Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Picante de Pollo is spicy chicken, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dessert pops out, and she and the bad guy aim at each other down the lane created by the pillars.

Dessert fires her two remaining shots, both of which go wide; one too high, one too low. Her gun is now empty.

Before she can duck behind cover, Dessert is hit in the arm! It's not a crippling wound, but she'll be in trouble if she gets hit one or two more times.

Linchpin drops his Glock and unslings his MAT-49 as the shotgun-wielding gang member gets closer.

Linchpin precisely fires a single shot, which misses entirely.

Earp continues to bide his time.

Enemies
* Hooligan (Heavily Wounded) - Browning Hi-Power
* Hooligan (Healthy) - TOZ-66
* Hooligan (Healthy) - Mini Uzi

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Go into a crouch and keep waiting for the pistol hooligan to round the corner, hope Linchpin can deal with Shotgun Hooligan this round.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Ow! Dammit!

Duck back into cover, fully reload. How far away is this guy? It doesn't look any further than 20 meters or so--that should be well within shotgun range...

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I've got a line on the shotgunner, right? Aimed short bursts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Davin Valkri posted:

Ow! Dammit!

Duck back into cover, fully reload. How far away is this guy? It doesn't look any further than 20 meters or so--that should be well within shotgun range...

So far I've been using Snapshot for you, since he's aiming at you as well and I wanted to minimize the amount of time that you'd be exposed. You can use an Aimed Shot, but that'll take additional time to prepare and you may be at risk of getting shot before you can pull the trigger (much like how you got shot before you could get back into cover).

One thing to keep in mind is that the chance to hit goes up the more you fire at someone. This is good for you because you can keep shooting at a target and eventually hit it, but it's also good for the AI in this case: if he's still pointed at where you're going to pop out, he has a higher chance of successfully hitting you with another burst.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dessert loads her shotgun back up with a fresh 4 shells. She still has a whopping 52 remaining in her pockets.

Spotting the shotgunner aiming at him, Cameron starts to run for cover. This takes her attention off of Linchpin...

Linchpin precisely fires two perfect 3-round bursts from his submachine gun, and two bullets catch the enemy solidly. She drops her shotgun and collapses next to the car.

If you hold Alt while selecting an enemy to attack, your merc will continue to fire until the target is dead. I used that to let Linchpin fire two bursts as fast as possible, without waiting to see the effects of the first and then making a separate attack order.

I hope the bartender doesn't expect us to pay for the damage done to his building!

Take a look at how far those bullets flew! Also, notice the "Don't shoot!" message in the screenshot of the first burst hitting? I'm not sure exactly who it was, but at least one round seems to have accidentally hit a civilian. I've set the game so that you can get a few accidental hits on civilians without making the whole town hostile, but the standard rules of gun safety actually apply in this game.

Linchpin can hear movement on the other side of the wall. Sounds like the injured one with the Browning is back up.

Enemies
* Hooligan (Heavily Wounded) - Browning Hi-Power
* Hooligan (Mortally Wounded) - TOZ-66

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
pop out of cover and fire a couple of quick shots before reentering cover

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

If you hold Alt while selecting an enemy to attack, your merc will continue to fire until the target is dead. I used that to let Linchpin fire two bursts as fast as possible, without waiting to see the effects of the first and then making a separate attack order.

I like you. I like your style.

Inch up the wall to the corner, and peek around it. If the other hooligan isn't ready, shoot that one as well.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

That yellow circle is where we can hear Pistol Hooligan, right? I'm in a pretty good spot, just keep aiming and waiting for them to pop around that wall.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Screw it, peek the corner, slice the pie, fire two shells at this guy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dessert and Verchic peek around the corner...

He's gone!

As Linchpin moves to the corner, he hears movement just on the other side. Stopping, he carefully raises his gun and sidesteps around the corner.

There she is!

Most of the burst goes into the wall, with one bullet ricocheting off into the sky, but the last shot hits her and she loses consciousness.

Linchpin finishes her off in the Irish way: one last shot to the temple.

As the girls wonder where their assailant went, they hear something on the other side of the stairs....

Enemies
* Hooligan (Mortally Wounded) - TOZ-66

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Move Earp out in to the street and start scanning for more baddies

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Shoulder weapon and take aim. As soon as the uzi carrier comes into view, fire everything.

Man, wouldn't it suck if a stray bullet ended up hitting the person we were supposed to protect on this?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Shoulder SMG and prepare for enemies.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
keep pistol raised and move carefully to the next pillar and take cover behind it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quinntan posted:

keep pistol raised and move carefully to the next pillar and take cover behind it

You mean the thin pillars on the right?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Yeah

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Linchpin finishes her off in the Irish way: one last shot to the temple.

'Round here, we call that a "surely temple". Like the cocktail, get it? Shirley Temple?
(No one has ever called it that.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dessert shoulders her Remington as Verchic rushes up with the Makarov.

Suddenly, Dessert sees something sailing through the air toward her...

Oh.

Verchic runs forward while Dessert loving books it back around the corner of the building.

The grenade goes off with a loud bang overhead. It looks like the guy threw a little too hard and it landed on the balcony, where the shrapnel was safely contained by the second floor of the hotel. The state of any guests inside remains unknown.

Meanwhile, the mortally wounded victim of Linchpin's French SMG gets up and begins to run for safety. She'll inevitably bleed to death, but Earp takes no chances.

