that a friend can take his place. The scene is meant to be humorous. A comedy rape scene. Thanks Love Actually guy.

The film is based on the escapades of pioneers of youth radio in the UK. Funnily enough most of them turned out to be rapey monsters.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 11, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
The NRSC pulled their funding for Moore.

BabyFur Denny posted:

I would assume the republican senators don’t really care about their majority coming 2018 when they are calling for Moore to drop out. I guess that they would be relieved to have that burden lifted of actually having to get anything done. Not doing anything is much easier when you don’t have a majority!

You laugh but I'm fairly certain this is in the back of the minds of some of the folks in the teabagger caucus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/929414932877185025
Fox News lusts for troop death.

• Locked thread