Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Everything is fine, revolutionary fervor will soon sweep the land and unite us. Aaaaaaaany day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Yeah, as a merchant I know exactly what I did when this happened, I set sail for Ibriz, the New World is where Allah smiles upon the faithful.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I can't believe Al-Andalus is loving dead.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

...and sometimes the price is too steep.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Here lies Al-Andalus: it never industrialized

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

WilliamAnderson posted:

Yeah, as a merchant I know exactly what I did when this happened, I set sail for Ibriz, the New World is where Allah smiles upon the faithful.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
With the collapse and dismemberment of Al Andalus, the thread is facing a choice as to who we ought to follow next. I’m going to stay in Iberia, because our primary objective should be to revive Al Andalus at any costs, but the choice as to which daughter state we follow comes down to you. There are 5 options - Granada, Qurtubah, Qadis, Tulaytullah and Qattalun.

A - Granada

Led by the Mad Hunchback, the last in the Tariqi line of Jizrunids, the emirate of Granada is the last bastion of Shia Islam on the peninsula. Sultan Ali is a demented and increasingly insane old man, and surrounded by hostile powers and religious enemies, his heirs will have a long road to reuniting the peninsula,

B - Qurtubah

The Imamate of Qurtubah came about as a result of decades of Shia rule in a Sunni-dominant country, with tens of thousands of peasants following warrior-imams into battle as they fought to see their sect become dominant once again. Now led by the near-mythical Mahdi, the fanatics aim to bring all of Iberia under the rule of Allah once more, and this time there will be no talk of tolerance or mercy.

C - Qadis

Ruled from Qadis, still one of the largest and richest cities in Europe, the Majlis have managed to carve out their own slice of the peninsula. Pinning the blame for Iberia’s collapse solely on the Jizrunids, the Majlis seek to forge a stronger Al Andalus out of its ruins, unified under the rule of the Grand Vizier and his assembly of nobles.

D - Tulaytullah

For the first time in a century, the City of Sultans is ruled by a Sunni Jizrunid, Abd-al-Qays. Young and talented, Abd-al-Qays is determined to see his dynasty rise once again, refusing to even imagine an Al Andalus that is not ruled by the Jizrunids.

E - Qattalun

The thought of an al-Andalus not ruled by a Sultan is indeed unthinkable, but it is past time new blood was injected into Iberia. The Banu Saqq are not as embroiled in dreams of glory as the other daughter states, they first and foremost are determined to maintain their independence, seeking to expand only where it benefits them.

So those are your choices! Choose wisely, the government we end up with will play a critical role not just in the remainder of EU4, but in games beyond as well.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Qadis, now and forever!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

C Its where we got our start last time and its where we'll start again

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Qurtubah. The faithless must burn.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Can there be any doubt? C - Qadis!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C, we built Al-Andalus up from nothing but Qadis before, we'll do it again.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Absolutely not to further Majli or Jizrunid rule. You've all proven yourselves incompetent dullards, our country is in flames because of your chronic mishandling, and the Faithful have been out in the wilderness long enough. Qurtubah shall forge a united Iberia, and with Allah and the peasant masses at our sides we shall be invincible.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
E

Qattalun(ya) triomfant!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

C for Qadis! Rule so enlightened it'll blind you and everyone you know!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
C

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Raserys posted:

E

Qattalun(ya) triomfant!

E for a free and culturally autonomous Iberia! Let's not become vassals of Castille!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Barring a secret Portugal option, I vote C

We've hitched our horse to the revolutionary wagon. We might as well make sure that it reaches the station.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
D - Tulaytullah

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
C - Qadis of course!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

C

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

C.

There's never going to be a goonocracy based LP that doesn't collapse into backstabbing and misery, is there?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
C Everything good in Al-Andalus has only come about with the Majlis's guidance.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
C - Qadis

It's not the republic we need, but it's the republic we deserve.

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord
E

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
B.

gotta bring back the dalai ulama somehow :(

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

C - Qadis

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lol we got the revolution and Hashim just casually crushed it :shepicide: thanks boss!

C of course

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Qurtubah. Can you hear the people sing? It is a song of angry Sunnis...

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
E Becuase the idea of us being buddies with Morroco after all of this is way too amusing.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
E. Free Qattalun!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B

Qurtubah is the only Andalusi successor state backed by the people! No merchants, no aristocracy, only Allah will guide us! (and his pal Hakam)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

C - Qadis

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
The Majlis and their idiotic feuds with the rightful Sultan doomed us; the madman's own foolishness sealed that fate. Neither can be trusted.

Throw behind D - Tulaytullah, and we shall reunite behind a Jizrunid who shares his subjects' faith - as it should be!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

E

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
E

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

D. Exterminate the Majlis! They're the ones who caused this mess, it's high time a fitting Sunni Jizrunid fixed the errors of the Second Fitna. Absolute Monarchy forever!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

C

really queer Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 11, 2017

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.