Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liiSRrYawA4

quote:

Araki: But Dragonball came back with a piss-poor new anime, my new anime follows the manga perfectly, and people love it!

quote:

I dont have his bank account, but I have more memes...I got the last laugh!

quote:

What is your opinion of Tite Kubo? Araki: I don't acknowledge irrelevant trash.

quote:

Will Vento Aureo get animated? Araki: gently caress no
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what the gently caress is this

this isn't funny

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah it was not very funny. Also Dragon Ball Super is fun.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rXE2RjinkU

Holy poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Enchantress is such a stupid addition. The movie she was in was poorly received and she was considered to be one of the weakest parts of it. Namely cause she is kind of a lovely villain. Like there were so many characters I would have taken over Enchantress.

The other reveals are fine.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I would watch/play the poo poo out of Silent Horseman.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also Dragon Ball Super is fun.

I haven't seen a wronger opinion my entire life. And I know a guy who unironically liked the Shyamalan Last Airbender movie.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

I haven't seen a wronger opinion my entire life. And I know a guy who unironically liked the Shyamalan Last Airbender movie.

Dragon Ball Super is very fun

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Andrast posted:

Dragon Ball Super is very fun

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

VolticSurge posted:

Dragon Ball Super is way better than long stretches of Z by making the tone more similar to the better parts of Dragon Ball OG. The only people that don't like super are sad brain power level canon cry babies (Woolie, pat) and people with a lot of issues with women (Reddit).

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont like that tien doesnt do anything

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

i dont like that tien doesnt do anything

Tien being competent would be terrible

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it was good throughout all of dragonball and he also did cool stuff in dbz

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

it was good throughout all of dragonball and he also did cool stuff in dbz

Did he do something else in DBZ besides delaying cell for 30 seconds and getting owned? I guess he got beat up by Nappa with the rest of the cast.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Andrast posted:

Did he do something else in DBZ besides delaying cell for 30 seconds and getting owned? I guess he got beat up by Nappa with the rest of the cast.

Yeah but those thirty seconds tho

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tien never did anything outside of the one Budokai he was in and since then he's just been Yamcha but slightly stronger and with way less personality. And an even dumber pet/friend.

He sucks and Krillin and Roshi are way better than him in basically every way. Super admits this and puts those two over way way more than they do Tien cause he suck. Hell Krillin made a much stronger and better version of one of Tien's attacks.

Honestly from the ToP we see an ideal Goku Friends team where 17 replaces Tien and Hit, Vegeta's real son, and Goku's gay daughters, join the team.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not really feeling this Evil Within intro at all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tien's plan for dealing with a sniper was to run directly at him while tanking hits.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Tien's plan for dealing with a sniper was to run directly at him while tanking hits.

And then for no reason to throw 3 copies of himself of a cliff with the first one to take out someone that was already falling with the one clone.

Tien sucks. His one cool thing in DB was growing 4 arms and being an rear end in a top hat and his one cool thing in Z was wasting everyone's time in an arc made of wasting time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think people fixated on Tien because he was supposed to be the strongest human fighter and a chunk of the fanbase just wanted someone not-alien to catch up and do some cool poo poo after Namek. It's a Cell Saga side-effect.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Krillin was always the strongest human.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rhonne posted:

Let's not pretend that's a terrible plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8lwL2zn5Y

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

That was an amazingly well-animated fight I think.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I really appreciate that Jotaro could have solved this pretty easily by just keeping one bullet for himself and counter-sniping the rat during a time stop, but didn't because he wanted to let his uncle know he had complete faith in him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dias posted:

I think people fixated on Tien because he was supposed to be the strongest human fighter and a chunk of the fanbase just wanted someone not-alien to catch up and do some cool poo poo after Namek. It's a Cell Saga side-effect.

