Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is it just me or are some of the alt- art cards pretty bad. Not talking about FFG cards talking about some of these "respected" artists.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Paul larue has never drawn a face that doesnt look like a 7 yr olds fingerpainting. I dont get why people eat his poo poo up so much. The guy running the chicago regional actually flew him out to the event last year as a special guest for some reason.

Also lol @ whoever the hell wraithsquadron is dumping prob $4-500 on an alt art of a pilot nooone will ever play.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 11, 2017

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Why does Luke have Ackbar's mouth?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

polynominal-c posted:

Why does Luke have Ackbar's mouth?

I thought you were joking :psyduck:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Paul LaRue is bad. Period.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
After seeing what he charges I am surprised FFG hasn't shut him down. Can understand doing it for a charity event or something, but making money off a Disney product should be a big no no.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Raged posted:

making money off a Disney product should be a big no no.

Someone better tell Disney to stop selling things.

:haw:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Rob Liefeld II: Paul LaRue Boogaloo

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I would love a series of Liefeld alt art cards.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I would love a series of Liefeld alt art cards.

Ships drawn out of proportion and covered with pouches?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

That glory awaits us all.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

Paul LaRue is bad. Period.

More like Paul LaPoo, am I right?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

overdesigned posted:

That glory awaits us all.

Reminds me of early 90s BattleTech art.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Went 3-2 today in double-elimination. Ended up in top 12 overall in the 32 player final for a 108 player championship. Feels good man.

2 Black Sun aces with Deadeye/Harpoons/Scav/Chips/munitions failsafe/title plus Nym with TLT/Deadeye/chips/harpoons/EM is a damage powerhouse of a list.
I wiped an Asajj off the board in one round with 3 harpoon missiles and it was totally ridiculous. Was a good trade for 2 damage on a Kirahzkh.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyoneer posted:

Went 3-2 today in double-elimination. Ended up in top 12 overall in the 32 player final for a 108 player championship. Feels good man.

2 Black Sun aces with Deadeye/Harpoons/Scav/Chips/munitions failsafe/title plus Nym with TLT/Deadeye/chips/harpoons/EM is a damage powerhouse of a list.
I wiped an Asajj off the board in one round with 3 harpoon missiles and it was totally ridiculous. Was a good trade for 2 damage on a Kirahzkh.

Good run. What were the two lists that beat you?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If someone just wanted to play with the new trilogy ships, is that something that would be fine to make some casual lists? Like, Force Awakens Core Set + Heroes of the Resistance + Tie/fo or Tie special forces pack?

I used to play X-Wing a long while back, and I'm kind of getting the desire to give it another shot with friends but don't feel like picking up anything I had previously purchased (since its in a box on another continent in storage). I like the color scheme of the new TIE fighters so I was thinking that restricting myself to the new era ships might make it a little more manageable to pick up the game again.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
90% of my list of a Resistance Sympathizer and two T-70s can be played with one TFA Core Set and one Heroes of the Resistance. The only things missing are the astromechs and Sensor Clusters, which represent a total of 6 points that I'm sure you could make out of something else.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Raged posted:

Good run. What were the two lists that beat you?

It was hangar bay, my first loss was my Miranda/Dash vs. RAClo plus Vader TIE. Dash had 4 damage cards before he lost a shield :negative:

Second loss I was playing Nym2K vs Expertise Dengar with EU/K4/title/glitter and Nym with adaptability/ac/abt/bomblet/???

He PS killed a K with a direct hit crits, though I had 3 harpoons pointing at his Nym. Ended with his Dengar taking a R1 target lock shot at the last K for the last 2 damage. His Dengar has 2 Hull and I have a R1 target lock shot on him. PS killed me:rip:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Heroes of the Resistance in any case is a great buy, you can practically make a solid 100 point list from that box by itself.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Does anyone use Super Dash these days?
I loved that loving build and was one of my first real builds I played in a tournament with.
Thinking of doing it again. What pairs well with him?
I was thinking of a lothal rebel with auto blaster/fCS/Hera crew.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

lazerus06 posted:

I loved that loving build and was one of my first real builds I played in a tournament with.

Super Dash is still good, it's just that a slimmer 52 point Lone Wolf/Rey Dash gives you a lot more choices for buddies.