Enemies

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
bugger going forward, take cover behind that nice solid looking wall to the left and aim the direction I had ran last turn

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

They have grenades?! I want revenge! Press the attack to support Verchic!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Gun at the ready, move along the south side of the hotel towards the southwest corner. See if I can't flank this guy.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Keep moving out into the street and looking for more baddies

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As the shotgunner continues to collapse, Linchpin and Earp make their run out of cover.

Dessert and Cameron move together back around the corner, weapons at the ready in case the last one makes an appearance.

Verchic takes cover behind the wall, Makarov aimed at where he's expected to pop out.

wait what

No, I don't know how this happened either. He just phased into existence behind Verchic, so I'm wondering if there was a weird pathfinding and line of sight quirk that made him invisible.

Verchic spins on her heel and fires from the hip, scoring a direct shot on the bad guy's waist and dropping him to the floor. She continues firing as he falls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3sHT2WqNVk

Yeah, this game is still buggy. I think he fell in such a way that he was counted as blocked from line of sight, making him disappear into the stairs. I just fast forwarded until he bled to death.

Verchic shakes her head, wondering if she just didn't get enough sleep on the drive to Puerto Viejo. He's in front of her now, dead as a doornail.

COMBAT END

I honestly think this went pretty well as a preview of what's to come! We had some minor injuries, everyone got a chance to do some damage, and we had a classic 7.62 bug. I'll do up the loot in a new post.

Also, I want to let everyone know in advance that I will be gone on vacation from 11/20 until 12/3. The game will promptly return on 12/3 or 12/4 at the latest if I arrive home late. Depending on what route you guys choose, we should be getting our fifth player soon!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unlike the shop inventory, loot lists will show how much ammo is loaded into each gun and dropped magazine at the end of the fight. I also won't be showing money on bodies, as clicking on a dead guy's cash automatically adds it to your total. Instead, I'll put the party's total cash reserves at the bottom so you can see the change from last time.

If you want the ammo in a magazine but not the magazine itself, like if you just want to sell off the gun and mags instead of keeping them, you can remove ammo that's loaded into guns and magazines to keep for yourself.

Loot

Weapons
* Taurus Model 850 CIA (.38 Special) - 5 rounds
* Scattergun (12 gauge) - 2 rounds
* Browning Hi-Power (9x19mm) - 9 rounds
* Mini Uzi (9x19mm) - 16 rounds

Ammo
* x1 50-round box of .38 Special JHP
* x1 10-round box of 12 gauge buckshot
* x1 25-round Uzi magazine (9x19mm) - 25 rounds
* x1 13-round Browning Hi-Power magazine (9x19mm) - 13 rounds

Melee Weapons
* x2 Bayonets (AK)

Medical Supplies
* x1 Individual Bandage Kit

Miscellaneous
* x1 Bottle of wine

I'll also include screenshots of everyone's inventory as of the end of battle, with all dropped equipment picked back up.

Total Cash: $39,355
Individual Allowance: $7,871

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 11, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Is that including whatever we get from the quest giver?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Davin Valkri posted:

Is that including whatever we get from the quest giver?

That is not! Let's actually go back and let Mister Sister know that he's safe.

Total Cash: $40,355
Individual Allowance: $8,071

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'm going to definitely want to top off my MAT magazine. Am I carrying one gun in each hand, or is it the glock in my hands and MAT slung?

Also we probably want someone to snag that uzi.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Ooh, Browning. Shiny... I’ll take it if nobody else wants it.

I’ll definitely take the medical supplies though.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 11, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

We should probably just sell the scattergun and Taurus. Do we have a place to stash the ammo and other things while we figure out where to get LBE, or do we have to take or sell everything here?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I think you can rent a locker from bartenders, but it's been a while.

E: yep, that's a thing.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Okay Mister Sister what did you do? I was expecting this fight to be against a bunch of street thugs not a whole group of armed insurgents. Seeing that grenade come flying out was a good laugh.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

I'm going to definitely want to top off my MAT magazine. Am I carrying one gun in each hand, or is it the glock in my hands and MAT slung?

Also we probably want someone to snag that uzi.

The MAT is slung and the Glock is in your hands. You have three slots for slinging longarms: left shoulder, right shoulder, and neck.

Yes, this means you can theoretically carry one gun in your hands and 3 others on slings.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I really want to be able to hang the glock around my neck like a lanyard.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

I really want to be able to hang the glock around my neck like a lanyard.

Someone should make a mod.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Other than pulling any 9mm ammo I can store easily out of the magazines of guns we'd be selling, I don't need any of the stuff, so I'm fine converting as much as possible to cash.

Also, if my Glock is better than anyone's pistol and they want to trade just ask.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

One thing that somebody might consider important - the dropped UZI has a 25-round magazine. I'm pretty sure that the ones we've seen in the shop only had 20-rounders, so that magazine might be a little more valuable even if nobody wants that particular variety of UZI.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gnoman posted:

One thing that somebody might consider important - the dropped UZI has a 25-round magazine. I'm pretty sure that the ones we've seen in the shop only had 20-rounders, so that magazine might be a little more valuable even if nobody wants that particular variety of UZI.

It's also a Mini Uzi while the one you saw in the shop was a Micro Uzi, so it'll be more accurate and powerful in return for a lower full auto rate of fire, higher weight, and inability to be kept in a holster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Then if nobody wants it, top it off and top the magazine off and I'll carry it. I think I'm good for it, right? Drop the box of 2 shells if not.

• Locked thread