Krillin is the strongest human.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dias posted:

it's just because he's always seemed underutilized and has cool techniques. and he's kind of edgy like piccolo. the multiform is never used in a way that makes sense because of how power works in this series, but he invents the solar flare, which is arguably the most useful technique in the entire series except people don't use it because dbz is bad, and the tri-beam, which is unique in that it probably has the best ratio between "charge time/power multiplier" but at the cost of draining the user's life force
in DB he's goku's strongest human opponent, in DBZ we get hints that he's been keeping up because he's able to pin Cell down for...however long that was. in the tv show it seemed like it was going on for 20 minutes but maybe that was actually 3 manga panels. Regardless it was something nobody else not in a time-chamber was able to do at the time, including the androids who were outstripping everyone. so you're left wondering, just like, "ok this guy has powers skills pretty unique to him amongst the Z cast and is able to hold off someone several leagues beyond him in power. is there anything else he can do. is that third eye ever going to come into play. what if he taught goku the tri-beam."

also he has a straw hat

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

People used solar flare all the goddamn time in Z and now even in Super. And he wasn't keeping up in the Cell Saga era at all. The whole point was he was vastly weaker and felt frustrated by it so decided to burn his actual life force for a big attack in a dangerous and reckless attempt to prove he could still hang with the big dogs and even that barely did anything. He always suck.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

my point was that he invented it and burning yourself out to try and stop some threat unimaginably stronger than you, is cool and the heart of shounen. you can stop with the gamefaqs-esque posts now

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He did more to stop Cell than Vegeta did.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Burkion posted:

Vegeta is the designated jobber and gently caress-up. That's a very important role.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not really feeling this Evil Within intro at all.

it feels like a cartoon someone made about TEW1 and matt just paid them for it

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dias posted:

I like Tien because I've watched most of Dragonball only in Abridged format, and GanXingba's Tien is very funny.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

Vegeta beat the absolute poo poo about of Imperfect Cell and could have easily killed him. Tien held the same form back for a few minutes. Vegeta did way more but then did the most vegeta thing possible.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

Vegeta is the designated jobber and gently caress-up. That's a very important role.

Oh Vegeta, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. What was the biggest opponent he actually beat. Ginyu? A loser Saiyan from another universe that didn't even know he could transform? Though he's not a jobber properly, he's still depicted as strong and capable, even if he ultimately loses fights so Goku can save the day.

Super is fun though, and while it is objectively flawed in a lot of ways, they're all ways Z was flawed too, and I much prefer its lighter tone. Also, the writing seems a bit more nuanced, like, it acknowledges Goku and Vegeta are kinda old guys who'ver become veteran fighters, and I like the mentorship vibe with the new Saiyans. Goku vs Kefla has the feel of a master's technique vs youthful power, at least as much as DB can ever be about technique vs power.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Vegeta beat gold Freiza to the point that Freiza got mad and blew up the earth

He also has like half a dozen eliminations in the tournament

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Vegeta beat gold Freiza to the point that Freiza got mad and blew up the earth

He also has like half a dozen eliminations in the tournament

Yeah but those eliminations are all dumb weirdos Toriyama dug out of a bin labeled "Dragon Quest rejects". Golden Frieza is fair, but it was also a battle where Frieza started gassed and ultimately Goku had to come in and save the day, so it wasn't really a clean win. Probably counts though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

Yeah but those eliminations are all dumb weirdos Toriyama dug out of a bin labeled "Dragon Quest rejects". Golden Frieza is fair, but it was also a battle where Frieza started gassed and ultimately Goku had to come in and save the day, so it wasn't really a clean win. Probably counts though.

Most of Goku's wins aren't clean either.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 12, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Oh Vegeta, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. What was the biggest opponent he actually beat. Ginyu? A loser Saiyan from another universe that didn't even know he could transform? Though he's not a jobber properly, he's still depicted as strong and capable, even if he ultimately loses fights so Goku can save the day.

Android 19

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Goku hasn't beaten a villain clean since.

Well never actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Goku hasn't beaten a villain clean since.

Well never actually.

There were plenty cleans wins in DB. Once they get to DBZ, not so much.

Frieza was pretty clean but even that had people distracting Frieza while he loaded up the spirit bomb