Other good buddy is PTL Norra with C-3PO, and R2-D2 and Vectored Thrusters. It is real tanky and hits hard too.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

lazerus06 posted:

If you do a ghost, try FCS/Hera/Ezra. Turns it into the world's fattest TIE Defender (5k for days)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Was bombing nerfed to the ground, or is it now merely on par with the rest of the meta?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The latter. It’s still viable, just not broken.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Advanced Sensors Nym is still kind of questionable. He's just transitioned to Seismics, Ions and Thermals now, and he's still able to bomb a stupidly-huge amount of board space with free decisionmaking at PS10.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yeah FFG can go suck my dick. Italy who had 50 ish people show up for the last system open got another one for 2018. Asia/Australia got nothing

http://xwingopen.fantasyflightgames.com/

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Yeah FFG can go suck my dick. Italy who had 50 ish people show up for the last system open got another one for 2018. Asia/Australia got nothing

Get the world champion on the blower

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Either the article (which mentions 15 events) is wrong or the list (which has 6) is incomplete. So maybe you'll get one later?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Raged posted:

You're going to just have to accept that FFG hates Asia/Australia.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

ConfusedUs posted:

Either the article (which mentions 15 events) is wrong or the list (which has 6) is incomplete. So maybe you'll get one later?

"Follow us on Twitter for updates as more locations are targeted!"

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Either the article is wrong...

Just put this after every FFG article release.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
My local meta has morphed into double Shadow Caster land and I'm not a fan. Not really interested in running Dash to counter. Any other ideas?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Fat Han + poe?

RAClo should hard counter two big ship lists.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm not sure what a double Shadow Caster list entails; would handing out a bunch of stress help disable their mobile arc? Or is that not the big danger?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah, RAClo is the scariest thing a 2 ship list can see.
Expertise/K4 Dengar is still really good, with a buddy of your choice (Nym, Caster or Party Bus)
4 TIE bombers with LWF, Unguided Rockets and Wampa is a great swarm these days, and can hit dual Shadowcasters pretty hard.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyonero posted:

My local meta has morphed into double Shadow Caster land and I'm not a fan. Not really interested in running Dash to counter. Any other ideas?

High PS ordinance would do the trick. 3 Cruise/Harpoon would total a lancer in one round if fired from range 3

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So I'm going back to my FLGS league night after a long hiatus from the game and wanted some help building a couple lists that are competitive with the current meta. Not sure what the local meta is these days but the guys that play there are pretty hardcore and the more competitive guys usually play at Worlds, Gencon, etc.. Additionally it would be good to know what things from waves 10 and 11 to look out for. We're playing two games. The first will be standard tournament rules and the second is 2v2 with each player running a 75pt list. As for my collection, I have everything Rebel through Wave 10 except for Sabine's TIE as well as multiples of several common ships. For Scum I have everything through Wave 9 except for the IG-2000 and Guns for Hire. For Imps just Aces and TIE Interceptor. Borrowing or proxying upgrade cards shouldn't be a problem. Any help would be appreciated. For the standard game I was considering trying Rey/Nora since I've heard some success with that and have some play time with both pilots. Comedy option is 3x Outer Rim Smuggler since I have the models with three different paint schemes and I'll likely be too stoned to be competitive. Also anything I should be on the lookout to buy that's a must have? I always like to throw the store a little money when I play.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Good write up by a guy who ran this recently

Triple-10s'
Airen Cracken - Veteran Instincts, Harpoon Missile, Guidance Chips (24)
Wedge Antilles - Adaptability, BB-8, Plasma Torpedoes, Guidance Chips (34)
Captain Nym - Veteran Instincts, Autoblaster Turret, Rey, Harpoon Missile, Bomblet Generator, Guidance Chips (42)

http://stayontheleader.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/use-your-harpoons-and-tow-cables.html

Only thing I don't agree with is Rey. I would drop her and put Havok+ FCS and Genius on

Raged fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 14, 2017

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Raged posted:

Good write up by a guy who ran this recently

Triple-10s'
Airen Cracken - Veteran Instincts, Harpoon Missile, Guidance Chips (24)
Wedge Antilles - Adaptability, BB-8, Plasma Torpedoes, Guidance Chips (34)
Captain Nym - Veteran Instincts, Autoblaster Turret, Rey, Harpoon Missile, Bomblet Generator, Guidance Chips (42)

http://stayontheleader.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/use-your-harpoons-and-tow-cables.html

Only thing I don't agree with is Rey. I would drop her and put Havok+ FCS and Genius on

Unfortunately haven't picked up a Scurrg yet but it would be top on my list of things to buy if they have one in stock. I jumped out of the game shortly after Wave 9 and while I bought a U-Wing from Wave 10 I'm yet to play with it other than chasing my wife's cats around making pew pew noises. I'm sure I could borrow or proxy a Harpoon Missile or two (despite being competitive my local group is really chill with that kind of thing) but I'm yet to see one in action. I'll have to see if the Squadron Benchmark has it as I'm planning to kill a couple hours tonight on it for practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

The biggest issue with the U-Wing is that rebels don't have something like Palpatine/Jabba to put in it. It's basically the rebel version of the Lambda, but without a good 2-Crew Upgrade in the faction.

• Locked thread